This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by waanderluster View Post
    so hi everyone, im just trying to find a perfect gift for my boyfie for valentines. He just graduated and starting to work for a firm so i wanted to gt him a suit.
    what do u think about this --> http://www.luulla.com/product/445974...-for-father-bf
    do u think he will like it? sorry just dk where should i gt advice from.
    If this was me, I wouldn't like black. I wouldn't like any suit that comes in S/M/L/XL because of the unpredictable shoulder fit.

Try something he could use an upgrade on that doesn't have to fit so precisely. A wallet, watch, wool dress socks, undershirts (try ribbed tee or Mr. Porter), tie, pocket square... none of those things really have to "fit" to look good, they can be approximate. Unless you have his size dialed in, I would avoid coats, pants, dress shirts, and especially shoes.

Comment

Sorry, i'm still new here and i do not know any of the rules.
      We are still undergraduates and he is working as an intern. Besides, this is the very first time im getting a Valentines gift so i might be too desperate. I really appreciate all the advices you have gave me. Perhaps I can get him a tie

Comment

Thanks a lot ! After browsing all the comment I guess suit is just a bad idea. I appreciate all your advices perhaps I will get him a tie and wallet.

Comment

Originally posted by waanderluster View Post
          Thanks a lot ! After browsing all the comment I guess suit is just a bad idea. I appreciate all your advices perhaps I will get him a tie and wallet.
          Can't go wrong with that.

Comment

Checked off Timex and cushion case from my list with this guy:

$40 from eBay, like-new condition.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocco View Post

That is nice, good choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocco View Post

Is that a new or a vintage model?

Comment

I really didn't mean to spend much money during this trip to Milan but my luggage didn't make it here and I am supposed to meet some important people. Ader Milano is a.w.e.s.o.m.e. and they were even awesomer (yes I said it) for tailoring the suit for me and have it ready for my presentation tomorrow.

Also visiting the Velasca shop and buying a pair of shoes was a very nice experience.

I hope they find my suitcase or else the spending will continue and my wife will leave me.

Comment

Originally posted by doomx View Post
                    I really didn't mean to spend much money during this trip to Milan but my luggage didn't make it here and I am supposed to meet some important people. Ader Milano is a.w.e.s.o.m.e. and they were even awesomer (yes I said it) for tailoring the suit for me and have it ready for my presentation tomorrow.

Also visiting the Velasca shop and buying a pair of shoes was a very nice experience.

I hope they find my suitcase or else the spending will continue and my wife will leave me.

Comment

Beautiful pattern on that jacket! Is that a Birdseye or hopsack? Something else?

Comment

Originally posted by mmgfarb View Post
                        Beautiful pattern on that jacket! Is that a Birdseye or hopsack? Something else?
                        More hopsack than anything else. Wool cashmere from ethomas.

Comment

More hopsack than anything else. Wool cashmere from ethomas.
                          Oh wow, that's got to be amazing.

Comment

Oh wow, that's got to be amazing.
                            It is. Suitsupply outlet prices made in Italy [emoji41]

Comment

It is. Suitsupply outlet prices made in Italy [emoji41]
                              Jealous is the one word that comes to mind right now. I don't plan on being in Milan anytime soon but one day. It's definitely up there on the list. [emoji1]

Comment

Jealous is the one word that comes to mind right now. I don't plan on being in Milan anytime soon but one day. It's definitely up there on the list. [emoji1]
                                Today's finds.
                                All from AD56 Milan.

Comment

Working...
                                X