Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know what model of AE's these are(i tried googling like I'm at work)? I got the shoes with florsheim shoe trees for $80 must say that the leather is MUCH MUCH MUCH softer than my strawfuts, players, mayfairs and montgomery's

By shad0w4life at 2012-07-01

Comment

@shadowland, those look like the AE cortlands

Comment

jCrew stuff, quick pics.

Medium Tall(look at left side of picture for fit reference as it is pulled up by my shoulder in the camera holding position.

Large

Large Slim "Chili" which should be called faded old red.

Comment

I've been saving up to get a pair of AE Park Avenues to be my formal shoe of choice for my new job. It will be my first pair of good shoes, so I want them to be kind of boring, though I'd rather have some brogues. So I just stopped into my local Nordstrom to try on a pair to see how they fit, and the salesperson told me that if I sign up for a Nordstrom debit card, she'd order them for me and have them shipped on the 11th, when the sale starts. I wanted a pair of brown PAs but the sale only specified black, but she said it didn't matter -- she can get me the brown pair for the sale price. Just a heads up. Then I got home to some surprise graduation money - and saw the posts about $150 Elgins, which I was really wanting. They had my size (same last as PAs), so I ended up ordering two pairs of AEs tonight. I'm really happy that they are such different shoes, since I need to be in suits sometimes and pretty casual sometimes. Thanks for the tips on the sale and the Beren close out!

Comment

First post here!

Picked up some

Johnston & Murphy wingtips and a Ralph Lauren polo on ebay for a good deal

Comment

Is that a women's polo? Sleeves + "skinny" branding. Men's slim fits are called "Custom Fit" as far as I know.

Comment

Yeah my RL slim fit polo is called Custom Fit.

and that logo..... yowch.

Comment

You guys are correct, Skinny Polo = Women's & Custom Polo = Men's.

Comment

Should've looked into it further. It was listed as a men's shirt, but I wasn't sure. Now I figure I can give it to my girlfriend as part of her birthday present.

Comment

BB - congrats! A big day!

Comment

Yeah, I know, I'm really excited to lose my AE virginity, and I'm really fortunate to have my first time be with two at once... Wait, that's not sounding right. Seriously, though, I am actually surprising myself with how much I'm looking forward to new shoes. The Elgins look smooth.

Comment

@BB: congrats! The Elgins are really nice! Contemplating a pair for myself as well!

Comment

Kopped this sport coat at BB Factory outlet for ~ $175

2 buttoned. Fully Canvassed. Merino Wool. Double vented.

Also bought a purple tie and 2 Slim Fit shirts in basic colors (light blue and white).. fit me like a charm (17" neck). I tried the extra slim fits but they are narrower on the shoulders as well and hug me like a spandex shirt in the same collar size.

Comment

@pratyk: You will be very boss in that!

Comment

Got a nice beige hoodie from Old Navy for $12. Too bad my brother's discount didn't work, would have been $9. :P

Comment

Working...
                                X