This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fiftyforfifty View Post
    I love these mocs, but to me these are for summers wearing without socks and feeling ease, now its time for Chukkas
    Now is time for clearance! 😀

Comment

Second voyage of the merlot MacCallisters I picked up at the recent AE sale. Went back and forth on keeping both them and their merlot PA cousins (which will make their debut next week) but ultimately talked myself into keeping both, given the crazy sale prices.

“There are moments, Jeeves, when one asks oneself, 'Do trousers matter?'"
      "The mood will pass, sir.”

Comment

Taking a look at all of the files on my computer made me realize I needed a backup solution. So while it isn't clothing related, here is my recent purchase.

Now I just need to purchase the hard drives to go with it.

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
          Taking a look at all of the files on my computer made me realize I needed a backup solution. So while it isn't clothing related, here is my recent purchase.

Now I just need to purchase the hard drives to go with it.
          If you're looking for backup software, I highly recommend Acronis. It's saved my butt multiple times.

And now back to your regularly scheduled sartorial show-and-tell...

Comment

I just picked these up from Ebay. AE Dundee 2.0 in olive or loden. They are used, but only look like they were worn maybe a dozen times. I offered about half the asking price and it was accepted! Great deal!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice! I would have loved to find a pair of the Dundee 2.0 in my size, but the only ones I could find in my size on ebay were either really expensive or badly beat up.

Instead I bought the Nordstrom 1901 chukka's that have been mentioned on the main site a couple times. So far I like them ok. They're not the most comfortable shoes, but they look nice and the price was right.

Comment

nice find and deal
                Eat what is good for your health but
                Wear what is good for your and others eyes

Comment

Just snagged the J Crew Factory cable sweater that Joe has mentioned several times on the main site. I don't always do well with J. Crew's sizing, but the medium slim was damn near perfect for me.
                  Duncan

I know my username is dumb; blame 12 year old me.

Comment

Spier and Mackay will have a Boxing Day sale after Christmas and the bundle pricing on shirts will be pretty low. Buy some then and specify sleeve length. I think the final price of the 3 I did back in January ended up being $37USD per shirt. They will also shorten the sleeves of OTR shirts for a pretty cheap price IIRC.

Originally posted by DandyLion View Post
                    @toddrhodes

How do you like the fit of the CT shirts? I read on a forum or a blog somewhere that even their Slim and Skinny (or whatever CT calls them) fits have very wide upper arm barrels. Do you find that to be true? I have....slender (read "stick") arms, so that comment made my shy about ordering from CT.

Have you ever owned/worn a Spier and Mackay shirt? If so, how would you compare fit and quality? I recently bought 4 S&M shirts. I love the collar! The fabric is fine. The contemporary fit is good for me, except for the sleeve length. I have long arms and the sleeves are still too long -- there's a slouchy "break" in the sleeves as I wear them, and S&M doesn't make shirts to various sleeve lengths. They have one standard length per neck size / fit choice. I understand the reasoning, but it requires tailoring, which adds to the expense of both money and time.

thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by winghus View Post
                      Spier and Mackay will have a Boxing Day sale after Christmas and the bundle pricing on shirts will be pretty low. Buy some then and specify sleeve length. I think the final price of the 3 I did back in January ended up being $37USD per shirt. They will also shorten the sleeves of OTR shirts for a pretty cheap price IIRC.
                      The sleeve adjustment price from SM is quite good and I had 2-3 shirts altered in house prior to shipping. It was high season for them, right after xmas, and they were quite busy but 2 of the three shirts had poor stitching and fraying at the new seam. They did offer to pay for somebody local to fix it but I didn't follow up. I would still give it a go given the likely more mature company and low price.

Comment

Originally posted by doomx View Post
                        The sleeve adjustment price from SM is quite good and I had 2-3 shirts altered in house prior to shipping. It was high season for them, right after xmas, and they were quite busy but 2 of the three shirts had poor stitching and fraying at the new seam. They did offer to pay for somebody local to fix it but I didn't follow up. I would still give it a go given the likely more mature company and low price.
                        I can second the customer service. I had requested over the phone that my shirt order be changed from contemporary to slim they confirmed. Unfortunately the order did not get updated prior to shipment, but they reimbursed me to get the shirts tailored down from a contemporary to slim.

What's the price on the sleeve shortening? The slim fits me perfectly without tailoring except that the sleeve is 1" too long. I would love to have it done in house before shipping.

Comment

Got my pair of BB cordovan captoe boots from the Columbus Day sale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Comment

Daaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn ^^^

Comment

Originally posted by thedrake View Post
                              Daaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn ^^^
                              Seconded. VERY nice.

Comment

Thanks! My first pair of cordovan shoes, it's a slippery slope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Comment

Working...
                                X