This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AsianDapper View Post
    I would have gladly use ISO 400 with a WB around 5000K, 1/1000 SS if I have a fully open f/1.8 aperture lens.

But brother, the thing is, this is taken by my iPhone 7 Plus using iOS 10.1's Portrait Mode - and no editing at that.
    understood, but my GS5 has far less noise completely unedited and that's.....a lot older.
    https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

• This sportcoat from Spier & Mackay just came in the mail yesterday. Very happy with it.

One thing, it is darker in person than it is in the product photos, which actually makes me really happy because I was kinda settling on the lighter color when I really wanted a darker grey sportcoat, but didn't want charcoal.

Comment

• looks like a perfect shade for a fall herringbone, nicely done!

Comment

• Originally posted by firemunkee View Post
          Thanks for the share! I had the 5, now the 5x and am considering the Pixel. I know 5 to Pixel is a big jump but I'm wondering how much better it is than the 5x to justify the jump in price. I want that camera though...I also got the 5x so I could hop on Google Fi since we don't use that much data, but I've been hesitant. I am currently on T-Mobile but I compared Google Fi's LTE coverage map with T-Mobile's and in my area TMo has more LTE coverage. I am typically not in an area without LTE but there have been plenty of times with TMo where I have no service but all my friends on other carriers do. I'm about 30mi west of DC, not completely farmland and still decently populated but the apparent lack of coverage has me holding back. But what you shared has me thinking again...
          Fi uses T-Mobile, Sprint and US Cellular. It hops networks depending on which one has the best signal where you are. If you are happy with your T-Mobile coverage, you should have that same coverage on Fi, plus the Sprint and US Cellular coverage where T-Mo's is poor. T-Mo coverage gets spotty the further away from a metro you get. Sprint has at least 3G in many of the places T-Mo has 2G or no coverage. So Fi will have you covered. I've only been on Fi for about 2 weeks, but I have no complaints. I'm getting better service than I was on Sprint.

Edit: I upgraded to Pixel from a Nexus 5. It was a big jump up and definitely worth it! I couldn't say if moving from a 5X is worth it, if you had a 6P it probably wouldn't be, but the 5X was a mid-level spec phone from the start. Pixel is a flagship, without question.

Comment

• Originally posted by armedferret View Post
            understood, but my GS5 has far less noise completely unedited and that's.....a lot older.
            Please post a picture that big (full resolution) then and let's see the verdict.

And please take a picture with the subject being that sharp and the background has acceptable bokeh like that...with your Samsung Galaxy S5 that's older

Has to be an indoor pic with fluorescent (artificial) lightning.
            5' 6" | 143 lbs | 29x30 pants | 36S jacket | 14.5 shirt | 8 shoe size

Comment

• when the criteria start getting that specific, i don't use a phone to take the picture.

Comment

• Two of my most recent acquisitions. Natty CXL AE Higgins Mill with my first pair of Gustin denim that just arrived today.

Also picked up an OCBD and a pair of final sale flannel trousers from Spier and Mackay, but sadly no pics as they aren't due to arrive until tomorrow.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by bishopcraiga View Post

Two of my most recent acquisitions. Natty CXL AE Higgins Mill with my first pair of Gustin denim that just arrived today.

Also picked up an OCBD and a pair of final sale flannel trousers from Spier and Mackay, but sadly no pics as they aren't due to arrive until tomorrow.

Very nice! Which Gustin denim is that?

Comment

• Originally posted by devastitis View Post
                    Very nice! Which Gustin denim is that?
                    It's from the labor day grab bag so all I know is it's Cone Mills. Going to take some break in and the wife is (begrudgingly) hemming them tonight, but I'm quite happy. The grab bag was a great way for me to try out Gustin without breaking the bank since I wasn't that confident about my size.

Not sure if the link is still good, but it's this one:

https://www.weargustin.com/store/4051

Comment

• great info
                      thanks
                      Eat what is good for your health but
                      Wear what is good for your and others eyes

Comment

• Went to Old Navy this morning and absent mindedly wandered around while the wife made the return that was the reason for the visit. Stumbled across the wool blend pea coat for only $25. At that price I couldn't say no. FYI, website says 60/40 poly/wool but the tag says otherwise. Either way feels solid enough for the meager investment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Charles View Post
                          Fi uses T-Mobile, Sprint and US Cellular. It hops networks depending on which one has the best signal where you are. If you are happy with your T-Mobile coverage, you should have that same coverage on Fi, plus the Sprint and US Cellular coverage where T-Mo's is poor. T-Mo coverage gets spotty the further away from a metro you get. Sprint has at least 3G in many of the places T-Mo has 2G or no coverage. So Fi will have you covered. I've only been on Fi for about 2 weeks, but I have no complaints. I'm getting better service than I was on Sprint.
                          Yeah, I know it uses those three, which was why I was interested since I was already on TMo. Their coverage map confuses me though since around where I live the TMo LTE areas are 3G or less with Fi. I'm on TMo's old data plan, I don't like their new "unlimited" plans, so I don't want to lose that in case Fi doesn't work out for me and I want to switch back. Decisions decisions...

Comment

• I picked the ON peacoat up recently, too. I really like it.

Comment

• Just ordered the JCF moleskin blazer that's well-regarded here. Won't be here for a week probably but at least it's on the way. Navy merino v-neck sweater too.

Comment

• I just got my BR haul in last night. a pair of dark rinse traveler jeans, and two pairs of aiden slim fit wool flannel (at least partially) dress pants, one grey, one plaid. I had a gift card and used the 50% off friends and family, so I think I paid about 90 bucks out of pocket. Pants are fine, slightly baggy for a slim fit. Wearing the jeans today. Wow. whoever said they feel like sweatpants was right on the nose, but they still look like pretty much normal jeans. I just hope they hold up.

Also got that JCF moleskin blazer too. Should arrive tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X