Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recent Purchases

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by idvsego View Post
    I use a sandpaper wheel on the Dremel then 200, 800, and 1000 if I want to polish. I usually stop at 800. Be careful with the Dremel. Real easy to get the case shape all wonky.
    Cool, might stick with file and lots of elbow grease and sand paper instead. Wish I could just fill the engraving in. Too bad JB weld doesn't make a shiny/SS color version of their metal epoxy.

    Edit:
    Actually, they've got a JB SteelStik, for a couple bucks, I might just try filling it in with that and sanding down/buffing it to see how that looks. But I don't think color will be anywhere close...hmmm...
    Last edited by Nandyn; November 19, 2017, 06:09 PM.

    Comment


      It hasn't been cold enough to break out the full cushion models, but the 1403 and 1939 socks are definitely warm enough for standing around waiting for the Metro. The 1617 are slightly heavier than Nordstrom's merino dress socks.

      Thank you for the imgur suggestion.

      -Vic
      "It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life." - Jean-Luc Picard

      Comment


        Originally posted by Nandyn View Post
        Cool, might stick with file and lots of elbow grease and sand paper instead. Wish I could just fill the engraving in. Too bad JB weld doesn't make a shiny/SS color version of their metal epoxy.

        Edit:
        Actually, they've got a JB SteelStik, for a couple bucks, I might just try filling it in with that and sanding down/buffing it to see how that looks. But I don't think color will be anywhere close...hmmm...
        Worst case you just file it still. Might as well see, right?

        Comment


          Originally posted by Nandyn View Post
          Cool, might stick with file and lots of elbow grease and sand paper instead. Wish I could just fill the engraving in. Too bad JB weld doesn't make a shiny/SS color version of their metal epoxy.

          Edit:
          Actually, they've got a JB SteelStik, for a couple bucks, I might just try filling it in with that and sanding down/buffing it to see how that looks. But I don't think color will be anywhere close...hmmm...
          Keep us updated on how that works. I have two invictas myself that could use the removal of engraving

          Comment


            Originally posted by Rpd362 View Post
            Keep us updated on how that works. I have two invictas myself that could use the removal of engraving
            Yup, will do. It'll be awhile though cuz I don't have Amazon prime so it'll come whenever they decide to ship in in he next 10 days or so.

            Comment


              My recent purchase, its Watch Movado Concept 60! Omg its so crazy watcj love it!

              Comment


                Red Wing Iron Ranger Boot - Style No. 8083 Hawthorne Muleskinner

                My Iron Rangers in Hawthorne Muleskinner arrived yesterday evening. They are my first pair of roughout boots and I really like the way they look. I ended up sizing down 1 size to a 12D (I normally wear 13D in just about everything) as my arch wasn't lining up correctly. They fit snugly with Darn Tough boot socks and should break in nicely.



                -Vic
                "It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life." - Jean-Luc Picard

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Vic View Post
                  My Iron Rangers in Hawthorne Muleskinner arrived yesterday evening. They are my first pair of roughout boots and I really like the way they look. I ended up sizing down 1 size to a 12D (I normally wear 13D in just about everything) as my arch wasn't lining up correctly. They fit snugly with Darn Tough boot socks and should break in nicely.



                  -Vic
                  My iron rangers were brutal at first, then broke in nicely. It was a pretty quick process.

                  Comment


                    Ugh, 4 Suits from S&M. I'm a weak weak man...

                    Comment


                      Used the S&M sitewide sale to give their MTM shirts a shot. Four shirts total with the bundling discounts & 20% off brought them down to about $47 per shirt. I couldn't resist at that price. Here's hoping they come out well.

                      Also... I bought a new car about a week and a half ago. So there's that too...

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Rawfull View Post
                        Also... I bought a new car about a week and a half ago. So there's that too...
                        Nice. What did you get?

                        Comment


                          Recent Purchases

                          Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                          Nice. What did you get?
                          Got a 2017 Jetta. My 10 year old cars transmission finally called it quits on me a few weeks ago. Traded it in when I saw how desperate a dealership near me was to clear out old stock. Got it for well under MSRP.

                          It’s a manual though which I haven’t driven in 12 years. Took me a little to get back some of that muscle memory but so much more fun to drive than an automatic.

                          Comment


                            Recent Purchases

                            I have had some fun with this recent cardigan purchase.

                            Nice for the coldest months coming up. Fits well and decent build.





                            It is by a German brand. Leif Nelson (https://leif-nelson.de)


                            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Last edited by Publius; November 28, 2017, 06:59 PM.

                            Comment


                              My recent purchases from Nordstrom Rack:

                              Clark’s Bushacre Chukka boots
                              Dockers slim fit Blackwatch plaid pants
                              Happy Socks 4 pack (purchased to get free shipping)






                              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                              Comment


                                Since I am new to this style game and trying to revamp my wardrobe, I picked up some of these JWN wingtips during the Black Friday sale.

                                https://m.shop.nordstrom.com/s/john-...ip-men/4609541

                                What are your thoughts on them? I mainly plan to wear them with chinos and trousers. Not sure if they would be appropriate with a suit and too dressy with jeans.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X