Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From the jcrew outlet I picked up a red gingham shirt, a light tealish (almost faded) gingham shirt, a navy/tan striped woven belt, and a white pocket square for $44 total (deleware no tax).

My cocktail videos >

Comment

This in gray stripe: http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id= 418&Product_Id=1210034&Parent_Id=216&default_color =Grey-stripe#

For $100 It's being altered right now (lengthening sleeves, hemming pants, letting out waist of pants - the jacket body fits great IMO) for $37. I'd been eying it at my local resale store for weeks now and was frustrated with the short sleeves on it, but upon closer examination with the store owner we decided it was worth a shot and she told me if the tailor didn't think it was possible to lengthen the sleeves (they're 1.5 inches short... I have long arms for a 38R) then I would be able to return the suit. The tailor says it'll use all of the fabric but it'll work! Looks totally unused.

My only other suit is a gray alfani red, so... this is kind of an upgrade

Comment

Local Marshalls had pairs of Levi 514's in a nice dark rinse for $24.99. Grabbed a few pairs, my favorite low budget jeans for not spending $200+

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg411...pg&res=landing

Comment

Great buy, LosRockets!

And I've only gotten Levi jeans down to $30...so you win. =)

Comment

I've been on a bit of a roll:

I broke my no short sleeve button down rule here, we'll see how it works out. Got this in sailcloth.

These in indigo and the red stripe.

This in violet.

I also picked up these swim trunks.

And last but not least, prescription sunglasses via Warby Parker in Burgundy Fade.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Those Warby Parkers will be a good look for your style and haircut! I just got my prescription re-upped today by the most attractive opthalmology resident in world history. "Look at my face, please." Yes, yes, ma'am. Now to remember which WP pair was my favorite...

Comment

Nuts. I forgot to ask for my pupillary distance. I'm gonna have to get another appointment.

Comment

Magnanni's50 + $15 S&H, made in spain. Style 12641 black captoe

after a bit of cream and polish

By shad0w4life at 2012-07-09

Comment

Got a pair of black McTavishes on eBay for about $130 the other day. Really looking forward to them! I'm also planning on trading in the Players I picked up from Nordstrom's sale for the tan ones when their anniversary sale hits, if I can find them in 11D. Pretty excited for both, honestly; I've been lacking in really nice, casual wingtips and I feel like they'll cover a lot of bases.

I also got this pair of Sperry saddle oxfords: http://www.zappos.com/sperry-top-sid...rd-saddle-shoe. I really, really like them. More expensive than I wanted them to be, but they fit great, are extremely comfortable, and look fantastic. The leather has this rich amber hue to it. Sometimes I find myself just sort of gazing at them when I wear them. Might've also got some No String Wings in grey suede, too. Like I said, I was hurting for oxfords in a bad way! Also finally bit the bullet on a pair of Earthkeepers side-zips in burnished tan I'd been wanting for months. I've gone overboard with shoes lately, but I'm pretty much taking a buying hiatus now, so I don't feel too bad.

P.S. I like the profile on those black cap toes!

Comment

really like those shadow. do they fit pretty narrow in the toe box?

nice pitseleh I will be picking the mctavish up as well during the anniversary sale!

Comment

Don't feel narrow at all(I could probably drop 1/2 a size on these ones and be ok), but I tried with bare feet, but so far feel as roomy as my AE players and strawfut, J&M 11 Narrows I have are for sure a bit more snug in the toes, but more along the lines of a proper fit.

They are also softer than players, strawfuts and montgomery's not sure why AE shoes are so friggn hard but I'll slowly start wearing them more...but i've got about 6 pairs of shoes in the past 2 months so it's hard cycling them in

Comment

I'd point out that usually I find black dress shoes to be kind of bland (even the Park Avenue AE makes I don't like), but I'm really digging them! Maybe it's the profile, idk. I'd definitely wear them, though.

Comment

@NC haha that never hurts. Make sure to do the home try on with Warby Parker. Especially with your thinner face. Many of the glasses were surprisingly large and wide.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Took a risk on these, i thought the inter-changable buckle was a different idea and it looked almost light enough to go with AE Walnut

By shad0w4life at 2012-07-10

By shad0w4life at 2012-07-10

Comment

Greg - I stopped by to try them on in person (they have a location nearby). But I'm not sure where I put my notes about my favorites.

Comment

Working...
                                X