This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by devastitis View Post
    Wow, that's a steal. Any idea how often the seconds sale comes around, and what made them seconds?
    It's roughly monthly. You just need to call the Shoemart and get on their mailing list for your size. They'll send you a list of what's available periodically. It's approximately monthly, but sometimes they don't send anything out for 2-3 months.

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
      It's roughly monthly. You just need to call the Shoemart and get on their mailing list for your size. They'll send you a list of what's available periodically. It's approximately monthly, but sometimes they don't send anything out for 2-3 months.
      Yup! Thanks, but I'm already on the list heh. Haven't received a list in what seems to be a while.

Comment

100% Wool Made in America Watch Cap

Picked this up in January at an Army/Navy store to replace an acrylic toboggan that went missing. Here's the stats: 100% wool, made in USA, <$10. It has some kind of connection to DoD issued goods but that's really unimportant.

The wool is not high quality, but after a little bit of wear it starts to feel pretty great. Great deal for what you get.

Comment

Banana Republic's leather briefcase Joe recently reviewed.
          Leather is very "buttery" as they say. Really fine quality leather. A bit thin and without much structure as you can see. I wish it had more structure and more internal pockets, but that's a common gripe for briefcases of this style.
          The shoulder strap is mainly a nylon material, very similar to a thick seat belt; but the pad on the strap is leather.

Comment

Originally posted by devastitis View Post
            Yup! Thanks, but I'm already on the list heh. Haven't received a list in what seems to be a while.
            There were emails from shoemart last week. What you get?!

Comment

Originally posted by ninpb View Post
              There were emails from shoemart last week. What you get?!
              I didn't get anything for 9D. Heard some shell boots made it, but not in my size. I just went back to TSM and added myself to the 8.5D/8.5E/9E/9.5D seconds list.

Comment

Just purchased an Oris Aquis Diver in blue. Huge upgrade over my Tissot PRC 200. I did a lot of research before buying and strongly considered Christopher Ward but liked the look of the Oris much more. Oris might be creeping out of the Dappered comfort zone on price but they have a great reputation as far as value and quality (at least a lot of watch forums say so ).

It's on the bigger side at 43mm but wears smaller. Bracelet is absolutely fantastic - both from a comfort and aesthetics standpoint. Blue is not bright but more understated.

[IMG]
                [/IMG]
                [IMG][/IMG]
                [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Been looking for a simple sneaker in tan suede or leather... wasn't really finding anything I liked at a reasonable price point until I saw these suede numbers from Vans for $65.

Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                    Been looking for a simple sneaker in tan suede or leather... wasn't really finding anything I liked at a reasonable price point until I saw these suede numbers from Vans for $65.

Those are really nice!

Comment

Waiting on the Gustin Stan Smiths and just pulled the trigger on a pair of Jcrew Killshots, so I'm good on the sneaker front.

Comment

Originally posted by DuFrank View Post
                        Banana Republic's leather briefcase Joe recently reviewed.
                        Leather is very "buttery" as they say. Really fine quality leather. A bit thin and without much structure as you can see. I wish it had more structure and more internal pockets, but that's a common gripe for briefcases of this style.
                        The shoulder strap is mainly a nylon material, very similar to a thick seat belt; but the pad on the strap is leather.
                        Nice! I picked one up for myself during the friends & family event and am really pleased with it -- large upgrade from the worn down messenger bag I was still carrying. The store manager at my BR had all leather bags incorrectly marked as BR Picks and looked pretty pissed when I proved her wrong.

Comment

I snagged one of the last generation Brooks Brothers OCBDs for ~$50 after the "preferred customers" discount and a $20 gift card I got for taking an online survey. Hopefully it lives up it's lofty reputation, i've burned through a couple of cheaper options (Uniqlo and J. Crew) relatively quickly.

Comment

What an amazing sight to come home to. I was undecided between the Carlyles and the 5th avenues. In person I absolutely love the Carlyles. I was worried about some of the Bourbon horror stores that I've read on here, but I think it looks solid on both pairs.

Comment

Was able to snag a long desired pair of Woolrich Yankee boots in Buckskin (unlined) for $130 from Shoes.com...very happy with the price and the boots arrived in just a couple days. Love the color...look awesome with dark denim!

Comment

Originally posted by Olivia Willow
                                Hi all, if any 18-25 year olds have a few spare minutes to help a poor fashion student from the UK out with her dissertation I would really appreciate it! I'm writing about the growth of the menswear industry and would love to hear your opinions, as everyone seems really vocal about what they like/dont like. Thank you so much for your time!

https://olivia114.typeform.com/to/Z2HXx4
                                What does this have to do with Recent Purchases?

Comment

Working...
                                X