Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recent Purchases

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by firemunkee View Post
    I was considering those boots with the sale. Doesn't LL Bean have good warranty/customer support such that you could get your bean boots taken care of/replaced or am I making stuff up?
    L.L. Bean customer service is great but I don't think they have a solution that would make me happy in this case. They couldn't replace my boots, as this particular style has not been available since the year I got them (2013 I think?). I'm sure they could repair the split seam easily enough, but I'm not sure how they would "repair" the issue that the wool shearling lining in the sole has basically just worn out from use. The lining is sewn into the shoe so it's not just a matter of chucking out the old lining and sticking in a new one, as you can do with various brands of pac boots that utilize removable felt liners.

    I don't really want to return them for a refund because they are still very useable, just not really in peak condition or providing optimum warmth anymore. I'll probably wait 'til spring and get a quote for the seam repair from my cobbler.
    Ben

    Comment


      [MENTION=2341]LesserBlackDog[/MENTION] If you listen to podcasts at all, Planet Money did an interesting show about the return policy at LLB. People were/are picking items up off ebay that are completely used and returning them for a brand new product. The company's no questions asked return policy it seems is taking a bit of a beating in this internet age. It was a very interesting show/episode. Anyway, all this is you say give them a call. You never know what they will tell you about the boots. Provided of course you want to talk with customer service.

      Comment


        Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
        L.L. Bean customer service is great but I don't think they have a solution that would make me happy in this case. They couldn't replace my boots, as this particular style has not been available since the year I got them (2013 I think?). I'm sure they could repair the split seam easily enough, but I'm not sure how they would "repair" the issue that the wool shearling lining in the sole has basically just worn out from use. The lining is sewn into the shoe so it's not just a matter of chucking out the old lining and sticking in a new one, as you can do with various brands of pac boots that utilize removable felt liners.

        I don't really want to return them for a refund because they are still very useable, just not really in peak condition or providing optimum warmth anymore. I'll probably wait 'til spring and get a quote for the seam repair from my cobbler.
        At the very least you can return them for a full refund in store credit to do with whatever you'd like.

        Comment


          Originally posted by Mr. Charles View Post
          At the very least you can return them for a full refund in store credit to do with whatever you'd like.
          Even in their current worn-out state I still like the boots better than the $115 or whatever that they would refund me
          Ben

          Comment


            Originally posted by DocDave View Post
            [MENTION=2341]LesserBlackDog[/MENTION] If you listen to podcasts at all, Planet Money did an interesting show about the return policy at LLB. People were/are picking items up off ebay that are completely used and returning them for a brand new product.
            I want to punch bitches who do this because it just makes it more likely that LLB is going to have to curtail its 100% guarantee and screw over the rest of us who have been loyal, paying LLB customers.
            Ben

            Comment


              As much as I like saving money. Malicious abuse of loopholes always rubs me the wrong way. If you like a product why put in the effort to actively affect their bottom line like that? Just wait to grab something on sale if you don't want to pay full retail.

              Comment


                Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                I want to punch bitches who do this because it just makes it more likely that LLB is going to have to curtail its 100% guarantee and screw over the rest of us who have been loyal, paying LLB customers.
                Amen. This is why we can't have nice things.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                  I want to punch bitches who do this because it just makes it more likely that LLB is going to have to curtail its 100% guarantee and screw over the rest of us who have been loyal, paying LLB customers.
                  This is why REI got rid of their return policy. Can't tell you how many baby strollers I've seen in their garage sales and the old garage sale section in the Seattle Flagship store because "did not fit child anymore." Punch those stupid parents and their shitty offspring. Also, people returning shoes that have been completely worn through after hundreds of miles of hiking because "they weren't comfortable." Bitch, they were comfortable enough for you to section hike the PCT in.

                  Comment


                    To be clear I was by no means advocating the abuse of the return system. I am in full agreement with the rest of you about this. I only brought it up because Ben mentioned his boots were quite worn, but based on the Planet Money podcast, it sounded like LLB would honour the return (if so desired) regardless of the condition of the boots.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                      To be clear I was by no means advocating the abuse of the return system.
                      Didn't think you were
                      Ben

                      Comment


                        Purchased a college hat today. No idea why. lol

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                          To be clear I was by no means advocating the abuse of the return system. I am in full agreement with the rest of you about this. I only brought it up because Ben mentioned his boots were quite worn, but based on the Planet Money podcast, it sounded like LLB would honour the return (if so desired) regardless of the condition of the boots.
                          I can speak to this, I'm about 40 minutes from their flagship store. I'm there all the time, and you see folks bringing all sorts of worn-out crap through the returns line, and walking away with store credit (they phased out just giving cash for returns without receipts a while ago, but that's what they used to do, and that was abused terribly, so I'm told). Things that clearly just wore out through normal use, not due to defect. Their guarantee is 100% unconditional. Granted, I would discourage abuse of this so that this great policy doesn't go away, it's been great in the rare instances I've had gear that I wasn't satisfied with. But far be it from me to tell you what to do.

                          Comment


                            I picked this up while Christmas shopping last night. It's dirt cheap, it fits great, and the quality is surprisingly good. They have some more conservative colors, but I thought the burgundy color (they call it "wine tasting" on the website) was pretty cool. Looking forward to sporting it this spring.
                            http://www.sears.com/simply-styled-m...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

                            Comment




                              Jcrew Kenton suede pacer boots, got these on sale for $100.


                              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Instagram: WoofOrWeft

                              Comment


                                Nice boots.

                                Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X