Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those Trumans are outstanding. Love the cap in that color.

Comment

Those are beautiful boots [MENTION=7367]Snake Doctor[/MENTION]!!

Here is an in person shot of my ebay steal boots:

As far as I can tell, they are AE Caen boots, though the model name isn't on the insole as it usually is. The ebay listing described them as "Olive". AE calls the color "dark taupe". They are mostly gray, with a touch of brown and green. I snagged them for $75 due to a cut in the upper on the inside of the left boot, above the ankle. I had the local shoe repair place put a patch on the inside for a few bucks. Overall, I'm very happy. 1st quality, and the cut is almost invisible.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks, gents. Pretty stoked for the weather to cool down.
        [MENTION=10629]Mr. Charles[/MENTION], are those Dainite-soled? Awesome looking boots.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Doctor View Post
          Thanks, gents. Pretty stoked for the weather to cool down.
          [MENTION=10629]Mr. Charles[/MENTION], are those Dainite-soled? Awesome looking boots.
          No, not Dainite soled. They do have slim commando half-soles through - similar to Red Wing Beckman.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

My latest purchases. An orange and blue plaid shirt from Hammer Made and my new wardrobe staple glasses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Go two seconds coming from the A&E sale, a strandmok in dark brown and a rogue in dark chili. I've tried expected sizing twice in the 211 last with no luck, so fingers crossed I got it right this time (local A&E store didn't have a lot of options in that last to try on last time).

There's some ridiculous deals in the seconds right now fwiw
              Don’t call what your wearing an outfit. Don’t ever say your car is broke.
              Don’t sing with a fake British accent. Don’t act like your family’s a joke.
              --Jason Isbell

Comment

Brown shell strands from the seconds sale. The shell deals are quite good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Comment

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boots - Evans in black (w rubber lugs)
                  Bought them this summer from Nordstrom about 50% off, broke them in with summer heat, and worn countless times since.
                  Wolverine leather conditioning oil also helps keep them supple.

Comment

Originally posted by BillN View Post
                    Go two seconds coming from the A&E sale, a strandmok in dark brown and a rogue in dark chili. I've tried expected sizing twice in the 211 last with no luck, so fingers crossed I got it right this time (local A&E store didn't have a lot of options in that last to try on last time).

There's some ridiculous deals in the seconds right now fwiw
                    Looks like I'm only getting the Rogues. Apparently the Strandmok was oversold. I'm a little miffed on this one. I purchased with two day shipping on the 12th, and the order still hadn't shipped as of this afternoon. I finally called to find out what was up and they let me know that they only had the one shoe, but had no answer as to why I hadn't been notified of the oversold issue...or why the order hadn't shipped yet, despite the two day shipping...
                    Don’t call what your wearing an outfit. Don’t ever say your car is broke.
                    Don’t sing with a fake British accent. Don’t act like your family’s a joke.
                    --Jason Isbell

Comment

Recent Purchases

Made a really large purchase this month. Just closed on a condo! Time to reel in the spending budget for a little while [emoji3]

[MENTION=13969]BillN[/MENTION] That sucks that you won't be getting one of the shoes you hoped for. In regards to the shipping/lack of notification about the status of your order this is the one area of AE's CS that I find to be pretty lacking. I get free 2 day shipping with shoprunner through my AMEX and of the multiple orders I have made with them I have never gotten my order in 2 days. They usually take atleast 2-3 days to even get the order out of their warehouse and shipped.

FWIW I picked up a pair of the rogues in Dark Chili a few months ago and they have become one of my favorite pairs of shoes I own. Here's hoping there's no glaring flaws/defects with your seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by Rawfull View Post
                        Made a really large purchase this month. Just closed on a condo! Time to reel in the spending budget for a little while [emoji3]

[MENTION=13969]BillN[/MENTION] That sucks that you won't be getting one of the shoes you hoped for. In regards to the shipping/lack of notification about the status of your order this is the one area of AE's CS that I find to be pretty lacking. I get free 2 day shipping with shoprunner through my AMEX and of the multiple orders I have made with them I have never gotten my order in 2 days. They usually take atleast 2-3 days to even get the order out of their warehouse and shipped.

FWIW I picked up a pair of the rogues in Dark Chili a few months ago and they have become one of my favorite pairs of shoes I own. Here's hoping there's no glaring flaws/defects with your seconds.
                        Congrats on the condo! My only suggestion is to live in the place for a bit before buying a ton of furniture. I mean unless you are flipping over milk crates for a seat. My wife and I had those cheap plastic Adirondack chairs in one of our rooms for a bit before we decided what would look good in the space.

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
                          Congrats on the condo! My only suggestion is to live in the place for a bit before buying a ton of furniture. I mean unless you are flipping over milk crates for a seat. My wife and I had those cheap plastic Adirondack chairs in one of our rooms for a bit before we decided what would look good in the space.
                          Thanks! Luckily I already own most of the furniture needed. Definitely going to wait before purchasing any additional furniture. I desperately need a new desk but that’s just not in the budget for now. Guess I know what my year end bonus is earmarked for!

Comment

After behaving myself in the watch-buying department for quite a while now I caved and ordered the new Steinhart Ocean One 39mm.

I don't generally go for homages but Rolex is never going to make the Rolex sport watch I really want (matte ceramic rotating bezel, matte dial with maxi hands and markers, ≤40mm non-maxi case, domed crystal with AR interior coating) and this one ticks all the boxes except for the domed crystal and matte bezel so....

Ben

Comment

Look great. If you don't mine me asking, did you purchase from the Steinhart site?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                                After behaving myself in the watch-buying department for quite a while now I caved and ordered the new Steinhart Ocean One 39mm.

I don't generally go for homages but Rolex is never going to make the Rolex sport watch I really want (matte ceramic rotating bezel, matte dial with maxi hands and markers, ≤40mm non-maxi case, domed crystal with AR interior coating) and this one ticks all the boxes except for the domed crystal and matte bezel so....

very impressive look
                                Eat what is good for your health but
                                Wear what is good for your and others eyes

Comment

Working...
                                X