This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohnG View Post
    I don't make it Stateside very often, so I had a lot of shopping to do for the wife and son. But I did manage to sneak a few things for myself.

New pair of Levi's 508s and a couple of knit ties:

The big score (for me): Barbour Beauly, size medium, reg $399. Found it on the XXL rack of Macy's clearance area. Price tag had it reduced to $135, but when the cashier rang it through, she told me they had an extra 40% off clearance items. $81!!

Went back and hunted through the clearance racks some more, and also picked up an RLP blue gingham linen shirt. Again size medium, and again hiding out on the XXL rack.

Also got a new Merkur safety razor on sale and some Smartwool no-shows (as well as stocking up on some single malts). Overall, a very productive trip!

Not really a purchase, but a company did send me one of their linen suits to review. Very nice, except for the sleeves which are about an inch too long. But ... functioning cuff buttons. So I'll need to see what I can do about that.

Levi's 508 look great, is it regular fit.
    Eat what is good for your health but
    Wear what is good for your and others eyes

Comment

Originally posted by fiftyforfifty View Post
      Levi's 508 look great, is it regular fit.
      In Levi's, I normally wear 511s, so I can compare them to those. The 508s are roomier in the hips and thighs, but not baggy (501s are way too baggy on me). They have a noticeable tapper starting just above the knee. I usually take a 33 in 511s. In the 508s I took a 32, and the leg opening is about the same as the 511s. The rise on the 508s is a little higher and the material is nicer. I really like the the fit. Hope that helps!

Comment

Originally posted by JohnG View Post
        In Levi's, I normally wear 511s, so I can compare them to those. The 508s are roomier in the hips and thighs, but not baggy (501s are way too baggy on me). They have a noticeable tapper starting just above the knee. I usually take a 33 in 511s. In the 508s I took a 32, and the leg opening is about the same as the 511s. The rise on the 508s is a little higher and the material is nicer. I really like the the fit. Hope that helps!
        Thank you, for detailed explanation, I really appreciate

Comment

C&J Chelsea 3's got here today, just waiting on the weather to cool down a bit before I can start wearing them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Comment

Originally posted by Token View Post

C&J Chelsea 3's got here today, just waiting on the weather to cool down a bit before I can start wearing them

I would move into an industrial freezer if it meant I could start wearing those immediately!

Comment

Originally posted by Token View Post

Awesome, I can understand how difficult it would be to wait.

Comment

LL Bean just put a bunch of these on clearance, and I picked one up on a whim (I had a gift card to burn). Now I'm glad I did. Just got back from a weekend at a friend's cabin up north, which cemented its place as one of my favorite pieces of clothing. It's like a particularly cozy sweatshirt, minus the ultra-casual look. It's nice to be able to feel that comfortable going into town without looking like a schlub.

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/11235...ductId=1454820

Comment

Originally posted by JaimeGarcia View Post
                  LL Bean just put a bunch of these on clearance, and I picked one up on a whim (I had a gift card to burn). Now I'm glad I did. Just got back from a weekend at a friend's cabin up north, which cemented its place as one of my favorite pieces of clothing. It's like a particularly cozy sweatshirt, minus the ultra-casual look. It's nice to be able to feel that comfortable going into town without looking like a schlub.

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/11235...ductId=1454820
                  Thanks--I'm always looking for popovers. How is the fit? If you don't mind posting the size you bought and chest measurement, that would be super helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by connersw View Post
                    Thanks--I'm always looking for popovers. How is the fit? If you don't mind posting the size you bought and chest measurement, that would be super helpful.
                    I got an XL, which was a pretty roomy fit without an undershirt. I wear a 50r jacket at present. Their flannel and chamois stuff tends to run pretty huge unless it's their slim fit, which runs closer to other retailers regular sizes.

Comment

Just snagged a brown plaid waistcoat from Frank & Oak for a measly $39 - fits perfect!

Pic in WIWT will follow.
                      5' 6" | 143 lbs | 29x30 pants | 36S jacket | 14.5 shirt | 8 shoe size

Comment

Waited 14 weeks for these babies.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanquish View Post
                          Waited 14 weeks for these babies.

Very nice! You got in on the C&J Camberly GMTO from SF. I was considering that, but really wanted a Lindrick boot in navy shell more. But am now in on the Dundee GMTO. How did you size them? 1 size down from US brannock to UK?

Comment

Originally posted by devastitis View Post
                            Very nice! You got in on the C&J Camberly GMTO from SF. I was considering that, but really wanted a Lindrick boot in navy shell more. But am now in on the Dundee GMTO. How did you size them? 1 size down from US brannock to UK?
                            Yeah 1 full size down. It was helpful that I already had others in the 348 last and got sized up in the New York store as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Leanderthal View Post
                              Yeah, it's 3", which I've learned is my absolute minimum. Would love to be 3.25-3.5

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk
                              Christ, the lack of customer service from The Knottery is offensive. I ordered the lovely black watch tie two and a half weeks ago and it hasn't shipped yet. Two emails and two contact form messages from me and zero replies from The Knottery. And they have no phone number. I'm millimetres away from calling Visa to have my payment reversed.

Searching various style forums, I found numerous similar stories from 2014, but nothing recent. Maybe it's common knowledge now that ordering from this company is a gamble.

Comment

I'm apparently in a watch-buying mood recently. I ordered this earlier today after seeing it in a Jomashop email....

Strikes me as something of a cross between a Daytona (white dial, steel bezel, steel borders around the subdials) and a polar Explorer II (stark black hands/marker borders, bright colored accent... though light blue instead of orange). And 40mm is ideal sports watch size for me.
                                Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X