This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nandyn View Post
    Toms Classic Brogue Cotton Twill Derby and Timberland Wodehouse Lost History chukka my wife got me from Nordstrom's anniversary sale.

Haven't worn these yet, but also very comfortable. "Burnished dark brown," a nice color, brown with a good hint of red in it (my pic makes it look a lot redder than it is). The leather feels nice, but isn't super thick so won't need breaking in.
    I love my Wodehouse Chukka. I also picked up a pair of Lost History single monks awhile ago and they just keep getting better with age.

Comment

Originally posted by fencedwall View Post
      I love my Wodehouse Chukka. I also picked up a pair of Lost History single monks awhile ago and they just keep getting better with age.
      Awesome! That's good to hear! Once the crazy nice summer we're having in Seattle is over, mine will see a lot more use. Did wear them once last week with the polo, pants, chukka look when the temp dipped below 80.

Comment

Originally posted by doomx View Post
        Chippewa/Jcrew roughout boots. http://imgur.com/a/IRr6F
        Great boots!

Comment

Those are nice. I was torn between the rough cuts and the captoes. I went with the captoes, but I wish I had got both now...

Comment

I would have preferred the plain toe calf ones but I really like the rough out ones I ended up with. I plan to wear them with nasty weather (but not nasty enough for my insulated bean boots) in the Northeast. They should hold well, require minimal care and age nicely. They are also very comfortable albeit slightly big. I typically wear 9-9.5D/E in dress shoes and 9.5 for sneakers and got these in 9.5. They are roomy with slight heel slip but I am ok with that.

I really like that they are a bit out of the ordinary without being too loud. Debating between these and the Sutter Mills from AE (2nd) but the Chippewa were about $50 cheaper and were also wife's preference.

Comment

Just bought these guys from the Nordys sale. This is a stock photo BTW.

Comment

http://i.imgur.com/fTiRlHN.jpg

I have no willpower...

So If I were to design a custom shoe from Carmina right now, I would pick a mid brown suede, double monks on the rain last with a tomir sole. So when I saw these pop up in the RTW section, I had no choice but to sweep em up. Love my chocolate brown double monks, but sometimes I crave something in more of a mid brown...so these polo suedes cover that.

Comment

Originally posted by Scofield View Post

I have no willpower...

So If I were to design a custom shoe from Carmina right now, I would pick a mid brown suede, double monks on the rain last with a tomir sole. So when I saw these pop up in the RTW section, I had no choice but to sweep em up. Love my chocolate brown double monks, but sometimes I crave something in more of a mid brown...so these polo suedes cover that.
                  Beautiful!
                  Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Comment

Originally posted by Scofield View Post

I have no willpower...

Nice purchase! I would have a tough time deciding between their polo vs. snuff

Stolen pic but this is polo, snuff, loden:

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
                      Nice purchase! I would have a tough time deciding between their polo vs. snuff

Stolen pic but this is polo, snuff, loden:

I absolutely had trouble deciding. IMO snuff comes off as a little bit flat (still beautiful though). I love the golden tones on the tobacco suede and I love the reddish tones on the polo suede so it was an easyish decision for me. May need a loden pair at some point, I love how the color varies between green and gray depending on lighting. But since all my pants are grey, its a little easier for me to pass on that for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Doctor View Post

Picked up these Lanona Academic boots in natural Horween chromexcel on clearance off Huckberry. Have only worn them around the house since it's not exactly boot weather in D.C. but they seem pretty excellent, especially for $180. Not sure what the brand is up to now since they never replied to an email I sent them about sizing and their Instagram has been inactive for several months, but after getting my hands on these I hope they stick around.

I also scored a pair of polarized Persol 714's, the type always floating around in the background of the main site's photo for the Weekend Dossier, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Man.... those things are beautiful.

Nice fall boot!!

Comment

Originally posted by mooseontheloose View Post
                          S&M order arrived.

First time with them and quite pleased with the fit OTR. Pictured are 15.5 slim shirt and 40R in slim fit suit (medium blue texture). Also picked up a white shirt and medium grey suit in same sizes. Feel like the fit on the suit is perfect in the shoulders. No pulling across chest, collar gap or dimples in back. Could maybe bring it in slightly on sides. Length seems good. Need to shorten sleeves obviously. Anything else?

Pants need to be brought in at the waist maybe 1" and obviously hemmed. Debating if I should taper them slightly.

Dress shirt also fits well OTR. Love that the wrist fit is fairly tight. Definitely some extra fabric in the arms so shortening the sleeves is probably required. Otherwise I don't think anything else is needed.

Overall quite pleased with the quality and fit. Hard to go wrong w/ 2 quality shirts + suits for ~$930 CAD.
                          [MENTION=9026]mooseontheloose[/MENTION] How accurate is the color of the medium blue texture suit in your pictures? I'm looking into this suit but I feel like the color on the S&M website isn't always the best representation.

Comment

Guys, there's a newly-opened BB clearance store in the mall near me and they have chukkas in sand color for only $150CAD. Is it a good buy? Made in Italy.

Here's what it looks like
                            5' 6" | 143 lbs | 29x30 pants | 36S jacket | 14.5 shirt | 8 shoe size

Comment

[MENTION=13476]AsianDapper[/MENTION] those are a good looking shoe. Tempted to pull the trigger on them myself and see what the quality is like once I get them home. Hopefully someone around here has some insights.

Comment

AE Saukville Suede boots

FedEx just delivered these seconds olive suede Saukville boots in 8E. Picked them up during the extra 20% off clearance sale at Allen Edmonds/Shoebank last Friday
                                for only $77.60 + tax.
                                These are my first Allen Edmonds shoes/boots and I'm very happy with the purchase, especially the price. They fit great and the defects aren't very noticeable. There were some small scrapes in the suede of the left heal and near the top of the shaft, but I was able to brush most of it out. The other issue I think is that the suede used for the left shaft was cut a little too big compared to the lining/rest of the boot so there's a permanent "bubble/roll/crease," but I don't think it'll be a problem since most boots develop a crease there anyways and will be covered by pants.

A great shade of olive, not too green at all. More of a grey-olive drab. I'm at home in shorts, so please excuse the boots+bare legs.

There were some shallow scrapes on the heel, but a little brushing hid most of it.

The brogued shaft piece is cut/sewn a little large so it creates that bubble/crease that lifts away/creases independently of the rest of the shaft.

Looking forward to the cooler days now.
                                Last edited by Nandyn; August 25, 2017, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X