Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Purchased 2nd's of the Allen Edmonds Jefferson (brown) and Rutledge (walnut) yesterday via a phone order to one of their outlet stores. They were able to hook me up with the Independence Collection Sale price that supposedly ended on Sunday. $259 for $445 shoes, so I'm pretty excited. Will post pics once they arrive.

Also picked up Lubbock 2nds (Rough Collection single monk's) for $179. I'm thinking I may need to hide these from the gf when they come in. I also think I may need to destroy my debit card.

Comment

lmao, fiestaplatypus....I'm right there with you. I was tempted to call ahead to my sister to ask her to hide any shoes delivered today.

Comment

Received my Clarks beeswax desert boots today. They will probably get a lot of wear.

And since I live alone, I don't have to hide them to anyone!

Comment

Why would you have to hide them to begin with? Also, I'm a big fan of my beeswax Clarks! Definitely my go-to for a casual, summer-appropriate boot. Good color, too. A lot of Clarks I've gotten have been radically different in person than they were in their photos online, but not these!

Comment

@pitseleh It was in reference to nicholas and fiestaplatypus having to hide their purchases from their girlfriend/wife. I won't be hiding them; heck, my closet is now full of shoes, I have nowhere to cram another pair of shoes in there.

Comment

No one gets to see your closet Jessy? I can imagine that would start quite a few interesting conversation with the people I know hah, they are already saying "You've bought 5 pairs of shoes?!?!"

Comment

It would be nice to have dual incomes without the dual spending negotiations!

Comment

Not clothing, but I got some hair pomade to enhance my freshly cut hair.

Comment

Finally got my tax return last week so I decided to get myself a gift and ordered my first pair of Allen Edmonds shoes. Ordered the Strawfuts which will be great for me because I live in very hot weather year-round and I intend to use them a lot for dancing. Sadly even though the site said they were in stock the confirmation email says 2-3 weeks. Hope I don't have to wait that long.

Comment

These Florsheim No String Wings came. I'm a fan! At some point I saw someone mention that the no-string design made them kind of hard to get on, and it does, but it's not that bad. The website also said they came with laces included in the box, and they didn't, but that's not a big deal either. There's a slight burnishing on the toe that I didn't notice in the photos, but I actually like it. I'm a little worried the red sole will make them look a little out of place during the colder months, though.

Comment

Keep oe not? What would I pair these with?

Comment

@pitseleh Weird, mine had laces. Not sure I would wear the shoes without them.

Comment

As someone else stated TJ Maxx and Marshalls has Brooks Brother ties (modern ones) for $14.99 each. I picked up a nice solid blue and a solid grey. Target also has some argyle dress socks on clearance for $2.08.

Also bought a Cheeseburger / French fry shirt at Walmart for $10 to use at the gym and to freak my girlfriend out with tomorrow!!! Hahaha!

Not me but the shirt for reference:

http://i.imgur.com/RWpzi.jpg

I call it the NEW American camouflage.

Comment

@TravisB: Love the burger shirt! So healthy!

Comment

Acoustic, I think those look nice. Shorts and a polo would do fine, no? Grey shorts, white polo? Red chambray shorts from Target? I wear a pair of boat shoes with khakis or other chinos and a sport shirt when it's hot.

Comment

Working...
                                X