This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pmestrad View Post
    Just took the plunge on the JCF Dalton suede racer. I am somewhere between a S and M in most brands and bought the last one they had in S. Hoping it fits! Decided to gamble since it was $150 shipped given it was extra 50% off clearance. Fingers crossed!
    Nice, good luck! I ordered a medium a while back (38 suit size) and it was a bit big, sounds like small will work for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
      ^^^ Cannot tell if this is spam or just someone who is very confused as to the subject of the forum...

Got the suits in yesterday... I am keeping the trousers but the jackets are going back. Unfortunately I have been spoiled by the nice, soft, pliable shoulders on SS/S&M-level suits and the shoulders on these are just too big, too constructed, and too stiff.

The fabric seems reasonably nice, but I'm also not too keen on the full lining in the jackets.

A bit of a disappointment overall, as there is now nothing stopping me from continuing to eye S&M's new summer suiting...
      Thanks for the follow up man. I'll probably pass then.

I'm in the market to revamp my suiting wardrobe, just waiting for S&M to have a sale. Almost considered grabbing one of the new summer suits + standard wool, but the preorder doesn't qualify for bundling discount and can only afford to buy two right now. So will wait and get 2 wool whenever there's a sale. Won't need them until Sept/Oct anyway.

Comment

Just pulled the trigger on some AE Strandmok 2.0 in Tan suede from the Shoebank. I really wanted grey, but it's not available. Now I'm just hoping that the flaw isn't a deal breaker.

Comment

I'm waiting for two pairs of the Allen Edmonds x Massdrop chukkas (snuff and chocolate - ETA July) and a pair of natty shell Strands from the recent cordovan event. I've seen a fair number of the shell shoes from the event come through, but mine are apparently mid-May (which is sooner than they said originally, so I've got no reason to be unhappy).

I wore my most recent purchase today

(Grant Stone Dune longwings)

Comment

Originally posted by Token View Post

Natural shell strands from trunk show next to walnut calf strands.
            I'm sooo looking forward to my pair - the natty shell in this batch looks really good...

Comment

So my Shoebank Strandmok 2.0 arrived. Looks like they have a few issues that relegated them to the 2nds pile. Some pen ink marks, and most glaring... The right appears to have been assembled using a D width sole, despite the fact that these are supposed to be 12E. I think this also resulted in the cap medallion being slightly off center. It's close enough that it's not a deal breaker for me, and AE customer support assures me that can be fixed with a recrafting later on. So I'm going to keep them.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

Ordered the copper linen/silk suit from SM on Monday. I was considering a 100% linen Hudson that was up on EBay but the price was a little rich for pre-owned. With the favorable exchange rate I think the SM suit was probably 50 bucks more and I don't have to worry about all the wrinkles since the SM suit has some silk in it. Got a email today saying the package was shipped out today with 2-day service. Very excited. I'll post pics this weekend or Monday.

Comment

These are a pair of things I bought recently. The wax coat is from a company called Vedonier and the shirt is a Spier and Mackay in Heather Charcoal. https://goo.gl/photos/bcrH5y9NftxmM9Ga9

Comment

I just bought this Rag and bone chelsea boots from nordy rack, i don't see many reviews via google regarding the quality of the rag and bone chelsea boots.

https://www.nordstromrack.com/shop/p...or=TAN%20SUEDE

Comment

I just backed Gustin's Japan Featherweight jeans. I've wanted a pair of light weight jeans for summer, and these are more affordable than N&F's featherweight offering. First time buying Gustin jeans. I measured as instructed so here's hoping...

https://www.weargustin.com/store/5260

Comment

I got my Spier & McKay copper linen/silk suit last week and the trousers were too small. I bought a suit a few months ago and the pants that came with it were huge, so I asked for smaller ones, but I went about an inch too small. I was comparing to suitsupply trousers and I must have been looking at dimensions for a 40 instead of a 42. I am trying to set up a return, but SM is pretty bad with customer service, which is disheartening because I really like the product.

Fabric is really nice on the suit. It has that relaxed, linen look but doesn't get crazy wrinkly. out of the shipping box it could have been worn without steaming/pressing. I just gotta get the pants exchanged.

Comment

Allen Edmonds they're not, but for $63 they're exactly what I wanted. Now I just hope they hold up longer than 6 months!

Comment

Allen Edmonds Corwnllis shoes (seconds) in Bourbon from the recent sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by elpenguinoloco View Post

Allen Edmonds they're not, but for $63 they're exactly what I wanted. Now I just hope they hold up longer than 6 months!
                              What are they? and where from?

Comment

Originally posted by Nandyn View Post
                                What are they? and where from?
                                They're from Aldo--I think Praodia is the model name. They recently had a 50% off sale on their site. I had wanted a mid-brown open laced wingtip without too much brogue detailing, so these were perfect. The leather doesn't feel too artificial either. The original price was $130 or so, so perhaps the quality is a little better than some of their super cheap stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X