Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recent Purchases

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    I'm apparently in a watch-buying mood recently. I ordered this earlier today after seeing it in a Jomashop email....



    Strikes me as something of a cross between a Daytona (white dial, steel bezel, steel borders around the subdials) and a polar Explorer II (stark black hands/marker borders, bright colored accent... though light blue instead of orange). And 40mm is ideal sports watch size for me.
    Which one is that? I like that more than the similar Casio Edifice I have.

    Comment


      Ssb025
      Ben

      Comment


        The Seiko fanboy in me really likes that watch. I just don't need another chrono at the moment.

        [MENTION=11797]devastitis[/MENTION] pretty sure it's this one.

        *Edit* looks like you beat me to it [MENTION=2341]LesserBlackDog[/MENTION]

        Comment


          Originally posted by Vanquish View Post
          Yeah 1 full size down. It was helpful that I already had others in the 348 last and got sized up in the New York store as well.
          Thanks! Looks like everything is a go for the navy shell Dundees, just need to get the requisite number of people. I really need to make a trip to NY to get sized. Not aware of any C&J carrying stores here in DC. I believe there's one, but I want to avoid it like the plague after reading about the people who run the place.

          Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
          Ssb025
          Originally posted by Rawfull View Post
          The Seiko fanboy in me really likes that watch. I just don't need another chrono at the moment.

          [MENTION=11797]devastitis[/MENTION] pretty sure it's this one.

          *Edit* looks like you beat me to it [MENTION=2341]LesserBlackDog[/MENTION]
          Ah, was hoping it was 22mm lug width, as all my nicer straps (Guarded Goods shell cordovan straps) are 22mm. Maybe I need to start investing in 20mm straps as well. Thanks for the info!

          Comment


            [MENTION=2341]LesserBlackDog[/MENTION] that's a nice looking watch. Well done sir.

            Comment


              I was on vacation recently in the UK. I walked by a Charles Tyrwhitt store in London and stopped in. Ended up walking out with 4 shirts.

              They were running a 4 for Ā£100 deal which works out to a little over $30 per shirt after exchange rate.



              I was in Edinburgh for a day and picked up a Harris Tweed driver.



              Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

              Comment


                Picked up a 50's Harris Tweed for $30 on Ebay. Spent more getting it tailored!

                Comment


                  Originally posted by devastitis View Post
                  Thanks! Looks like everything is a go for the navy shell Dundees, just need to get the requisite number of people. I really need to make a trip to NY to get sized. Not aware of any C&J carrying stores here in DC. I believe there's one, but I want to avoid it like the plague after reading about the people who run the place.
                  Are you talking about SkyValet?

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Vanquish View Post
                    Are you talking about SkyValet?
                    I believe that may be it. Have you had experiences there?

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by devastitis View Post
                      I believe that may be it. Have you had experiences there?
                      I have not but know they are in DC and sell C&J.

                      Comment


                        Couple more shots of my 1950's 3/2 roll harris tweed. Not bad for $30 on ebay and $45 for tailoring.




                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Nate Chorney View Post
                          Couple more shots of my 1950's 3/2 roll harris tweed. Not bad for $30 on ebay and $45 for tailoring.




                          Nice pickup, that fits you great!


                          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by JaimeGarcia View Post
                            LL Bean just put a bunch of these on clearance, and I picked one up on a whim (I had a gift card to burn). Now I'm glad I did. Just got back from a weekend at a friend's cabin up north, which cemented its place as one of my favorite pieces of clothing. It's like a particularly cozy sweatshirt, minus the ultra-casual look. It's nice to be able to feel that comfortable going into town without looking like a schlub.

                            http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/11235...ductId=1454820
                            Originally posted by JaimeGarcia View Post
                            I got an XL, which was a pretty roomy fit without an undershirt. I wear a 50r jacket at present. Their flannel and chamois stuff tends to run pretty huge unless it's their slim fit, which runs closer to other retailers regular sizes.
                            After seeing it posted here, I also picked up one of these ll bean chamois popovers. It arrived yesterday. I love it. It definitely runs a little big, but I'm hoping I can get it to shrink up a little in the wash. Thanks to [MENTION=13393]JaimeGarcia[/MENTION] bringing it to my attention. Now if we can only get it to cool of in Atlanta so I can actually wear it....

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
                              Nice pickup, that fits you great!

                              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Thanks doooood!!!

                              Comment


                                I just picked up a slim Merino Wool Sweater from JCF as well as this year's blue tweed blazer with elbow-patches (featured in https://dappered.com/2016/08/autumna...-for-men-2016/) and was disappointed by both. First, the sweaters fit much baggier compared to last year with a lot of extra room in the arms (sleeves) and lower arm holes. Secondly, the blazer is no longer lined in 100% acetate but 100% polyester. Joe stated it was the same wool/nylon blend for the shell, which is correct, but was incorrect when stating it still used the 100% acetate lining. So an FYI to anyone thinking of buying the slim fit merino wool sweaters or the tweed/wool blazers from JCF this season.

                                Unfortunately both will be returned

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X