Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got (almost) all the parts to do my first mod on the Invicta I bought during Amazon's sale (the other one I've been wearing was done for me by [MENTION=12021]idvsego[/MENTION] ). Countdown bezel insert hasn't come yet so I swapped the new movement+parts into the case of the one that idvsego did for me.

Since it's a loose hybrid homage of a Seamaster 300 Pro and Planet Ocean, I'm calling it the SeaPirate Panda Ocean, complete with a vinyl decal I made based off Banksy's panda that I swapped the guns for knives and an eye patch. I think I need to move it down a little lower though.
    Last edited by Nandyn; November 30, 2017, 12:15 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nandyn View Post
      Got (almost) all the parts to do my first mod on the Invicta I bought during Amazon's sale (the other one I've been wearing was done for me by [MENTION=12021]idvsego[/MENTION] ). Countdown bezel insert hasn't come yet so I swapped the new movement+parts into the case of the one that idvsego did for me.

Since it's sort of a hybrid homage of a Seamaster 300 Pro and Planet Ocean, I'm calling it the SeaPirate Panda Ocean, compete with a vinyl decal I made based off Banksy's panda that I swapped the guns for knives and an eye patch. I think I need to move it down a little lower though.
      good call on moving it down. Cool project man!

Comment

• Originally posted by idvsego View Post
        good call on moving it down. Cool project man!
        Thanks for all your help and guidance! Much appreciated!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nandyn View Post
          Thanks for all your help and guidance! Much appreciated!!
          no problem at all

Comment

• Told myself I’d only make 1 watch purchase a year, but made an exception for this. Longines Heritage 1945.
            Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Comment

• Originally posted by Token View Post

Told myself I’d only make 1 watch purchase a year, but made an exception for this. Longines Heritage 1945.
              Very cool! I have that 'rule' as well... doesn't always work but a reasonable goal at least!

Comment

Told myself I’d only make 1 watch purchase a year, but made an exception for this. Longines Heritage 1945.
                nice purchase!

Comment

That is quite the simple, stunning watch!

Comment

• Allen Edmonds Long Branch Boot - Style No. 6043 Golden Brown

My Black Friday AE Long Branch boots arrived yesterday evening. These were shipped directly from Allen Edmonds as my local store did not have them in stock. I wish they had them in person because the boots were not properly packaged for shipping.

-Vic

*edit*

I brought the into my local AE shop and let them see what the result of poor packaging. The sales associates assured me that they would convey my feedback back to AE. They tried to locate a replacement pair to have shipped to the store but they were unable to so it looks like I'm wearing these.
                    Last edited by Vic; December 2, 2017, 05:58 PM. Reason: Update.
                    "It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life." - Jean-Luc Picard

Comment

• Originally posted by Vic View Post
                      My Black Friday AE Long Branch boots arrived yesterday evening. These were shipped directly from Allen Edmonds as my local store did not have them in stock. I wish they had them in person because the boots were not properly packaged for shipping.

-Vic

*edit*

I brought the into my local AE shop and let them see what the result of poor packaging. The sales associates assured me that they would convey my feedback back to AE. They tried to locate a replacement pair to have shipped to the store but they were unable to so it looks like I'm wearing these.
                      The right boot looks like it was crushed unless you got them on a 30%+ discount, I will return them. Retail price AE is expensive and you can be demanding

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by chiconice View Post
                        The right boot looks like it was crushed unless you got them on a 30%+ discount, I will return them. Retail price AE is expensive and you can be demanding

The end of the day discount was ~50% after taxes (final cost was $185 after taxes, marked down from $350), but I agree with your sentiment.

-Vic
                        "It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life." - Jean-Luc Picard

Comment

The end of the day discount was ~50% after taxes (final cost was $185 after taxes, marked down from $350), but I agree with your sentiment.

-Vic
                          Wow 50% that's doesn't happen from AE. I guess get you conditioner and do magic.

Comment

-Vic

*edit*

Maybe I'm missing a picture, but going off of the one with the white background, the creasing on the vamp just looks like loose grain rather than any consequence of packaging.
                            Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Comment

• Yep, and it's chromexcel so hit it with a horsehair brush every time after you wear them and otherwise don't bother with conditioners/polish/anything. I've found with my long branch boots that if I get a scuff, I can just dab a wet cloth on the area and buff it out.

Comment

• [MENTION=14773]Token[/MENTION],

I had initially shared a link to the imgur album where I keep these photos in my first post but deleted it when I updated the text. I don't blame you if you think I'm being overly critical, but this isn't my first pair of Allen Edmonds shipped from WI nor my first pair of CXL shoes.

[MENTION=6764]thedrake[/MENTION],

Thanks for the tip on just brushing them and laying off the conditioner/oil. In the past, I've used Obenauf’s Leather Oil on my 1000 Mile boots and Wolverine's Leather Oil & Conditioner on my AE Rush Streets because they tended to be worn in wet weather.

-Vic
                                Last edited by Vic; December 4, 2017, 01:37 PM. Reason: User error.

Comment

Working...
                                X