Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didnt buy these, but saw them on the macy's website. Can't imagine who would want such a thing. Some kind of teenager whose parents are making him buy dress shoes and they compromise by getting him some camo leather?

Comment

Originally posted by Benjamin Polyester III View Post

I didnt buy these, but saw them on the macy's website. Can't imagine who would want such a thing. Some kind of teenager whose parents are making him buy dress shoes and they compromise by getting him some camo leather?
      *vomits*
      Duncan

I know my username is dumb; blame 12 year old me.

Comment

[MENTION=2341]LesserBlackDog[/MENTION] The round frames are definitely a little something different. I've never been able to pull them off myself, but I think you do.
        Duncan

I know my username is dumb; blame 12 year old me.

Comment

Tried out this website/app Poshmark and got a uniqlo oxford for $10 shipped. I really like Poshmark so far mostly because people list stuff for crazy low prices and almost everyone that I've seen accepts lower offers. If you enjoy online thrift shopping I would recommend it.

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
            Just ordered three new pairs of glasses. Top two (gold and brown) to be everyday glasses, bottom (silver) to be sunglasses with a dark green lens.

I know they're nerdy as fuck but I really do like the gold ones (top)... they remind me of some super non-ironically dorky round glasses I had as a kid (pre-Harry Potter!), antique frames that belonged to my great grandfather and now live in a display case in my parents' house, as well as Shostakovich and Bonhoeffer.

I opted for the brown titanium as an alternate everyday pair just so I could fall back on something a little less eccentric as needed.
            I fully agree with you top gold one are too good and suit you
            Eat what is good for your health but
            Wear what is good for your and others eyes

Comment

Bourbon Daltons from the shoebank were delivered today. They have some loose grain leather on the side panels but it's not too bad.
              Am hoping the instep will loosen up a bit over time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

BR button down.

Comment

At first I thought "what's wrong with those?" Then I turned up my phone's brightness and zoomed in and it made me retch.

I got a pair of grey Banana Wyatt single monks last week. I got the burgundy ones back in summer and I liked them a lot so got the gray ones when they were on sale for less than $50 shipped (they went down to like $38 a couple days ago but I think I'm beyond price adjustment time).

The leather on the gray ones I got is noticeably thicker/nicer than the burgundy ones I've been wearing.

Comment

I thought about getting the grey ones due to price. Do you recommend them? I just was not sure how versatile they are.

Originally posted by Nandyn View Post
                    At first I thought "what's wrong with those?" Then I turned up my phone's brightness and zoomed in and it made me retch.

I got a pair of grey Banana Wyatt single monks last week. I got the burgundy ones back in summer and I liked them a lot so got the gray ones when they were on sale for less than $50 shipped (they went down to like $38 a couple days ago but I think I'm beyond price adjustment time).

The leather on the gray ones I got is noticeably thicker/nicer than the burgundy ones I've been wearing.

Comment

Picked up a 40S Havana Navy Plain blazer from SuitSupply a couple of weeks ago. Wanted something a little nicer than the Zara blazer I've been wearing.

http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/jacke...in/C4760I.html

The blazer is similar to the Bonobos The Unconstructed Italian Wool Blazer but the SS fabric is a lot softer. I'll probably have to lengthen the sleeves just a bit but really happy with the purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by pmestrad View Post
                        I thought about getting the grey ones due to price. Do you recommend them? I just was not sure how versatile they are.

I've worn them like 6 times in the week and a half I've had them and they're pretty awesome. The sizing is spot on for me. I don't need to dress up for work so I mostly wear selvedge/jeans and the gray ones look awesome with all shades/washes of denim. Also looked great with burgundy/wine chinos. Cuz of the color, I'd say they're in the dressy casual side.

I was actually able to get a price adjustment, so for $38.50 (free shipping over $50 might still work, it seems their system goes by pre-discount price, at least the last couple times I ordered) it's a steal.

Comment

Originally posted by Nandyn View Post
                          I've worn them like 6 times in the week and a half I've had them and they're pretty awesome. The sizing is spot on for me. I don't need to dress up for work so I mostly wear selvedge/jeans and the gray ones look awesome with all shades/washes of denim. Also looked great with burgundy/wine chinos. Cuz of the color, I'd say they're in the dressy casual side.

I was actually able to get a price adjustment, so for $38.50 (free shipping over $50 might still work, it seems their system goes by pre-discount price, at least the last couple times I ordered) it's a steal.
                          Just ordered a pair myself. Can't go wrong for that price.

Comment

I'd love to see some IRL pics of the grey BR wyatt monks once you guys get them in!

Comment

There is a guy that I cross paths with on my walk to work that I could see rocking these. He dresses super trendy and because of that a pair of camo monkstraps would not look out of place. They'd still look ridiculous, but in a "it's so crazy it just might work" kind of way. He's pretty much the only person I can imagine pulling that off though.

Comment

took advantage of the BR 50% off and snatched a pair of the chelseas in black leather for $60 ish.
                                Leather is a bit cardboard-y and Im not sure how the creases are going to turn out. But I guess for the price there's not too much I can complain about. Fits true to size and the shape looks good. Should work just fine as bad weather beaters.

Comment

Working...
                                X