Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bought the last pair of Daltons in Bourbon size 9EEE. Width is a tad bit wide, not awful. Length is good. I think It'll be just fine with an added insole.

http://imgur.com/a/V4r1Z

Comment

Realized how much I really wanted a Harrington jacket while reading the thread about the Target version after thinking they were mostly just my dad's jacket... Ended up not being able to settle for anything but the original.

Right after work after picking it up:

With a CT shirt, bottom half of a JCF Thompson in grey worsted, chili AE Fifth Aves

After changing:

JCF henley, Gustin jeans, Quoddy chukkas

Comment

App not letting me edit...Went with the non-navy "petrol blue" from Stuart's of London, possibly the same thing as "utility blue" seen on J. Crew and elsewhere? Color is spot-on. Also, free FedEx two-day shipping.

Comment

Thought it easier to just show purchases from the last month or so collectively (and make a lame first effort at creating a "grid")

1. Two henleys and a Tee from CivilianAire from their recent sale. Henleys were MSR $75 and got them for $19 each. Tee was MSR $45 and got it for $10. The fit and feel of the fabric on all of them are great, but the fit of T-shirt really impresses me; wish I had picked up a couple of more now.

2. Sperry Slip Ons: MSR $60, got them for $20. Needed a pair of beater shoes for around the water

3. Bass "Handcrafted" Hampton II boat shoes: Old stock/thrifted for $20. My trusty old Sperrys finally had a blow out. Can't complain after 5 years of abuse. Thought I'd try Bass, especially at this price. Shoes were new with the sale tag still stuck on the sole. They're on sale now at the Bass Outlet for $60

4. Timberland Coulter 9 eyelet: MSR was something like $400, but I've seen them on sale for around $140 now. Got them for $70. I'm the first to admit they were an impulse buy just because they fit well and the price was right. But I live in a hot climate and the leather is THICK, so chances to wear them are few and far between. I'm expecting a looonnnggg break in time for these.

5. Blundstones: Got them on sale for $129. I posted in another thread that a I needed something to replace a pair of Born Hemlocks I had had for almost 7 years, and I went with these. I'd heard that Blundstones really take some breaking in, and so far that's been my experience. Length is good, but they are quite tight across the vamp. But they get more comfortable each day, so no complaints; I knew what I was in for going with Blundstones.

6. AEO Jeans: Wanted a pair of more traditional looking "broken in" jeans for weekend use, and these were on sale for $35.00. Fit well and I was actually surprised at the weight of the denim.

Okay, I'm off to lock the credit card in the safe ...

Comment

I went on a bit of a binge to refresh my "work uniform"

1 pair of JCF Bedford wool pants, grey
            1 pair of JCF Bedford wool pants, navy
            1 pair JCF Sutton chinos, light grey (vintage I think they call it)
            2 JCF OCBD (white, pink)
            2 JCF Voyager mini-gingham dress shirts (bright baltic, navy)

Nordstrom 1901 'Lewiston' wingtip

8 Stafford trim fit shorts with button collar including:
            blue, lavender, white, lavender stripe, blue stripe, blue tattersal, lavender tattersal, lavender/blue mini-tattersal

Merona brown leather woven belt
            Local natural finish leather belt

Seiko 5 SNKL43 and buffalo pattern Hadley Roma strap
            Vostok no-date Amphibia 120
            Casio MTP1370 and MTP1381 (not on purpose but hey, now I have a backup)

and a new item for my EDC, a CRKT Swindle knife

Comment

Nice pickups. Pics of the SNKL43 on the strap? That's a (far) back burner project for me since seeing this picture.

Yup, I'd even go croc grain even though I'm not a yuge fan of it.

Comment

With the warm spring weather taunting me, I've been browsing lots of swim trunks for summer. Splurged on these Birdwell X RVCA trunks... at least to try on, not sure if I'll keep them.

Ben

Comment

Originally posted by JohnG View Post
                  Thought it easier to just show purchases from the last month or so collectively (and make a lame first effort at creating a "grid")

1. Two henleys and a Tee from CivilianAire from their recent sale. Henleys were MSR $75 and got them for $19 each. Tee was MSR $45 and got it for $10. The fit and feel of the fabric on all of them are great, but the fit of T-shirt really impresses me; wish I had picked up a couple of more now.

2. Sperry Slip Ons: MSR $60, got them for $20. Needed a pair of beater shoes for around the water

3. Bass "Handcrafted" Hampton II boat shoes: Old stock/thrifted for $20. My trusty old Sperrys finally had a blow out. Can't complain after 5 years of abuse. Thought I'd try Bass, especially at this price. Shoes were new with the sale tag still stuck on the sole. They're on sale now at the Bass Outlet for $60

4. Timberland Coulter 9 eyelet: MSR was something like $400, but I've seen them on sale for around $140 now. Got them for $70. I'm the first to admit they were an impulse buy just because they fit well and the price was right. But I live in a hot climate and the leather is THICK, so chances to wear them are few and far between. I'm expecting a looonnnggg break in time for these.

5. Blundstones: Got them on sale for $129. I posted in another thread that a I needed something to replace a pair of Born Hemlocks I had had for almost 7 years, and I went with these. I'd heard that Blundstones really take some breaking in, and so far that's been my experience. Length is good, but they are quite tight across the vamp. But they get more comfortable each day, so no complaints; I knew what I was in for going with Blundstones.

6. AEO Jeans: Wanted a pair of more traditional looking "broken in" jeans for weekend use, and these were on sale for $35.00. Fit well and I was actually surprised at the weight of the denim.

Okay, I'm off to lock the credit card in the safe ...
                  I like the grid similar to how dieworkwear displays combinations. http://dieworkwear.com/post/14086808...neering-anorak

Comment

Originally posted by Rocco View Post
                    Nice pickups. Pics of the SNKL43 on the strap? That's a (far) back burner project for me since seeing this picture.

That was actually one of my inspirations for the purchase. I already have a crock so I went "buffalo". I like the look but I have to get used to the size. Fairly small watch for me.

Comment

Originally posted by idvsego View Post
                      That was actually one of my inspirations for the purchase. I already have a crock so I went "buffalo". I like the look but I have to get used to the size. Fairly small watch for me.
                      Looks good to me :thumbup:

Comment

Two henleys from CivilianAire from their recent sale.
                        Any chance you could post a picture of the henleys laid out flat with measurements? Wishing I had ordered them when I had them in my cart--their store is down now. Looks like I can still can them somewhat reasonably priced (though not as cheap) from Nordstroms, and I'm still searching for a great fitting henley.

Comment

Originally posted by connersw View Post
                          Any chance you could post a picture of the henleys laid out flat with measurements? Wishing I had ordered them when I had them in my cart--their store is down now. Looks like I can still can them somewhat reasonably priced (though not as cheap) from Nordstroms, and I'm still searching for a great fitting henley.
                          No problem. I will try to get the pics up this afternoon

Comment

[MENTION=13775]connersw[/MENTION] Here you go:

Measurements:
                            Top of shoulder seam to top of shoulder seam: 18.5"
                            Chest (armpit to armpit): 21"
                            Sleeve (top of shoulder seam to bottom of cuff): 25.5"
                            Length (back of collar to hem): 27.5"

I'm a pretty standard medium, and the shirt fits great: not baggy, but definitely not skin tight.

Just to add:
                            [MENTION=12021]idvsego[/MENTION]: that Seiko looks great!
                            [MENTION=8245]ninpb[/MENTION]: Thanks, I was inspired by another thread to check out Instragram, which is a whole world of style grids. So I thought I'd give it a shot with my limited photography skills, just for fun.

Comment

Just to add:
                              [MENTION=12021]idvsego[/MENTION]: that Seiko looks great!
                              Thanks. Once I put it in my watchbox it did highlight that I have a strong preference to contrasting stitching on my leather straps. I need to branch out I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocco View Post

Now that is a nice watch. Yours perhaps? Any details to go with it?

Comment

Working...
                                X