This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Smart Oxford by Carlos Santos.

Purchased online from Skoaktiebolaget. Came with a couple of minor scratches in the sole as if someone had tried them on before.

https://us.skoaktiebolaget.com/colle...s-smart-oxford

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ianr View Post

Purchased online from Skoaktiebolaget. Came with a couple of minor scratches in the sole as if someone had tried them on before.

Nice, I'm seeing more and more Carlos Santos online and for good reason. Great alternative to AE.
      Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Comment

Very nice shade and shape
        Eat what is good for your health but
        Wear what is good for your and others eyes

Comment

Nice. Love the shade. I haven't heard of Carlos Santos before. Will be interesting to hear how you like them.

Comment

Ran down the street real quick just now to pick up the last small Barbour Lutz quilted jacket at my Macy's. Great looking and fitting jacket. I love quilted sport coat/Blazer style jackets and this one is the
            ( . )( . )

Two-way zipper, working cuff buttons (amazingly, the sleeves were the perfect length for me instead of too long), double vent with snaps, suede neck buckle & inside collar.

Comment

Very nice, I'm debating between a Bedale and Beaufort to replace my Sapper. I already have a rather worn Border (purchased second hand and needs to be rewaxed), but want something shorter.

-Vic
              "It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life." - Jean-Luc Picard

Comment

Picked these up in the recent AE seconds shell cordovan sale. The last pair in my size in the country. The sales associate told me she couldn’t find the flaw. Neither can I.........and for $325!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Viberg color 4 shell service boots came in after a few months of waiting. Stitchdown construction on the 2030 last. Through the process learned that color 4 is named as such because it’s half the intensity of color 8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Comment

christmas came early

Comment

[MENTION=13239]kongmw[/MENTION],

Very nice, which Meisterstück is that?

-Vic
                      "It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life." - Jean-Luc Picard

Comment

Originally posted by Vic View Post
                        [MENTION=13239]kongmw[/MENTION],

Very nice, which Meisterstück is that?

-Vic
                        Thanks. It's a platinum trim 146 with a fine nib.

Comment

Nice! I'm planning on buying myself a Montblanc when I write my final mortgage payment check. Only about 8-9 years to go.

Comment

Went a bit crazy on Black Friday/Cyber Monday.

Was able to hold off on RM Williams Chelsea's for 30% off at Mr. Porter (not sure how much I wear black), 20% off core styles at j. Fitzpatrick (want to visit a trying show, since I heard they run tight), and an additional 20% off at Barney's (nice pair of Crockett and Jones chukkas would have been $250). Have the amex $50 off $250 and been looking at the various shoebank sales, but wanted to try different brands to see if I could get a better out of the box fit.

But I ended up buying:

Taft Jack boot - a little narrow, but I can live with it

Grant Stone Ottawa boot -best fitting out of the box, usually an Allen Edmonds 5 last 9.5E or 10d and they recommended 9.5d.

Grant Stone longwing - like the boot, except asking the top is slightly tighter across the top of my for on the right shoe, but I was also wearing thicker socks.

Cobbler Union Alex - slightly narrower like Taft, but okay. Looks like some models are still up for sale https://www.cobbler-union.com/collec...7-black-friday

Billy Reid short Anderson chukka from East Dane with additional discount - still size 12 left https://m.eastdane.com/short-anderso...&colorId=11409

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                              Nice. Love the shade. I haven't heard of Carlos Santos before. Will be interesting to hear how you like them.
                              I like them. The 389 last works well for me even with a little "topline bulge" on my left foot. The construction seems very nice for the price point. I bought them on sale, but they seem like they are worth $375, especially considering the quality of other shoes at that price. I want the black wholecuts in the same last now, but my size isn't available.

The patina is hand-painted on crust leather with these particular shoes. They are beautiful in person and I can tell they will be high maintenance as far as polishing. The color makes me want some shoes from the "patina service" on Skoaktiebolaget.
                              https://us.skoaktiebolaget.com/produ...tina-service-1

Comment

Been on a bit of a spree recently.

Just bought this flannel-lined sweatshirt (can't get the image address): https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/113708?feat=pprv&csp=a

I think it looks like warm, comfortable and fairly stylish. What do you guys think?

I also have been cleaning house with Lands Ends' recent 50% off coupon extravaganzas:

I've had a little difficulty with the Lands End knockabout chinos. I ordered the same size as my tailored fit year-rounders, and they came in a bit too short. Fit otherwise was really pretty good. So, I've got some replacements on the way. I also ordered the flannel-lined because last week's single digit temps chilled me to the bone. I did unfortunately have to order the traditional fit on those, as the straight fit weren't available in my size. We'll see how they fit.

The parka is really nice quality, and I've decided that when it's cold, I can still look decent and be warm. The long sleeved supima polo is awesome. Tailored fit looks really great, and the material is really nice. I ordered a second, though I needed to get one with a pocket (which is fine) as the ones without had limited color availability.
                                Last edited by jeff4; December 11, 2017, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X