This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
    After looking for a while, and thanks to [MENTION=12387]rickywin[/MENTION] and the for sale forums here, this watch has found a new home. I'm still waiting for a leather strap to arrive in the mail but until then here's a shot on a NATO I had around the house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Put mine on a blue leather strap by Hadley Roma. Which did you get for it?

http://i.imgur.com/sDWhzTB.jpg

Comment

I ordered a brown leather strap from Clockwork Synergy. Once the postal strike here ends, and the strap arrives, I'll post an updated pics/photo.

Comment

Originally posted by villewill View Post
        Popped into my local J. Crew and found this on sale for $20. Fits great.

https://www.jcrew.com/p/mens_categor...me=amalfi-blue

Great find, a very good deal.
        Eat what is good for your health but
        Wear what is good for your and others eyes

Comment

Gant Sample Sale finds

instagram.com/cutandbasted
          cutandbasted.tumblr.com

Comment

Trying out a light stone-colored cotton suit from Bonobos, courtesy of the current 30% off sale deal.
            Ben

Comment

[MENTION=2341]LesserBlackDog[/MENTION] hopefully yours fits better than they have it shown on the model

Comment

Originally posted by dangerpenguin View Post
                [MENTION=2341]LesserBlackDog[/MENTION] hopefully yours fits better than they have it shown on the model
                I was taken aback by your comment, as Bonobos usually does a reasonable job with matching model to fit... but you're right, that one is visibly rather off! Must have run out of slim fit jackets on shooting day.

https://bonobos.com/bundles/the-foun...short-waist=35

Comment

Should fit great if it fits anything like the khaki cotton jacket I've got from several seasons ago.

I also ordered a bunch of 100% cotton t-shirts from J.Crew Factory. I can't seem to find any decent-fitting cotton t-shirts in town, and I've developed something of an aversion to the more common cotton/poly blends.
                  Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                    I also ordered a bunch of 100% cotton t-shirts from J.Crew Factory. I can't seem to find any decent-fitting cotton t-shirts in town, and I've developed something of an aversion to the more common cotton/poly blends.
                    I ordered a couple more of these. Not too long ago, I got one (blue heathered with a darker blue contrast pocket) to add some more interesting tshirts and the fit turned out to be pretty great. With the sale last week taking others down to $10 a shirt, it was hard to say no to any of the varieties that they still had in my size.

Comment

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
                      I ordered a couple more of these. Not too long ago, I got one (blue heathered with a darker blue contrast pocket) to add some more interesting tshirts and the fit turned out to be pretty great. With the sale last week taking others down to $10 a shirt, it was hard to say no to any of the varieties that they still had in my size.
                      I have one J.Crew broken-in tee that has become my favorite for the fit and weight of the material... though at $30 a pop MSRP they are pretty spendy. I'm hoping the Factory ones are pretty similar.
                      Ben

Comment

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
                        I was taken aback by your comment, as Bonobos usually does a reasonable job with matching model to fit... but you're right, that one is visibly rather off! Must have run out of slim fit jackets on shooting day.

https://bonobos.com/bundles/the-foun...short-waist=35
                        Yeah, they usually pay better attention to detail but it sticks out like a sore thumb when browsing. Reminds me of the pre-tailoring images from Joe's review of JCrew Crosby suiting a while back.

Comment

Got my Bonobos suit. Jacket fits pretty well. I mis-guessed my pants size and would need to exchange if I wanted to keep the suit.

Not sure I'm digging the whole thing as a suit though... the Colonel Sanders vibe is rather strong. I'm contemplating just keeping the jacket, though that is potentially redundant with a khaki cotton jacket I already have.

I went ahead and ordered the seersucker suit as well, just for kicks... I mean, if I find a light-colored cotton suit overly costumey, the odds are slim that I would be able to take myself seriously in baby blue seersucker. But we'll see I guess.
                          Ben

Comment

I finally pulled the trigger on a pair of Common Projects Achilles Low in white. Opumo had a sale and they had my size in stock. I took it as a sign! Common Projects have been talked about so much they're almost passe, but I've received more comments about these then any other recent purchase.

Comment

Bit of a splurge this last couple of weeks. Picked up 3 Spier & Mackay polos in their last deal. Grey is definitely my favorite in terms of fabric feel. It has this really nice brushed cotton thing going on on the inside. Blue is a little stiffer in feel. Ironically, I went with the deal because I've been looking for a white polo, and it turns out it's my least favorite. Fabric doesn't feel as nice as the others. The search continues ....

And I finally bought a light brown linen blazer in Massimo Dutti's in-store sale for $99. This thing is light weight, which is perfect for where I live. Sleeves need tailoring, and I'd like to have it taken in a little at the waist, but overall fit is pretty good OTR. Also want to change the buttons; not crazy about the contrast with the ivory colored ones it has now.

Comment

After a 3 month back order, these finally shipped and made it home. Alden shell gunboats from Jcrew.

http://i.imgur.com/pNbkCKj.jpg?1

Comment

Working...
                                X