Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like the Summer Oxford has been pulled by S&M; there are apparently issues with the collar fusing. As a result, I won't be getting the one I ordered.

Silver lining; Rick just moved what I paid for it into a credit against the tan cotton suit, so that'll be here in a week or so.
    https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

Recent purchases: on the left loafers from Founders (half off with code sf17, shoe trees included with purchase...stock going quickly. Ordered 9.5D, since 10D were out of stock. They fit sockless, might need to wear a few time to open them up for socks), found via putthison, but there is also a merchant thread on styleforum. On the right, rancourt venetian loafers from brooks brothers recent sale (ordered 10D despte reviews saying to size down, fit perfectly). For an idea on sized, I am usually a 9.5E or 10D depending on last at Allen Edmonds (sometimes I have issues stubbing my toe in 10D though). Nike and other athletic size 10. Redwing 9D.
      Last edited by 77Pat; May 20, 2017, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Just got these Alden Longwings in Tobacco From J Crew. I have way too many longwings at this point, but I really do like them quite a bit.

You can never have enough shoes

Comment

^ Wow...just wow. I didn't realize shoes could make me drool. Haha.

[MENTION=14616]CJMichaelRay[/MENTION] The suit looks great man! What did you have done to it at the tailor?

Comment

Originally posted by MNJ83 View Post
            Just got these Alden Longwings in Tobacco From J Crew. I have way too many longwings at this point, but I really do like them quite a bit.

Awesome! Happy to see that you're quickly becoming a fan of Aldens
            Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Comment

Originally posted by iviustang50h View Post
              ^ Wow...just wow. I didn't realize shoes could make me drool. Haha.

[MENTION=14616]CJMichaelRay[/MENTION] The suit looks great man! What did you have done to it at the tailor?
              Just hemmed the trousers and added brace buttons.

Comment

Originally posted by Token View Post
                Awesome! Happy to see that you're quickly becoming a fan of Aldens

Thanks, I am. Unfortunately, these are defective, they developed a big "bubble" on the side after one wear. So I ordered another pair and I am taking those back.

Comment

Picked up a contrasting club collar shirt and a nice pair of cotton-linen chinos (trousers? dressy-casual pance. there we go) from Brooks Brothers a bit back. Had some gift card lovin and still do; also have a couple 20-dollar rewards cards from them so there's probably a polo or something in my near future.

S&M tan cotton suit to upgrade from the summer oxford I couldn't get (they realized there was a problem with the fusing and pulled them from availability) is en route, expected delivery tomorrow.

Other than that, got some oil and a filter along with a fuel filter for the wife's car; going to change that next week before we head to EDC.

Comment

Some Indy Boots in Kudu with brass hardware

Comment

M Gemi Barca - Ended up tighter than expected.
                      J Crew Summerweight Chino's from their 30% sale MDW - Bold color but I'll make it work.

Comment

Originally posted by SquidOrSquad View Post
                        M Gemi Barca - Ended up tighter than expected.
                        J Crew Summerweight Chino's from their 30% sale MDW - Bold color but I'll make it work.

Those are some nice pants! In the summer I like to wear bolder colors and was eyeing those as well. Real bummer they aren't available in 770 fit, would have picked up a pair if they were.

Comment

Got a link to those pants? I don't see anything in that color, they sold out or am I missing it?

Comment

Originally posted by SaWuttae View Post
                            Got a link to those pants? I don't see anything in that color, they sold out or am I missing it?
                            https://www.jcrew.com/p/G1186

Comment

Found a pair of Rancourt & Co. grey suede blutchers at Nordstrom Rack for $150 including taxes. Never could afford a pair of Rancourts at retail so I picked them up while I had the chance. Also spotted was a pair of AE strandmoks for $75 but the vibram sole didn't jive with me so I passed.

Comment

I love my strandmok 2.0. I wasn't entirely sure on the sole at first but for a spring/summer casual shoe that may get caught in a pop-up shower when exploring DC, it's perfect (i keep all my suede stuff waterproofed with AE's spray).

The Acheson loafers from shoebank didn't pan in my brannock, so i got them back and exchanged for a half size down. Should be here in a few days.

Comment

Working...
                                X