Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I finally have my dream/holy grail watch...
    Rolex Submariner Blue Dial YG/SS 116613LB with sunburst blue dial 2017...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by LordDoubleyou View Post
      Nice pickup! My wife has a vintage 2-tone Sub that was her grandfathers but the ceramic blue pops a lot more. Also, I have the same MB pen.

Comment

Originally posted by LordDoubleyou View Post

Congrats, awesome pickup!
        Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
          Nice pickup! My wife has a vintage 2-tone Sub that was her grandfathers but the ceramic blue pops a lot more. Also, I have the same MB pen.
          Cheers mate [emoji106]
          Can you please PM me a pic of your wife's vintage Sub? I'm looking at getting a Sub for my Mrs.

Also, the MB Meisterst├╝ck for me is hidden gem, because most people have seen the numerous other throw away pens that look the same, so they don't take any note of it, but for the very few pen lovers (like us), it's a whole different experience [emoji7]

Comment

Wifey bought me a pair of the Timberland Lost History Chukkas and the Tom's grey cotton "classic brogue" Derby (grey with lighter polka dots...I actually like these a lot) for my birthday. She really liked both on me during Nordstrom's early access and who am I to argue (especially when they actually do look pretty good on).

Bonus: on a whim, stopped by J.Crew and an associate tracked down one of the last two 8.5D Chippewa originals (both returns) for me and I got free shipping... So only 110 USD for some American made boots to WA. Woooop! The other pair is in 1618 14th St, DC if it's still available
            Last edited by Nandyn; July 23, 2017, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Just received the new Gustin waxed duffel in brown much more quickly than I expected. I've not purchased a bag from them before so I was pretty curious to see how they are. I compared it to my Vermilyea Pelle daily driver briefcase (in background) and while the VP's materials and construction appear obviously superior to my non-expert eye, VP's price premium over Gustin certainly reflects that (~$375 for a comparably sized VP duffel vs. $129 for this Gustin). The Gustin bag doesn't appear poorly made by any stretch of the imagination and appears to be exactly what I was looking for. Very happy with the purchase so far (without actually having used it on a trip yet).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Toms Classic Brogue Cotton Twill Derby and Timberland Wodehouse Lost History chukka my wife got me from Nordstrom's anniversary sale.

My first pair of Toms and they're really comfortable and super lightweight. I work in a university bio-research lab so this is relatively dressy.

Haven't worn these yet, but also very comfortable. "Burnished dark brown," a nice color, brown with a good hint of red in it (my pic makes it look a lot redder than it is). The leather feels nice, but isn't super thick so won't need breaking in.
                Last edited by Nandyn; July 27, 2017, 04:29 PM.

Comment

My local Nordstrom had a few LBM 1911 sport coats in my size, so I picked them up for about $250. I didn't need them, but I figured it was too good to pass up. What do y'all think?

https://imgur.com/a/UvlQ0

Comment

Originally posted by MIS997 View Post
                    My local Nordstrom had a few LBM 1911 sport coats in my size, so I picked them up for about $250. I didn't need them, but I figured it was too good to pass up. What do y'all think?

Big fan! I have 2 that I love. If only it would cool down enough to wear them....

Comment

Originally posted by MIS997 View Post

Yoox.com also has LBM 1911 blazers for slightly cheaper than what you paid, especially during a clearance sale or with a coupon code. Some of the patterns and colors may be a bit loud though.

Comment

Originally posted by patelsd View Post
                        Yoox.com also has LBM 1911 blazers for slightly cheaper than what you paid, especially during a clearance sale or with a coupon code. Some of the patterns and colors may be a bit loud though.
                        Thanks for the heads up! I've browsed there before, and it sometimes seems scattered, but there are definitely deals to be had.

Comment

My Chippewa Homesteads for J. Crew came in today! Got one of the last two 8.5D's that were returned to stores delivered to Seattle from NYC, and they gave me free shipping, too! Lucky for me, they look and fit great since it's final sale.

Comment

Wolverine 1000 mile plain toe boot, baseball hat, Charles Tyrwitt shirt, and I just ordered the J Crew shawl cardigan featured on the main page. #winning

Comment

Picked up these Lanona Academic boots in natural Horween chromexcel on clearance off Huckberry. Have only worn them around the house since it's not exactly boot weather in D.C. but they seem pretty excellent, especially for $180. Not sure what the brand is up to now since they never replied to an email I sent them about sizing and their Instagram has been inactive for several months, but after getting my hands on these I hope they stick around.

I also scored a pair of polarized Persol 714's, the type always floating around in the background of the main site's photo for the Weekend Dossier, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Chippewa/Jcrew roughout boots. http://imgur.com/a/IRr6F

Comment

Working...
                                X