X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mooseontheloose View Post
    [IMG]https://uplo

Got my 5th Ave in Dark Chili from the 2nds sale. Some minor creasing so I assume they were returned or tried on in store but very minor. Overall they are in great condition and fit very well. Absolutely love the color.

Second is a Polo from BR that I'm not sure about. Fit is good but I just can't decide if I like this shirt itself. I'm debating between it or just a plain black in their luxury touch line. Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
    i stick to thier luxe line solid polos. I tried the same shirt on and was in the same boat as you and couldnt tell if i liked it or not.

to me thats a no. i get complements on the luxe polos all the time, be careful though. for some of the colors they changed the material where it looks more like thier cotton pique in person

Comment

Originally posted by jack90 View Post
      i stick to thier luxe line solid polos. I tried the same shirt on and was in the same boat as you and couldnt tell if i liked it or not.

to me thats a no. i get complements on the luxe polos all the time, be careful though. for some of the colors they changed the material where it looks more like thier cotton pique in person
      I also got the black normal luxe polo, but it's a bit small. So will be exchanging it for the next size up and probably returning the other one. The material on the patterned one isn't as nice and it just doesn't look nearly as good in person as I expected. The buttoned down collar doesn't look right I think.

Comment

Just bought my first SuitSupply suit over lunch. I've never owned a gray suit, even though it's supposed to be the first you buy. I don't wear them often for work, but do need them for weddings, funerals, interviews, important work days. I'm a bigger guy and really struggle to get a decent fit in a 48L. So interested to see where this leads - hoping it isn't a bust.

Comment

Taylor Stitch slate Oxford. I love everything about this shirt. Except that it's a heavier Oxford so won't be great in summer, but that's fine.

Chippewas also came in today. Extremely happy with them and just got back from their first walk (hence the specks on dirt on them above).

Comment

In my never ending quest to have the perfect smile, I went with the following:

Yeah, a Waterpik. Might be kind of geeky, but man that sucker blasts out the guck between your teeth. Noisy though, but definitely worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by mooseontheloose View Post

Taylor Stitch slate Oxford. I love everything about this shirt. Except that it's a heavier Oxford so won't be great in summer, but that's fine.

Chippewas also came in today. Extremely happy with them and just got back from their first walk (hence the specks on dirt on them above).

Oxford shirt is really looking good, except a third button hole with loose thread
              Eat what is good for your health but
              Wear what is good for your and others eyes

Comment

2017 shoe purchases so far

Back row L to R: Alden NST boot in natural CXL, AE Dalton in burgundy cordovan, Alden Plain Toe Boot in snuff suede
                Front row L to R: Alden chukka in snuff suede, Carmina quarter brogue in chocolate suede

I'll probably return either the Alden PTB or the Alden chukka since they're both snuff suede, and it won't stay boot weather for much longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Comment

Originally posted by fiftyforfifty View Post
                  Oxford shirt is really looking good, except a third button hole with loose thread
                  I've noticed a few loose threads actually. Almost seems by design.

Comment

[MENTION=14773]Token[/MENTION] - Very nice 2017! I keep going back and forth on owning cordovan though I really want to pick up some snuff suede shoes this year.

Comment

Picked up this JCrew peacoat in gray at a JCF store for $51 out the door, in a medium tall no less. I think this is my first outerwear purchase in at least 7 years....

Comment

First S&M shirts purchase and they fit great! An inch and a half too long though by the sleeves but nothing a tailor can't fix.

Also found cheap knits in Marshall's for $13 each so not too bad.
                        5' 6" | 143 lbs | 29x30 pants | 36S jacket | 14.5 shirt | 8 shoe size

Comment

Originally posted by AsianDapper View Post

First S&M shirts purchase and they fit great! An inch and a half too long though by the sleeves but nothing a tailor can't fix.

Also found cheap knits in Marshall's for $13 each so not too bad.
                          Great fresh looking shirts
                          Eat what is good for your health but
                          Wear what is good for your and others eyes

Comment

[MENTION=13476]AsianDapper[/MENTION]

FYI, you can ask S&M to do the tailoring in house before shipping you the order.
                            I'd suggest washing the shirt first then measure again to dial in for the next order.

IIRC, cost is $10 CAD on top of the shirt for sleeve shortening.

Comment

Originally posted by ImagePree View Post
                              [MENTION=13476]AsianDapper[/MENTION]

FYI, you can ask S&M to do the tailoring in house before shipping you the order.
                              I'd suggest washing the shirt first then measure again to dial in for the next order.

IIRC, cost is $10 CAD on top of the shirt for sleeve shortening.
                              Thanks! Actually I emailed then about the same and it costs $15CAD for us in the Great North.

Now, after washing them and hanging dry, I observed that the cotton/linen blend BD check shirt shrunk pretty well and they now measure 32" VS the original 33" sleeve length.

The red/blue fan check med spread collar however remains the same sleeve length at 33.5" with pretty much no noticeable shrinkage.
                              5' 6" | 143 lbs | 29x30 pants | 36S jacket | 14.5 shirt | 8 shoe size

Comment

Originally posted by AsianDapper View Post
                                Thanks! Actually I emailed then about the same and it costs $15CAD for us in the Great North.

Now, after washing them and hanging dry, I observed that the cotton/linen blend BD check shirt shrunk pretty well and they now measure 32" VS the original 33" sleeve length.

The red/blue fan check med spread collar however remains the same sleeve length at 33.5" with pretty much no noticeable shrinkage.
                                Ha. I have the same results.
                                With their OCBD's - sleeves shrunk down about 1".
                                The other dress shirts did not, which required the in house tailoring done that included adding 2 darts in addition to the sleeve shortening - both came out perfectly so I'd definitely do the same in the future.

Comment

Working...
                                X