This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .brian. View Post
    I bought 4 pairs of their Driggs chinos (2 flex and 2 broken in) about a year ago on a whim, and fell in love with their fit. I just ordered another pair and the fit is nothing like the other 4. Leg opening was wider, and the overall fit was much looser. I returned them.

Ooh man that sucks. Hopefully they'll work for me. I like a ~6"-7"b flat opening, so 12-14" which seems to be what they had listed for most of their driggs. We'll see if that's actually the case

Comment

Originally posted by Nandyn View Post
      Ooh man that sucks. Hopefully they'll work for me. I like a ~6"-7"b flat opening, so 12-14" which seems to be what they had listed for most of their driggs. We'll see if that's actually the case
      I was disappointed, because I loved the color (Bedford Coal). The tags on the inside were different than the other pairs I have (heck the tags on the ones I have aren't even the same). But maybe they have different production facilities for factory store clothes, and it is just the luck of the draw as to what you get when you order? I'm not really sure, but now I am hesitant to try to order another pair, and as I mentioned, I absolutely love the way the others fit me.

Comment

Picked up a pair of Loake Kemptons. Have a pair of the Nordstrom 1901 Barretts coming in tomorrow, and going to see if the Loakes are worth double the price.

Comment

Bought a Filson original briefcase 256 in navy from welcome stranger. I'll post a review and pictures after. I got lucky by reading the deals on threads after my vacation (thanks [MENTION=11797]devastitis[/MENTION]). Picked one up new for $185 shipped. I thought that was a damn good price for it. The jet.com one didn't lure me in too much because of all the loopholes. With this, I can at least return it.

Definitely doing an in-depth review because before buying, I looked for long reviews about it, and only found very few, one being from threads about a black version.

I'm stoked since it's one of my fantasy bags. Very happy. Thought price was decent. I've heard of them going lower, but that was a few years ago.

Question: what made the prices go up on Filson? Just s&p, or something that I haven't read about?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
          Last edited by KantStopDario; December 1, 2016, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KantStopDario View Post
            Bought a Filson original briefcase 256 in navy from welcome stranger. I'll post a review and pictures after. I got lucky by reading the deals on threads after my vacation (thanks [MENTION=11797]devastitis[/MENTION]). Picked one up new for $185 shipped. I thought that was a damn good price for it. The jet.com one didn't lure me in too much because of all the loopholes. With this, I can at least return it.

Definitely doing an in-depth review because before buying, I looked for long reviews about it, and only found very few, one being from threads about a black version.

I'm stoked since it's one of my fantasy bags. Very happy. Thought price was decent. I've heard of them going lower, but that was a few years ago.

Question: what made the prices go up on Filson? Just s&p, or something that I haven't read about?

Nice grab! I was really considering it, but I already have a khaki one made by Gustin. The navy one is gorgeous, though.

Comment

Originally posted by devastitis View Post
              Nice grab! I was really considering it, but I already have a khaki one made by Gustin. The navy one is gorgeous, though.
              Thanks! I'm excited. I have heard wonderful things about the "lifetime warranty."

How's the gustin holding up? I remember the bag actually, and almost got it myself! Looked beautiful! Still holding up? Would love to see pictures if you got them anywhere (unless you already posted and I missed them a few months ago)!

Comment

Thanks! I'm excited. I have heard wonderful things about the "lifetime warranty."

How's the gustin holding up? I remember the bag actually, and almost got it myself! Looked beautiful! Still holding up? Would love to see pictures if you got them anywhere (unless you already posted and I missed them a few months ago)!

It's a nice simple bag that can take a beating. Really like it. Main reason why I considered getting another one in navy. If Gustin drops it in Navy and around the price I got it at, I'll be hard pressed to say no.

http://i.imgur.com/nAQqZok.jpg?1

Comment

Originally posted by devastitis View Post
                  It's a nice simple bag that can take a beating. Really like it. Main reason why I considered getting another one in navy. If Gustin drops it in Navy and around the price I got it at, I'll be hard pressed to say no.

http://i.imgur.com/nAQqZok.jpg?1
                  That leather looks nice and thick! Clutch call! I might hop on that train if they do another one. I wonder if I overpaid for the Filson? Anyone have a side by side comparison of the two?

Comment

That leather looks nice and thick! Clutch call! I might hop on that train if they do another one. I wonder if I overpaid for the Filson? Anyone have a side by side comparison of the two?

I wouldn't say you overpaid. There's a lot more peace of mind buying a Filson made over a Gustin made bag. I don't know what kind of fix I can get if my Gustin starts falling apart. Plus navy looks so nice.

Comment

Which ones do I keep?

Comment

Which ones do I keep?

I like the darker ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Nandyn View Post
                          I like the darker ones.
                          I second that.

Comment

Snuff ones for sure. The other ones are a little too light for my tastes.

Comment

Well I guess we all have similar taste, as they are the ones I was favoring as well. In case anyone was wondering and didn't see my post a few pages back, they are the Loake Kemptons. The other pair is the Nordstrom 1901 Barrett Chukka. I was really hoping I like the 1901's better (due to the price point), but I like the color and the shape of the Loake's much better.
                              Last edited by .brian.; December 2, 2016, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Well I guess we all have similar taste, as they are the ones I was favoring as well. In case anyone was wondering and didn't see my post a few pages back, they are the Loake Kemptons. The other pair is the Nordstrom 1901 Barrett Chukka. I was really hoping I like the 1901's better (due to the price point), but I like the color and the shape of the Loake's much better.
                                Yeah, the Loakes look much better. Nordstrom ones look oddly flat/wide.... Just kind of off.

Comment

Working...
                                X