This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    Got my Bonobos suit. Jacket fits pretty well. I mis-guessed my pants size and would need to exchange if I wanted to keep the suit.

Not sure I'm digging the whole thing as a suit though... the Colonel Sanders vibe is rather strong. I'm contemplating just keeping the jacket, though that is potentially redundant with a khaki cotton jacket I already have.

I went ahead and ordered the seersucker suit as well, just for kicks... I mean, if I find a light-colored cotton suit overly costumey, the odds are slim that I would be able to take myself seriously in baby blue seersucker. But we'll see I guess.
    I was pretty close to grabbing that seersucker too, but I don't think I'm quite confident enough yet to rock that suit... There are always seersuckers up on ebay for under 100 bones, may have to start there.

Comment

Nice shells.

Comment

Originally posted by Evenflow View Post
        Nice shells.
        Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by devastitis View Post
          After a 3 month back order, these finally shipped and made it home. Alden shell gunboats from Jcrew.

http://i.imgur.com/pNbkCKj.jpg?1
          Very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Matchbook View Post
            Very nice.
            Thank you! Normally not a fan of long wings, but I was able to get these for a crazy good price, and couldn't pass them up.

Comment

[MENTION=15090]JohnG[/MENTION] how's the quality on that Massimo Dutti? Looks really nice.

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by highzoot View Post
                I finally pulled the trigger on a pair of Common Projects Achilles Low in white. Opumo had a sale and they had my size in stock. I took it as a sign! Common Projects have been talked about so much they're almost passe, but I've received more comments about these then any other recent purchase.

Great purchase
                Eat what is good for your health but
                Wear what is good for your and others eyes

Comment

Originally posted by Leanderthal View Post
                  [MENTION=15090]JohnG[/MENTION] how's the quality on that Massimo Dutti? Looks really nice.

Overall quality is very good; no loose threads, stitching is solid, etc. It is completely unstructured, with the bare minimum of butterfly lining. Some nice little details, like the suede under the collar. Made in Portugal, fwiw. For the $250 they were originally asking, it was a pass. It's on sale now on their site for $125, which (IMO) makes it very, very tempting. For the $99 I got it at in store, it's a steal. Here's a link to it (the fabric is much darker IRL):

There are some quirks to it. The fabric is a very open, almost coarse, weave (think really nice potato sack material), but super soft. And the cuffs are just bizarre. Like I said, it will need a little tailoring. Here are some more pics; easier than trying to explain.

Comment

And a couple of the collar and cuffs. Hope that helps!

EDIT: One more thing. Like almost all MD stuff, it fits small/tight! I'm normally a 38R in a "classic fit" jacket from say Lands's End or BB, and a 40R in slim fit jackets (BR, normal MD stuff). This one is a 42. It's to be taken in at the waist a little and have the sleeves shortened, but chest, shoulders and sleeves all feel great.
                    Last edited by JohnG; July 14, 2016, 08:39 AM.

Comment

I picked up a Seiko 5 on Amazon Prime Day. I'm actually surprised how much I like it. I was afraid it would wear small, but I think it looks fine.

Edit - photos didn't show as I intended... here's a link. http://imgur.com/gallery/4oOWV
                      Last edited by C.Dubs; July 15, 2016, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by C.Dubs View Post
                        I picked up a Seiko 5 on Amazon Prime Day. I'm actually surprised how much I like it. I was afraid it would wear small, but I think it looks fine.
                        I was thinking about getting it but I really want the green version which wasn't on sale so I'm gonna wait till it comes back on Massdrop.

Comment

I just pulled the trigger on a pair of Red Wing Iron Ranger 2nds from Sierra Trading Post... now I get to sit in anxious anticipation that the flaws are minimal. If they are, I'll be very happy. Cost was $160 plus shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by C.Dubs View Post

Edit - photos didn't show as I intended... here's a link. http://imgur.com/gallery/4oOWV
                            Damn, I missed that one. Looks good - clean and simple.

Comment

I just got a pair of black Bloor St. Oxfords that I ordered from Allen Edmonds when they were doing their 2nds sale through their main site. They are basically Park Ave's, but on the 201 last and with a lightly longer toe cap. So far they seem to be in perfect condition and I am wondering if the only reason they were sold as "2nd's" is because they were originally intended to be sold exclusively through Harry Rosen. Anyway, I am super happy with my purchase so far, I have not had time to take pictures of them yet, but I will post them on here once i do.

Comment

First pair of shades that I've spent more than $10 on. Ray Ban New Wayfarers in Matte Tortise and polarized lense.

Comment

Working...
                                X