This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snake Doctor View Post
    Alden natural CXL cap toe boots, Barrie last.
    Why wouldn't Alden put the textured surface of the sole all the way to the toe? The toes on my shoes wear out quickly unless there is rubber there.

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
      Why wouldn't Alden put the textured surface of the sole all the way to the toe? The toes on my shoes wear out quickly unless there is rubber there.
      I believe I read somewhere that the reason is so the grippy crepe doesn't catch on stuff and make you trip, but honestly I've no idea.

Comment

I just purchased two pairs of AG Graduate jeans. Nordstrom Rack for $75. I buy expensive-ish clothes (and other things), but I could never stomach spending $225 for a pair of jeans when my Levis work fine for $40. But I tried on a pair at Nordstrom a couple months ago, they fit better than my Levis, so I bit the bullet when I found this sale.

Also bought a zipper vest from Eddie Bauer since they're one of the few places that makes a medium tall. We'll see how it looks when it gets here today. Hopefully not big and boxy like the one I bought from BR last year (and returned). http://www.eddiebauer.com/product/ve...=111&color=100

Comment

Picked up this Brooks Brothers mainline jacket on clearance at the Brooks Brothers outlet - Seattle Premium Outlets (which is actually 40 mi north of Seattle).

Thick but soft, water resistant cotton woven by Nova Fides. Has a zip-out quilted vest for added warmth.
          Was surprised how well it fit me (slim but not too tight in small, my go to size), especially as the sleeves were the perfect length instead of 1-2" too long like most brands.

Comment

Very Nice Purchase
            Eat what is good for your health but
            Wear what is good for your and others eyes

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
              It snowed five billion feet the past few days (an exaggeration) and was 0┬░F this morning (not an exaggeration) so I've been on the prowl for some kind of casual shoe that is substantial enough for the weather but wears like a sneaker. Settled on these Danner Vertigos... we'll see how they are in-person.

Got these, didn't like them in-person, plus they didn't really fit anyway. Back to the drawing board.
              Ben

Comment

just ordered a pair of burgundy Bonobos chinos for the upcoming holidays.

Comment

Thanks to S&M's sale, I pulled the trigger on a charcoal sharkskin suit. It will soon be banishing the black Men's Wearhouse abomination I bought as a stupid college kid.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

I bought four pairs of Darn Tough socks from REI as they are currently 25% off:

Hiker Boot Sock Full Cushion (1405)
                    Hiker Boot Sock Cushion (1403)
                    Haselton Hiker Micro Crew Light Cushion (1939)*
                    Solid Crew Light (1617)

I'm going to wash them in accordance with their care instructions and see which level of cushioning work best in my boots. No pictures, I'm still searching for a new image hosting site.

-Vic

*I think Captain America would wear these.
                    Last edited by Vic; November 15, 2017, 01:42 AM.
                    "It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life." - Jean-Luc Picard

Comment

I bought the Merlot and Emerald Fields chinos last week from Bonobos. The Merlot's I wore in engagement pics, and are so easy to pair. I'm having such trouble working the Emerald fields, the green is just a little too dark to wear with a navy sweater without being too match. I tried it with a https://5thandlamar.com/collections/...ucts/riverside but it still felt... off.

Comment

Originally posted by Vic View Post
                        I bought four pairs of Darn Tough socks from REI as they are currently 25% off:

Hiker Boot Sock Full Cushion (1405)
                        Hiker Boot Sock Cushion (1403)
                        Haselton Hiker Micro Crew Light Cushion (1939)*
                        Solid Crew Light (1617)

I'm going to wash them in accordance with their care instructions and see which level of cushioning work best in my boots. No pictures, I'm still searching for a new image hosting site.

-Vic

*I think Captain America would wear these.
                        how warm are they?

and try imgur for pics

Comment

Bought myself the Invicta 8926OB that's on sale at Amazon right now and dial+hands to have a go at modding one on my own. [MENTION=12021]idvsego[/MENTION] 's got me hooked.

Comment

Originally posted by Nandyn View Post
                            Bought myself the Invicta 8926OB that's on sale at Amazon right now and dial+hands to have a go at modding one on my own. [MENTION=12021]idvsego[/MENTION] 's got me hooked.
                            It's fun man. You going to do the case engraving too?

Comment

Originally posted by idvsego View Post
                              It's fun man. You going to do the case engraving too?
                              I think so. I've got a cheap Dremel, but might borrow my friend's, he's got a lot more attachments and stuff. Figure I'll start with my file/rasp and see what I can accomplish with that first. What grit did you use for the final finish?

Comment

Originally posted by Nandyn View Post
                                I think so. I've got a cheap Dremel, but might borrow my friend's, he's got a lot more attachments and stuff. Figure I'll start with my file/rasp and see what I can accomplish with that first. What grit did you use for the final finish?
                                I use a sandpaper wheel on the Dremel then 200, 800, and 1000 if I want to polish. I usually stop at 800. Be careful with the Dremel. Real easy to get the case shape all wonky.

Comment

Working...
                                X