This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by devastitis View Post
    Very nice. Which Toyota? My family is a Toyota family. We owned a Jeep in the early 90s, but after numerous issues, my dad bought a Camry and we never looked back.
    RAV4. First new car in 11 years. I am

Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
      RAV4. First new car in 11 years. I am

Very nice! What'd you drive before that?

Comment

Very nice! What'd you drive before that?
        2005 Ford Focus sedan. The RAV is a marked improvement.
        Ben

Comment

2005 Ford Focus sedan. The RAV is a marked improvement.
          It sure is. One thing that I noticed that Toyota does better than most is how smooth the ride is and how quiet the cabin is. Honda doesn't compare to Toyota in this regard, at least the last time I was in the market for a car. Nice buy!

Comment

Toyota is going nuts with their grills lately. Filtering shown from Lexus.

Comment

It sure is. One thing that I noticed that Toyota does better than most is how smooth the ride is and how quiet the cabin is. Honda doesn't compare to Toyota in this regard, at least the last time I was in the market for a car. Nice buy!
              I test-drove the CRV plus the Outback and Forester. I thought the CRV would be a real contender but not after driving it - not only was the ride not as good as the others, but the interior felt cheap and the center console area was set up really strangely.

Came down to the Outback or the RAV4... went with the Toyota in part due to its reputation for reliability and in part because everyone and their grandmother drives a Subie in this mountain town. I heard about a 2016 Outback recall on the radio yesterday so I think I made the right choice.
              Ben

Comment

I test-drove the CRV plus the Outback and Forester. I thought the CRV would be a real contender but not after driving it - not only was the ride not as good as the others, but the interior felt cheap and the center console area was set up really strangely.

Came down to the Outback or the RAV4... went with the Toyota in part due to its reputation for reliability and in part because everyone and their grandmother drives a Subie in this mountain town. I heard about a 2016 Outback recall on the radio yesterday so I think I made the right choice.
                Yup, certainly seems like Subarus are on a steep upward trend. I see a lot more WRXs and Foresters, than before, with a few friends trading in their Toyotas/Hondas for Subaru. I also considered a WRX/Acura TL-SH over my current car when I was shopping, but I went with the more comfortable/quieter option, as performance was no longer the biggest factor for me. Also, as you stated, the interior was also cleaner styled in my current car, than the other two (too aggressive for my tastes). Great choice.

Comment

I heard about a 2016 Outback recall on the radio yesterday so I think I made the right choice.
                  Recalls are just part of the game with cars. There are so many components that something is inevitably going to fail at a higher than expected rate and trigger a recall. I don't think I've ever owned a car that had zero recalls.

With that said, I'm sure you will enjoy the Rav4.

Comment

I am more worried when automakers don't have any recalls.

Comment

I have some awesome buys I want to share... but how do I post pics from my computer?

Comment

Upload to imgur first, my man.
                        [MENTION=15491]Mr.Awesome[/MENTION]
                        Last edited by Terminado; May 15, 2016, 01:05 AM.
                        Duncan

I know my username is dumb; blame 12 year old me.

Comment

Blue Neumoks. Just ordered today, should be here soon. My chili 5th avenues arrive monday.
                          https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

Just ordered several items today... I finally got me a Ludlow Summer weight Cotton-Linen Blazer in Deep Water in my size, several Nordstrom white pinpoint dress shirts, NYSCollection Stanton sunglasses in silver-black/smoke, and Ultimate Slim Lightweight Built-In-Flex Khakis in San Francisco Sky.

Comment

Just eBayed my 2nd pair of used Allen Edmonds... hopefully these are as nice as the Fifth Avenues I eBayed earlier this year!

A pair of Byrons in black. I don't wear black shoes often so I didn't want to spend much, this seemed to be just the pair I needed.
                              $56.

Here are the Fifth Avenues I got for $70:

Comment

Originally posted by drzenitram View Post
                                Just eBayed my 2nd pair of used Allen Edmonds... hopefully these are as nice as the Fifth Avenues I eBayed earlier this year!

A pair of Byrons in black. I don't wear black shoes often so I didn't want to spend much, this seemed to be just the pair I needed.
                                $56.

Here are the Fifth Avenues I got for $70:
                                Is there a difference between the Byron and Fifth Ave? Look near identical to me (outside color, obviously)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X