Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I ordered a Barbour Chelsea Flyweight and received it yesterday. Not crazy about the fit - I sized down to XS and it works well in the shoulders, chest, and waist, but for some reason there is a bunch of excess material in the midsection, particularly at the back, that kind of poofs out in a weird way. Returning it.

Went ahead and ordered this Barbour Steve McQueen Wax Beech jacket instead. Shipping from the UK so I've got my fingers crossed it fits. I love Barbour but hate how their sizing is so all over the place.

Ben

Comment

• Originally posted by azimmerm View Post
      I just picked up a slim Merino Wool Sweater from JCF as well as this year's blue tweed blazer with elbow-patches (featured in https://dappered.com/2016/08/autumna...-for-men-2016/) and was disappointed by both. First, the sweaters fit much baggier compared to last year with a lot of extra room in the arms (sleeves) and lower arm holes. Secondly, the blazer is no longer lined in 100% acetate but 100% polyester. Joe stated it was the same wool/nylon blend for the shell, which is correct, but was incorrect when stating it still used the 100% acetate lining. So an FYI to anyone thinking of buying the slim fit merino wool sweaters or the tweed/wool blazers from JCF this season.

Unfortunately both will be returned
      Wish I knew this yesterday with the blazer. Oh well.

Comment

• This just came from eBay. I wanted a peacoat in something other than charcoal or navy, and found this JCrew Dock in "dried olive." Like new condition with Thinsulate lining for $65.

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Leanderthal View Post
          This just came from eBay. I wanted a peacoat in something other than charcoal or navy, and found this JCrew Dock in "dried olive." Like new condition with Thinsulate lining for $65.

Nice pickup! I bought one of those two years ago when J Crew offered them. One word of caution... the buttons are not sewn on well. About half of the buttons on mine loosened to the point of nearly falling off. As a result, I ended up re-attaching all of them as remedy and prevention for the ones that hadn't started to fall off yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Charles View Post
            Nice pickup! I bought one of those two years ago when J Crew offered them. One word of caution... the buttons are not sewn on well. About half of the buttons on mine loosened to the point of nearly falling off. As a result, I ended up re-attaching all of them as remedy and prevention for the ones that hadn't started to fall off yet.
            Thanks! I'm pretty pleased with it. I did notice that about the buttons. Right off the bat I thought they seemed finicky. I'm contemplating changing them. I'm not real fond of anchor buttons.

Comment

• I wish I could find one of those Banana Republic Bridge Coats from a few years back. They seemed to be a big deal on the threads but I don't remember any purchases and they don't seem to be easy to comeby second hand.

Comment

This just came from eBay. I wanted a peacoat in something other than charcoal or navy, and found this JCrew Dock in "dried olive." Like new condition with Thinsulate lining for $65.
                Bravo, that's a stupid good price. Was that from a private seller or an e-thrift storefront?

Comment

• Really like that color. Tried on a Dock last year and unfortunately it runs just a bit too long for me. Would LOVE it if J Crew brought back the bayswater in that color.

Comment

• [MENTION=12827]Rocco[/MENTION] it was a private seller from Southern California. I'm guessing they didn't have much use for it....
                    [MENTION=15577]Rawfull[/MENTION] it is a little longer than your traditional peacoat I believe. I think JCrew describes it as such. Hits me high on thigh as opposed to just covering my seat.

I was thinking about having the waist brought in a touch. But does anyone know if that alteration is possible with the Thinsulate lining?

Comment

• [MENTION=15577]Rawfull[/MENTION] there's a handful of the Bayswater floating around on ebay. Definitely has a slimmer silhouette than the Dock.
                      [MENTION=4069]JBarwick[/MENTION] I can hardly find anything on that coat. What's it look like?

Comment

[MENTION=15577]Rawfull[/MENTION] there's a handful of the Bayswater floating around on ebay. Definitely has a slimmer silhouette than the Dock.
                        [MENTION=4069]JBarwick[/MENTION] I can hardly find anything on that coat. What's it look like?

Geesh 2012...I have been here a while.

https://dappered.com/2012/09/most-wa...eptember-2012/
                        http://www.gq.com/gallery/nfl-rookie...r-2012#slide=1
                        https://dappered.com/2012/10/best-af...llwinter-2012/

Comment

• Haha, I did find a thread from Dappered about the tentative release date for the coat from '12. [MENTION=2341]LesserBlackDog[/MENTION] is there too, so you're not the only one!

Yeah that's nice. I would go for that for sure.

Comment

• I've been on a bit of a buying spree. Only my 2nd post here but in the last few weeks I've decided to purge my closet, start dressing better for work, and that's resulted in:

Three new pairs of AE shoes
                            Strand in Walnut
                            Nuemok in brown
                            Strandmok in gray suede

Jeans - yes I primarily wear jeans to work, but I try to wear dark washes with no distressing or anything of that sort
                            1 pair of Joes
                            1 pair of AGs
                            1 pair of Diesels

Flannel pants - picked up that 5-pocket pair on the Dappered front page from LE

6 more CT extra slim casual oxfords

Fall coat

Watches
                            3 Greg Stevens straps and one matching belt (to match the Walnut Strands)
                            Seiko Quartz white-face, blue hands Chrono
                            Seiko diver (model number escapes me)
                            Tisell Pilot (type A)
                            Armida A2
                            Momentum Stillex

All are 22mm lug width so I can use any of the new GSD straps with any of them. A couple of these came with NATOs as well so I can mix and match as I want.

I think I'm about done, but I do need to do something about shoe storage for our bedroom...

Comment

• [MENTION=14682]Leanderthal[/MENTION] yup, I picked up a bayswater last year on ebay for cheap. Love it, just wish it were available in more interesting colors besides the standard black/charcoal and navy.

Comment

• Originally posted by toddrhodes View Post
                                I've been on a bit of a buying spree. Only my 2nd post here but in the last few weeks I've decided to purge my closet, start dressing better for work, and that's resulted in:

Three new pairs of AE shoes
                                Strand in Walnut
                                Nuemok in brown
                                Strandmok in gray suede

Jeans - yes I primarily wear jeans to work, but I try to wear dark washes with no distressing or anything of that sort
                                1 pair of Joes
                                1 pair of AGs
                                1 pair of Diesels

Flannel pants - picked up that 5-pocket pair on the Dappered front page from LE

6 more CT extra slim casual oxfords

Fall coat

Watches
                                3 Greg Stevens straps and one matching belt (to match the Walnut Strands)
                                Seiko Quartz white-face, blue hands Chrono
                                Seiko diver (model number escapes me)
                                Tisell Pilot (type A)
                                Armida A2
                                Momentum Stillex

All are 22mm lug width so I can use any of the new GSD straps with any of them. A couple of these came with NATOs as well so I can mix and match as I want.

I think I'm about done, but I do need to do something about shoe storage for our bedroom...
                                Holy moly. You bought a LOT of stuff. I hope for the sake of your wallet that these all fit your style and that you stick with it. They're all solid pieces, I'm just in awe of the sheer volume.

For reference I plan on probably getting 50% of what you listed in the course of 12 months. Depending on sales, I plan on buying 1-2 items a month, with the exception of the first month where I bought something like 2 shirts, 2 pants, and a pair of shoes just to get started.

Comment

Working...
                                X