This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nandyn View Post
    A great shade of olive, not too green at all. More of a grey-olive drab.
    Those look great and it's a fantastic price!

You're right that, at least in the photos, they don't look very green at all - if anything, I would personally prefer a suede that was greener than that, as I would put yours as a more or less straight-up grey. I recently picked up the Dundee in both snuff (mid-dark brown) and loden suede, and one reason I'm keeping the snuff and returning the loden is that the latter isn't as green as I'd like it to be. And it's a bit more green than yours seem to be in those photos. By contrast, the Loake green/olive suede Pimlico looks much greener, so I'd rather get that at some point instead. It's more of a green/brown than a green/grey. Here it is: http://www.loake.co.uk/pimlico-olive-suede.html. Not the first suede boot someone should get, but for someone who has a pair of brown suede boots and perhaps a second pair of either brown or grey suede (possibly blue/navy), I think the green Pimlico is beautiful. I've seen it in person and it's exquisite.

Comment

Originally posted by srlclark View Post
      I think the green Pimlico is beautiful. I've seen it in person and it's exquisite.
      Just wore these out for the first time. Overcast day and they definitely look much more olive now than in my pictures, but still not as green as those Pimlicos. I'd say halfway between my original pictures and the Pimlicos.

Comment

just got these in the mail from aesthetichomage

Custom handmade boro converse with sashiko stitching. I freaking love these, everyone keeps asking where I got them from.

striped noragi, cool piece to layer with

Comment

Orient Esteem from Long Island Watches on a 20mm perlon strap I already had(22mm lug spring but the perlon seems to fill the gap pretty well... Got proper 22mm ones on the way from cheapestnatostraps.com )

Comment

Good Choice Sir
            Eat what is good for your health but
            Wear what is good for your and others eyes

Comment

Picked up the Allen Edmonds Daltons and Shake Heights sold by [MENTION=16968]Up1911fan[/MENTION] here on Dappered Threads.

Gave the Daltons a shine: https://www.instagram.com/p/BZS8i7pDiFt/

Comment

Picked up a unique pair of AE boots... It wasn't really intentional... I low balled the offer and it was accepted. Looking forward to checking them out when they get here. Essentially they are AE Normandy boots, but in green suede.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Charles View Post
                  Picked up a unique pair of AE boots... It wasn't really intentional... I low balled the offer and it was accepted. Looking forward to checking them out when they get here. Essentially they are AE Normandy boots, but in green suede.

Nice looking pair of boots, perfect for fall.
                  Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Comment

Needed to add another pair of shoes to my work rotation, and picked up these Bass longwings at DSW for $80:

I know folks here generally recommend paying the extra dollar for AE, but wondering what you all think of these.

Comment

Originally posted by Tacitus View Post
                      Needed to add another pair of shoes to my work rotation, and picked up these Bass longwings...but wondering what you all think of these.
                      I think those are short wings. Snark aside, if you like them and don't expect them to last a lifetime, they're a fine pick up for $80.

Comment

Needed to add another pair of shoes to my work rotation, and picked up these Bass longwings at DSW for $80:

I know folks here generally recommend paying the extra dollar for AE, but wondering what you all think of these.
                        Looks good to me, enjoy them!
                        Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Comment

As long as you put shoe trees in them they will last quite a while. They are a nice color though the lighter bottoms may limit you a little with them.

Comment

Unhealthy boot obsession continues with the arrival of a pair of Truman horse rump rough-outs ordered in July and a pair of cherry grain Barker country brogue boots which replaced the ever faithful JCP Deacons I recently sold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You really upped your boot game [MENTION=7367]Snake Doctor[/MENTION] Nice kicks.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Doctor View Post
                                Unhealthy boot obsession continues with the arrival of a pair of Truman horse rump rough-outs ordered in July and a pair of cherry grain Barker country brogue boots which replaced the ever faithful JCP Deacons I recently sold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                nice choice, especially brogue boots are awesome
                                Eat what is good for your health but
                                Wear what is good for your and others eyes

Comment

Working...
                                X