X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leanderthal View Post
    You know something we don't, Scofield? You holdin' out on us? [emoji12]

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk
    just analyzing recent trends...or maybe just wishful thinking. need some winter goods but holding off for another month...

Comment

That's wise thinking... I think I'll do the same. I need a short hiatus anyway.

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a suede double ring belt from Ralph Lauren that I got for less than $25. The Suitsupply one is pretty nice and I also bet there will be a sale in a month.

On another note, I just placed my first Sam Hober order!! I have been thinking this over for a while, and finally ordered a midnight grenadine and a plain burgundy repp tie. David from CS was great in providing suggestions based on my wants. Can't wait to see them up front and try to on.

Comment

Originally posted by KantStopDario View Post
          Seems like I will not be showing off that new briefcase by Filson. I guess this is what you get from getting something from a not so well known company. WelcomeStranger.com really left a bad taste in my mouth. Didn't receive any emails or anything for the past 7 days. Had to just call in myself and got a "oh, sir, your order was actually sold out, even after we put a hold on your credit card. That hold should be gone soon, and you will not be receiving that bag."

Here was me: "Should I not have been notified of this immediately after it was known, instead of calling myself or just sitting on my bum for no package?"

"Ummm, yes sir. Sorry about that."

Lessons learned.

Edit: I would also like to add that the bag is still being sold on their website, not saying that it is sold out, and not stopping me from paying with a credit card. This seems to be extremely unprofessional.
          Sorry to hear about that, that sucks. It seems like a lot of retailers had BF related issues (unsurprisingly). Not an excuse for not notifying you that they sold out though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Comment

Terrible picture that I rushed since I was home for less than six hours last night, but my burgundy cordovan Daltons came in. Delightful finishing and the leather is gorgeous. Color is so deep on these. Got dainite soles out on so they'll be my go to rainy day boots and maybe light snow day boots as well.

Comment

[MENTION=2622]hornsup84[/MENTION] Fantastic pickup! Bit by the shell cordovan bug?

Comment

Originally posted by Token View Post
                [MENTION=2622]hornsup84[/MENTION] Fantastic pickup! Bit by the shell cordovan bug?
                Thanks! My first dive in, a birthday gift to myself during their annual rediscover america sale or whatever they call it. I figured since I was doing a dress boot, the combo of dainite and cordovan (being more resistant, generally - although I'll still treat the leather) would be perfect for cold/rainy/snowy weather in NYC.

I also realized that I'm overall near the end of building out my dress shoe collection, and that if anything I'll be adding around the edges or upgrading if my currents fall apart. I have a black captoe (Grensons, my only non-AEs), brown captoe (Park Ave), black brogues (McAllisters), bourbon brogues (McAllisters, my go-to shoes), walnut semibrogues (Strand), and now my recently purchased brown suede double monks (mora or mora 2.0, not 100% given they're made for Club Monaco) and shell cord Daltons. Might as well go for nicer stuff now when purchasing, if it makes sense.

Comment

Taking a new job soon

This job will require me to be in court a lot more frequently (no more daily uniform of business casual) so I just went insane and bought $1100 of suits, sport coats, trousers, dress shirts, and ties from S&M plus a pair of First Ave dress boots from AE.

Total haul:

Blue texture suit $350 (CAD)
                  Brown herringbone suit $200 (final sale)
                  Blue watch check sport coat $308
                  Brown gun check sport coat $308
                  Grey windowpane trousers $50 (final sale)
                  Blue pinhead trousers $80
                  Light blue butcher stripe shirt $55
                  Dusk blue royal oxford shirt $45
                  Light blue McKinney stripe shirt $45
                  Purple polka dot tie $25
                  Royal blue basketweave tie $20
                  Last edited by LesserBlackDog; December 6, 2016, 11:51 AM.
                  Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                    Taking a new job soon

This job will require me to be in court a lot more frequently (no more daily uniform of business casual) so I just went insane and bought $1100 of suits, sport coats, trousers, dress shirts, and ties from S&M plus a pair of First Ave dress boots from AE.

Total haul:

Blue texture suit $350 (CAD)
                    Brown herringbone suit $200 (final sale)
                    Blue watch check sport coat $308
                    Brown gun check sport coat $308
                    Grey windowpane trousers $50 (final sale)
                    Blue pinhead trousers $80
                    Light blue butcher stripe shirt $55
                    Dusk blue royal oxford shirt $45
                    Light blue McKinney stripe shirt $45
                    Purple polka dot tie $25
                    Royal blue basketweave tie $20
                    Nice, and congrats on the soon-to-be-new jerb! Especially since it comes with more court time and a reason to upgrade/expand your suits/business attire!

Comment

Shanks :3
                      Ben

Comment

After looking some more I'm actually switching the blue watch sport coat to the blue gun check, which I think will be a little more conservative....

And since threads are useless without pics here are some from my recent order

Last edited by LesserBlackDog; December 6, 2016, 01:13 PM.
                        Ben

Comment

[MENTION=2341]LesserBlackDog[/MENTION] good call the blue gun check looks really nice

Comment

Originally posted by Token View Post
                            [MENTION=2341]LesserBlackDog[/MENTION] good call the blue gun check looks really nice
                            Ditto what he said, great stuff!

Comment

C&J Galway 2.

Bought it from the Barneys sale, using it as a rainy day boot for work.

Comment

^ I have been eyeing the blue guncheck for a while. If only my house was sold...

Comment

Working...
                                X