This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    After looking some more I'm actually switching the blue watch sport coat to the blue gun check, which I think will be a little more conservative....

And since threads are useless without pics here are some from my recent order
    Still waiting for my order to ship x_x
    Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Token View Post

EG Camden. I've wanted a pair of dark brown chelseas for a while and these fit the bill nicely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I'm not familiar with EG Camden. Were these purchased online or did you go in store and buy them in person? If you did buy them online, were you confident in your sizing or is the return policy solid? Either way, very nice purchase.

Comment

[MENTION=14776]MNJ83[/MENTION] - Nice pick ups. I loved those Carmina's in person. The Inca last is beautiful.
        [MENTION=14773]Token[/MENTION] - Is that just standard leather? Not as smoother looking as some Chealsea's but the texture gives it enough to keep it interesting. Still waiting on some sort of personal milestone before I order some Dover's.

Comment

[MENTION=15577]Rawfull[/MENTION] Thanks!

[MENTION=13399]DocDave[/MENTION] Got these online. Final sale but I have a few other pairs on the 82 last as well so I was confident on sizing.

[MENTION=4069]JBarwick[/MENTION] The material itself a standard vegetable tanned leather but it's printed to give it a bit of texture. Great choice on the Dover, I've never really been a fan of Norwegian split toe but the Dover is one of the most beautiful pair of shoes that they offer.
          Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Comment

JCP Stafford Nolan

Picked up a pair yesterday for a little over $40 after discounts/Ebates. It was just as flat and plasticky looking as in the Dappered review and the burnishing came away easily (which is a good thing since you can start fresh with your own creams/waxes). The leather still felt pretty nice though, and I lucked out because i ordered online for same day in store pickup and the employee must've picked the best one because the others in my size all looked terrible, from potmarked leather, "burnishing" overspray, and mismatched leather color (one pair even had 3 leather colors/textures on one shoe). Needless to say, the made in India shoes are much poorer quality.

Anyways, removed the burnish and made these look pretty decent using some Meltonian brown for the burnishing (a bit more noticeable in person) and neutral for the rest and blending it in. The shoes actually look and feel like leather now.

Please excuse the clash of blue socks and oxblood laces.

One thing I didn't notice in the review is that the lace holes have metal reinforcements on the inside so tightening the laces is easier, but the aglets tend to catch when lacing/unlacing.
            Last edited by Nandyn; December 13, 2016, 01:30 PM.

Comment

I picked these up on ebay recently. Allen Edmonds Overlord

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

Damn, all these recent shoe purchases is starting to make me think I need to pick up a new pair myself...

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Charles View Post
                  I picked these up on ebay recently. Allen Edmonds Overlord

Those are just about perfect for my needs for work. How is the sizing?

Comment

Originally posted by Eric S View Post
                    Those are just about perfect for my needs for work. How is the sizing?
                    It's consistent with my other pairs of AEs.

Comment

Bought some Brooks Bros duck boots for $111 with their current accessories sale. The shearling in my shearling-lined, zip-up Bean boots is mostly worn out in the soles and a seam along the zipper is unraveled after 3 years and many miles of dog-walking and winter commuting to my office.

They are still perfectly good for dog-walking but I could use a winter office commute shoe that is in a bit better shape/more presentable-looking.

Ben

Comment

Recently picked up one of the Bonobos Foundation Peacoats during their 30% off Cyber Monday sale (in addition to already being on sale almost 20%). Warmer, softer, and blocks wind than my old Schott, and in my opinion, fit better than the Billy Reid that I tried on. (Not to mention 10% cashmere.)

Pay no attention to their awful stock photo used for the website. The Slim fit works pretty well, even for those with broader shoulders (it just took a day to adjust).
                        https://bonobos.com/products/the-fou...terwear-size=m

Also managed to find my size in a pair of nice dark brown chukka boots during the Cole Haan 50% off sale. A little heavy, but broke in nicely, and they work well with jeans and/or chinos at the office.

http://www.colehaan.com/cranston-wat..._boots&start=2

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin View Post
                          Recently picked up one of the Bonobos Foundation Peacoats during their 30% off Cyber Monday sale (in addition to already being on sale almost 20%). Warmer, softer, and blocks wind than my old Schott, and in my opinion, fit better than the Billy Reid that I tried on. (Not to mention 10% cashmere.)

Pay no attention to their awful stock photo used for the website. The Slim fit works pretty well, even for those with broader shoulders (it just took a day to adjust).
                          https://bonobos.com/products/the-fou...terwear-size=m
                          I actually bought this jacket in slim fit over the summer on a big discount (in lieu of the Billy Reid as well), and had the same exact experience. The slim shoulders/arms took a little getting used to (I'm still a bit funny getting it on and off sometimes), but it fits and looks great--very glad I got it. Also will second that the photo makes it look stocky as hell, it's a reasonable slim fit in the body without being too snug to layer underneath.

Comment

New kicks came in and they fit

Ben

Comment

Also received a couple new pairs of Lands' End Year-rounder trousers and they fit great, so I went ahead and ordered a couple more pairs. Lands' End has a 50% off one item promotion going on that seems to work even if you place multiple orders. (Just grabbed the Year-rounders for $45 a pop, plus a couple dinky little sale items to get myself over the $50 free shipping threshold on each order.)
                              Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                                Bought some Brooks Bros duck boots for $111 with their current accessories sale. The shearling in my shearling-lined, zip-up Bean boots is mostly worn out in the soles and a seam along the zipper is unraveled after 3 years and many miles of dog-walking and winter commuting to my office.

They are still perfectly good for dog-walking but I could use a winter office commute shoe that is in a bit better shape/more presentable-looking.
                                I was considering those boots with the sale. Doesn't LL Bean have good warranty/customer support such that you could get your bean boots taken care of/replaced or am I making stuff up?

Comment

Working...
                                X