Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orvis live chat told me these gloves would be their warmest, so I ordered them:

They sure look stylish to me. Though I need a bit dressier coat to wear them with. So, depending on how warm they are, they might be going back.

And so, wanting serious warm gloves, I've decided to order these (can't get the picture address): https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/6080...0Heather&csp=a

Again, function > form. And the price is nice.

If I were a L or XL size in gloves, I'd be giving these a serious look:

http://www.allenedmonds.com/outlet/c...7_color=AE5037
    Last edited by jeff4; December 11, 2017, 06:08 PM.

Comment

New toy [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by nikbrown View Post
        New toy [emoji16]

Beautiful!

Comment

Originally posted by jeff4 View Post
          Orvis live chat told me these gloves would be their warmest, so I ordered them:

They sure look stylish to me. Though I need a bit dressier coat to wear them with. So, depending on how warm they are, they might be going back.

And so, wanting serious warm gloves, I've decided to order these (can't get the picture address): https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/6080...0Heather&csp=a

Again, function > form. And the price is nice.

If I were a L or XL size in gloves, I'd be giving these a serious look:
          I like the look of the first pair. I always forget Orvis when looking for some nice workhorse items.

New toy [emoji16]

Looks good! First nice watch purchase? It'll stick with you forever.

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
            I like the look of the first pair. I always forget Orvis when looking for some nice workhorse items.

Looks good! First nice watch purchase? It'll stick with you forever.
            Not exactly my first [emoji16]

Comment

[MENTION=17136]nikbrown[/MENTION] - Is that a PAM111? I've loved the 'California Dial' Panerai's since I saw them but don't know how I feel about the faux patina of the 424 if I were to ever get one. If I ever find myself with extra money, I'd but a SS Daytona then a California Dial PAM but doubt I will get to that. In the meantime I will just stick with my BLNR.

Comment

Recent Purchases

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
                [MENTION=17136]nikbrown[/MENTION] - Is that a PAM111? I've loved the 'California Dial' Panerai's since I saw them but don't know how I feel about the faux patina of the 424 if I were to ever get one. If I ever find myself with extra money, I'd but a SS Daytona then a California Dial PAM but doubt I will get to that. In the meantime I will just stick with my BLNR.
                Yep... picked it up used for a good deal because it had some minor case damage... managed to repair it almost perfectly... may sell it though feels a bit big to me every time i wear it.

Comment

[MENTION=4314]jeff4[/MENTION] I'm liking the look of those Orvis gloves. I ordered the lambskin pair that Joe always mentions on the site. Gotta say I am impressed. The gloves work perfectly for my climate. No regrets. In fact now I want to start looking at Orvis for additional warm clothing. I keep forgetting about them.

Comment

[MENTION=13399]DocDave[/MENTION] - That's good to hear. Where are you at again? In South Dakota, I'm a little concerned that they won't be warm enough, but that's why I picked up the Baxter States from LLBean. On crazy cold days, I'll do the Lands End parka and the baxter states. When I'm dressed for business on a typical cool day, I'll wear the orvis.

I am in need of an overcoat though, something that'll go over the top of a blazer.

Comment

[MENTION=4314]jeff4[/MENTION] I'm in Canada. The winters here can be biting cold, but for those spring/fall mornings, the gloves are great. Standing at the bus stop, or walking between buildings downtown, etc. the gloves are awesome. The gloves are unlined so I wouldn't trust them in super cold weather. But for those brisk/chilly days where it is too cold to have bare skin exposed to the elements, they are definitely my go-to gloves.

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                        [MENTION=4314]jeff4[/MENTION] I'm in Canada. The winters here can be biting cold, but for those spring/fall mornings, the gloves are great. Standing at the bus stop, or walking between buildings downtown, etc. the gloves are awesome. The gloves are unlined so I wouldn't trust them in super cold weather. But for those brisk/chilly days where it is too cold to have bare skin exposed to the elements, they are definitely my go-to gloves.

Don't know where exactly you are...but am btw Oshawa and Ottawa, and we got our first snow dump today. I have found Columbia insulated gloves to be OK.

Comment

Not exactly my first [emoji16]

Nice watches and box...may I ask where you got the box or where I can get something similar? Also, what size watches (face) are those as I have small wrists

Comment

The sinn is my smallest at 38mm... most of the rest are about 42-44mm.

Sadly that box is unobtainable... I made it... I get lots of questions regarding it... I think in a year or so I may start selling them (when my youngest starts school).

Comment

The sinn is my smallest at 38mm... most of the rest are about 42-44mm.

Sadly that box is unobtainable... I made it... I get lots of questions regarding it... I think in a year or so I may start selling them (when my youngest starts school).

Thanks...I think you should start mass producing that box, you will make a killin', but you will need time (see what I did there). LOL

Comment

[MENTION=17136]nikbrown[/MENTION] that's a great looking watch box. Nicely done.

[MENTION=17387]tayken[/MENTION] the wife bought me this watch box about a year ago. Couldn't be happier.

https://www.amazon.com/SONGMIC-Displ...ords=watch+box

Comment

Working...
                                X