Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I caved into the hype and got a pair of killshots. They were out of my size (11D in AEs) so I chose 10.5 instead of 11.5. I'm now wondering whether or not I should've sized up instead of sizing down.

Comment

[MENTION=12636]MaitreTea[/MENTION] if it helps at all, I'm a size 11 in all my shoes (not included Chucks) and went with size 11 for my Killshots. The shoes fit just fine. Based on that, I likely would have sized up. How do they feel/fit on your feet?

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
        [MENTION=12636]MaitreTea[/MENTION] if it helps at all, I'm a size 11 in all my shoes (not included Chucks) and went with size 11 for my Killshots. The shoes fit just fine. Based on that, I likely would have sized up. How do they feel/fit on your feet?
        Haven't arrived yet, but I'll be sure to be report back.

Comment

[MENTION=13399]DocDave[/MENTION] How would you rate them comfort wise? I've read reports that they are way overpriced and not very comfortable, but I'd be curious to get your take.

Comment

Originally posted by iviustang50h View Post
            [MENTION=13399]DocDave[/MENTION] How would you rate them comfort wise? I've read reports that they are way overpriced and not very comfortable, but I'd be curious to get your take.
            If it helps, I had a pair of killshots and returned them after wearing them around the house once. They didn't feel worth $100 and were far less comfortable than my Stan Smiths. If the Killshots were ~$50-60 I might have kept them but certainly not for around $100.

Comment

[MENTION=16099]iviustang50h[/MENTION] I agree with [MENTION=15829]azimmerm[/MENTION]. The shoes are not as comfortable as Stan Smiths and for the price I would have expected more. Having said that, I kept my pair and will continue to wear them. if you're looking for a comfortable/cushy shoe at a reasonable price, these aren't them. If you are looking for a show to walk around in for an afternoon or so, then swap them out with another pair that night or the next day, then the Killshots will fit the bill. I personally wouldn't wear them on back to back days, but that's just me. I tend to do that with all my shoes.

Comment

Adidas Man

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                [MENTION=16099]iviustang50h[/MENTION] I agree with [MENTION=15829]azimmerm[/MENTION]. The shoes are not as comfortable as Stan Smiths and for the price I would have expected more. Having said that, I kept my pair and will continue to wear them. if you're looking for a comfortable/cushy shoe at a reasonable price, these aren't them. If you are looking for a show to walk around in for an afternoon or so, then swap them out with another pair that night or the next day, then the Killshots will fit the bill. I personally wouldn't wear them on back to back days, but that's just me. I tend to do that with all my shoes.
                Tennis/trainers are really hot right now and IMO Adidas has been killing it for the last couple years especially. I was in SOHO last weekend and saw JCREW's Men Shop had the Nike Kill Shots and I tried them on for fun to compare to my Adidas Stan Smith PKs (which JCREW also offers) and while I love the gum soles they aren't nearly as comfortable and IMO a tad basic. Also at $90 these aren't screaming deal since Stan Smith PKs can be found for $55 or even lower since they have been out for a while. I also went to the Adidas flagship in the city and tried on the Stan Smith Boost PK and they are awesome. I am not a huge fan of the exposed boost since all my Boosts have stained, yellowed, or had chunks ripped off.

Recently I picked up the "Noble Metals" PK Superstar Boost. Where I am everyone has a pair of the Stan Smiths but the 2nd most popular Adidas is probably the Superstar OG version. I wanted to get these because of the comfort of Boost, PK, and due to the fact that I have never seen anyone wear these. I have heard people call the slab of Boost on the outside a "muffin top" and yeah I will agree it's a little weird since it offers no performance enhancement. However shoe does feature a whole slab of Boost, it is however substantially thinner than an Ultra Boost and less comfortable than the Stan Smith Boost since the Boost is covered with the same hard rubber found on the OG Superstar, which thus doesn't let the Boost return maximum energy. The inside of most Boost shoes have minimal to no insoles allowing you to feel maximum Boost but for some reason in this shoe Adidas stitched in this faux leather insole, making the Boost hard to feel. The last thing I thought was odd is how narrow this shoe felt even in PK since Adidas put the boost slab and a pretty high rubber (hard) sole on the other, so your foot can't protrude like it would on other PKs. Overall these shoes are still more comfortable than OG Superstars and the unique styling is defiantly eye catching, just don't expect Ultra Boost or even Stan Smith Boost comfort. These originally retailed at $150 but now Adidas has them at $105 and you can signup for news letter giving you an additional 15% off, which brings them to $89 shipped.

Also with any tennis/trainer I have been spraying them with Crep Protect. Overtime the Crep will wear off but spraying your shoes with them beforehand makes cleaning them super easy, well worth the $15 if you hate dirty shoes.

Comment

[MENTION=13399]DocDave[/MENTION] [MENTION=14310]Joseph Park[/MENTION] Thank you both - that's most helpful. While I'm not in the market for a white sneaker at this time, I now don't feel like I missed out concerning the Killshots. Once my current white sneaker dies, I foresee a Stan Smith variant joining my footwear collection. I love the Adidas boost technology in my Supernova Glide Boost 8's, so I'd love to try the SS Boosts.

Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by MaitreTea View Post
                    Haven't arrived yet, but I'll be sure to be report back.
                    So the 10.5 didn't fit; however, the store did have 11 in stock which did fit. So if you want a pair and you're a size 10.5 and in DC check out the J. Crew on F St NW.

I'm still on the fence with them, so I'm going to compare them to a pair of Puma LIGA (https://www.dsw.com/en/us/product/pu...ctiveColor=100) which I had gotten as a Killshot alternative.

Comment

I flirted with Armida watches for a while bit always came back to "do I need another black or blue dive watch?"...but now that I have been working from home a little bit I have started to add some more casual pieces to my watch collection. This blue is not a blue that I have. Well, it wasnt. Not it is. Should be in my mailbox today along with another skx to tinker on.

image stolen from the web

Comment

Bought these for casual wear, partially because they were on sale for $40, but now having second thoughts - I'm not sure how versatile the color is (they're dark grey in case it isn't clear from the picture). Would appreciate any feedback. For context, casual for me generally means denim rather than chinos/khakis. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Tacitus View Post
                          Bought these for casual wear, partially because they were on sale for $40, but now having second thoughts - I'm not sure how versatile the color is (they're dark grey in case it isn't clear from the picture). Would appreciate any feedback. For context, casual for me generally means denim rather than chinos/khakis. Thanks!
                          I think dark gray could be hard to wear during the summer but fall/winter/spring it should work. The reason for this is people usually wear lighter colored pants during the summer which would have a very start contrast between the pants and the shoes. I personally wear denim all the time so they could work in the summer but lighter chinos may not look the best.

Comment

Originally posted by idvsego View Post
                            I flirted with Armida watches for a while bit always came back to "do I need another black or blue dive watch?"...but now that I have been working from home a little bit I have started to add some more casual pieces to my watch collection. This blue is not a blue that I have. Well, it wasnt. Not it is. Should be in my mailbox today along with another skx to tinker on.

image stolen from the web

idvsego: I like it! Can you tell me more about Armida? I'd never heard of them until just recently, but I've been seeing bunch of their watches out on the forums. Also, which model of dive watch is that in the picture?

Comment

Originally posted by TMann View Post
                              idvsego: I like it! Can you tell me more about Armida? I'd never heard of them until just recently, but I've been seeing bunch of their watches out on the forums. Also, which model of dive watch is that in the picture?
                              That is the A7. All the specs can be seen on the websites so I will skip those. As far as a hands on impression, this watch is stout. Thick case and a beefy bracelet. The clasp is a ratcheting diver clasp and has a little bulk but I like the function of incremental adjustments on the fly. Despite it being a little heavy and thick, I don't hate the size. The lug to lug isn't bad so it doesn't overhang on my small wrist. Overall I like it. The blue color is unique and has blue lume so the low light appearance is kind of cool

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tacitus View Post

I'm not an expert, but I've found that suede shoes can vary somewhat in color and still look great with whatever pants you want to wear them with. I have a pair of suede captoes from Clarks that I've owned for years that are an odd shade of beige; they're almost yellow in certain lights, but they seem to work fine with whatever pants I am wearing: jeans of various shades of blue or chinos in grey, tan and olive. There is something about suede that seems to be more forgiving than smooth leather. Perhaps it's the casual vibe of suede, combined with the matte (as opposed to shiny) appearance of the material. Who knows...

Also, if the picture on my computer is accurate, the darkness of your shoe works in your favor. A light grey shoe would be less versatile, IMO, but a dark shade of grey should go with almost anything. And for $40, I'd definitely keep them.

Comment

Working...
                                X