Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just picked up some black AE Park Aves on ebay from dabondo. Should be here by Thursday or Friday sometime. Looked pretty dang good in the photos; soles showed wear equivalent to one, MAYBE two days outdoors.

And I also owe a 'family photo' of my AEs for a forum member. So maybe I'll start an AE-specific thread (yes, I know there's one on SF but why not have one here too?) this evening with just such a photo.
    https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

Got these on the way:

https://huckberry.com/store/astorfle...lex-dark-khaki

Been looking for this exact shade of brown suede for a while. Got them for $100, and from Joe's review they should be much nicer that CDBs for less money.

These will be my do-everything, year-round, dry-weather, business-casual shoes. I've got a pair of well-worn Timberland waterproof chukkas for the wet/snowy days.

Comment

Originally posted by AsianDapper View Post
        Finally got this in time for my 32nd.

Nice! I recently picked up a new phone too. I'm a member of the Dark Side though. [emoji48]

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rocco View Post
          Got these on the way:

https://huckberry.com/store/astorfle...lex-dark-khaki

Been looking for this exact shade of brown suede for a while. Got them for $100, and from Joe's review they should be much nicer that CDBs for less money.

These will be my do-everything, year-round, dry-weather, business-casual shoes. I've got a pair of well-worn Timberland waterproof chukkas for the wet/snowy days.

How'd you get those for $100? They look real nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Manceptional View Post
            How'd you get those for $100? They look real nice.
            I found a coupon on retailmenot, but it appears to not be working anymore. I wonder if it was a fluke in the system?

I'm hoping they pan out, should be arriving tomorrow.

Comment

Well of course there was the good fortune of getting in on the Massdrop X AE chukkas in chocolate suede, but I also recently pulled off another ebay score, a nice vintage harris tweed sportcoat for a little over 40 bones shipped:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/311603158683

so I'm pretty stoked about that.

Still fence-sitting about the JCF moleskin....

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Charles View Post
                Nice! I recently picked up a new phone too. I'm a member of the Dark Side though. [emoji48]

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
                Sweet! I've heard good reviews about its camera.
                5' 6" | 143 lbs | 29x30 pants | 36S jacket | 14.5 shirt | 8 shoe size

Comment

I've been very impressed with it so far. Much better than my previous phone (Nexus 5), and certainly on par with my wife's iPhone.

Comment

Do share your experience
                    Eat what is good for your health but
                    Wear what is good for your and others eyes

Comment

I went a little nuts shopping online (happy birthday to me), and the first arrivals were my new boots. On the suggestion of someone in a recent thread, I jumped on a pair of Clarks Mali desert boots, and I'm glad I did. I found a pair in sheepskin, they call the color "bronze/brown" on Amazon for a shade under $100. They're a lot more supple than the more standard Clarks leathers, and they're far more comfortable than the pair of Bushacre IIs I had in beeswax. Pics to come when I take them out for the weekend, but here's where they came from.
                      https://www.amazon.com/dp/B012Z1AKNS...ter_B004K6TOZW

Comment

Originally posted by fiftyforfifty View Post
                        Do share your experience
                        Assuming your asking about the Pixel, I'm very happy with it. It's a very fast phone. The camera is the best I've ever had on a phone, the screen is bright, crisp, and has good color representation. The speaker is impressive for being non-stereo. It charges quickly, and lasts all day with my typical usage with battery to spare.

The only negative is that there is a bluetooth bug that is effecting some people's ability to pair it with their vehicle for calls. I'm experiencing that bug, but otherwise I have no complaints. I expect Google will fix it soon.

Google Fi service is great, if you're in an area with good Sprint and/or T-Mobile coverage and don't use a lot of data it could be a great deal.

Comment

Originally posted by fiftyforfifty View Post
                          Do share your experience
                          For sure!

This is taken using Portrait Mode.
                          Raw and unedited.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Charles View Post
                            Assuming your asking about the Pixel, I'm very happy with it. It's a very fast phone. The camera is the best I've ever had on a phone, the screen is bright, crisp, and has good color representation. The speaker is impressive for being non-stereo. It charges quickly, and lasts all day with my typical usage with battery to spare.

The only negative is that there is a bluetooth bug that is effecting some people's ability to pair it with their vehicle for calls. I'm experiencing that bug, but otherwise I have no complaints. I expect Google will fix it soon.

Google Fi service is great, if you're in an area with good Sprint and/or T-Mobile coverage and don't use a lot of data it could be a great deal.
                            Thanks for the share! I had the 5, now the 5x and am considering the Pixel. I know 5 to Pixel is a big jump but I'm wondering how much better it is than the 5x to justify the jump in price. I want that camera though...I also got the 5x so I could hop on Google Fi since we don't use that much data, but I've been hesitant. I am currently on T-Mobile but I compared Google Fi's LTE coverage map with T-Mobile's and in my area TMo has more LTE coverage. I am typically not in an area without LTE but there have been plenty of times with TMo where I have no service but all my friends on other carriers do. I'm about 30mi west of DC, not completely farmland and still decently populated but the apparent lack of coverage has me holding back. But what you shared has me thinking again...

Comment

For sure!

This is taken using Portrait Mode.
                              Raw and unedited.

Still seems like a lot of noise. ISO automatic? If so, I'd bump it down a couple notches.

Comment

Originally posted by armedferret View Post
                                Still seems like a lot of noise. ISO automatic? If so, I'd bump it down a couple notches.
                                I would have gladly use ISO 400 with a WB around 5000K, 1/1000 SS if I have a fully open f/1.8 aperture lens.

But brother, the thing is, this is taken by my iPhone 7 Plus using iOS 10.1's Portrait Mode - and no editing at that.

Comment

Working...
                                X