X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuxedo fitting from yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Doctor View Post

My love affair with Loake 1880 continues as my Hyde boots have finally arrived from Pediwear.
      All my footwear for work are Loake 1880. I really like them.

Comment

My love affair with Loake 1880 continues as my Hyde boots have finally arrived from Pediwear.
        Very nice. And wow, so much better than the stock photo. http://www.pediwear.co.uk/loake/products/7343.php

Comment

I bought a pair of awesome cufflinks here http://www.tiesncuffs.com.au/collect...ised-cufflinks a couple of weeks ago.

Don't be afraid of dressing up...please.

Comment

Originally posted by Matchbook View Post
            I just received these in the mail:

I picked these up because, even though I already have a pair of these, I can't bring myself to do "boot" things in them. Also, as much as I absolutely love them, not just for their aesthetics, but also for their comfort, my Aldens come across far too dressy a lot of the times for me...I think it's the damn brass eyelets. Anyways, so I picked up these moc-toe 9030 Beckmans from Amazon. No sale...just used some rewards points to bring the price down. The seller I got them from was The Shoe Rack. Fast shipping. Ordered them on Sunday, got them Thursday from NY.

These have actually been discontinued by Red Wing, so if you're looking to pick up a boot that's similar to the Alden aesthetic without the price tag, these would be it. They have limited sizing left on Amazon from the Shoe Rack in Antique Cigar, but black (9029) appears to be readily available. The difference between the two would be that the Red Wings feel like they were built to take a beating. Like, a REAL beating. The leather on this isn't the soft, pliable, and supple Horween Chromexcel you get with the Aldens; it's tough. My Aldens required no break-in. These are definitely going to need a break in, so I'll probably wear these on the daily for a few weeks. These are also darker in person than in the photos.

On sizing, these have a slimmer profile than my Aldens and are actually more sleek. I'm a true 8D and the 8D fits true to size...wearing thick socks is going to be VERY snug...so, unlike other Red Wing models I've read about, you're going to want to stay TTS when ordering these if you can find them. You may even want to size up half a size if you plan on wearing super thick socks. Def if you wear insoles.

Pros:

- Alden aesthetic at Red Wing prices.
            - Solid, and I mean solid construction.
            - Lug sole.
            - Waxed laces are VERY substantial. These won't be breaking like Alden ones.
            - Very sleek. A happy medium between a dressy and rugged.

Cons:

- Waxed laces are so waxy that they're a pain in the ass. Might loosen up as the boots break in.
            - Boot throat is tight, so getting them on and off is a bit of a pain. Would be perfect for speed hooks.
            - Still expensive.
            - Good luck finding your sizing in brown.
            - Now I need to bring myself to beat them up and do boot things in them...which is why I bought them. :-/
            I've fancies a pair of these for a long time now - are they as good as everyone says they are?
            Tim Hardy
            Handmade English Bridle Leather Belts
            The Worcestershire Leather Company

Comment

Orient Mako USA from Island Watch during their most recent sale and my new 40% off the sale price Brooks Brothers Regent "346" Corduroy sport coat from BB Factory Outlet.

Woodward

Comment

Went on a tie buying spree! Mostly eBay. Got about 20. Picked up several BB, a few from The Knottery, Hart Schaffner Marx, three from Drakes, Alexander Olch, RL Black Label, Lord and Taylor, and Barney's.

Comment

http://i.imgur.com/aHtBeR7.jpg?1

Blue laces from Benjos for my Aldens.

Comment

Originally posted by devastitis View Post
                    http://i.imgur.com/aHtBeR7.jpg?1

Blue laces from Benjos for my Aldens.
                    Benjos are awesome. I've got laces from them in several pairs of boots.

Comment

Benjos are awesome. I've got laces from them in several pairs of boots.
                      Did you get the dress boot laces or the dress shoe laces? I'm wondering what the length is for the dress shoe laces, because it has some colors I want that the dress boot laces don't have.

Comment

Originally posted by Leanderthal View Post
                        Went on a tie buying spree! Mostly eBay. Got about 20. Picked up several BB, a few from The Knottery, Hart Schaffner Marx, three from Drakes, Alexander Olch, RL Black Label, Lord and Taylor, and Barney's.
                        I am just now looking at this. What is the tie on the top row, 4 in from the left, red leaves? For some reason I have in mind a weird tie like this. I tried to get some Kenzo ties on eBay but the price ended up being ridiculous for trying out the pattern.

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
                          I am just now looking at this. What is the tie on the top row, 4 in from the left, red leaves? For some reason I have in mind a weird tie like this. I tried to get some Kenzo ties on eBay but the price ended up being ridiculous for trying out the pattern.
                          It's a Drakes. The pattern is oak leaves. It's the same one I posted in WIWT from this past Sunday. I thought it looked goofy at first, but once I put it on the pattern settled down and I actually really liked it. One of my new favorites!

Comment

I recently picked up this Sterlingwear peacoat for LLBean from the LLBean website last week at 50% off. Normally it's $250 I believe and I was able to snag it for $125. It was only at that price for that day (or maybe less). Looks like it's sold out now.

It is much thicker than my JCF one so I'll be keeping this and listing the JCF one in BST. The JCF peacoat was a more tailored fit. This one although in a Small (I'm normally an M) is looser on me and it has much more room all the way through the sleeves.

Not sure what the heck I'm going to do with a jacket this thick in Houston, but maybe there'll be 1 day each winter when I'll get to wear it.

Comment

Vibergs in Natural Waxed Flesh dropped today on Notre. Grabbed a 8.5 and 9 to test sizing, and will keep the best fitting one.

Comment

Last week I traded watches with TMann and received an Orient Symphony (black dial). Really liked it so I ordered a couple more. Waiting on one of the new Makos (blue dial with no date pusher) and a Flight (black dial). Keeping my eyes peeled for a good deal on a Bambino v1.

Comment

Working...
                                X