Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I put some conditioner on them and then some Huberds boot wax. They looked really dried out when I got them. The image almost looks suede but they are smooth leather.

I have the ubiquitous Chippewa cordovan-color boots as well, but the gumlite sole on these is more comfortable. Probably wears out quicker but we'll see. I sized down another half size in these over the cordovans, I am in between a 10 and 10.5 in dress shoes, and I got these in 9 and they fit perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by tdiep View Post
      Holy cow H&M cheap blazer. Had to come to a Apple Store to charge my phone to post. They only had 36 and 38

http://imgur.com/gallery/1yy2z
      http://imgur.com/a/mri9f
      Non-functioning sleeve buttons I hope....
      Measurement Reference: 5'11" 185lbs 40R 32x32

Comment

so hi everyone, im just trying to find a perfect gift for my boyfie for valentines. He just graduated and starting to work for a firm so i wanted to gt him a suit.
        what do u think about this --> http://www.luulla.com/product/445974...-for-father-bf
        do u think he will like it? sorry just dk where should i gt advice from.

Comment

Boyfie? Is that a thing now?

On topic, I wouldn't want to receive a suit from my SO that says father/bf suit, so probably not.

First of all, do you know his exact size? Chest/shoulders/waist/etc measurements? Second, what is your price range? Third, and I say this as respectfully as possible, please type like an adult if you want to be taken seriously.

Comment

Nice suit, good shade and style
            Eat what is good for your health but
            Wear what is good for your and others eyes

Comment

Originally posted by devastitis View Post
              Third, and I say this as respectfully as possible, please type like an adult if you want to be taken seriously.
              Exactly. If you can't take the time to actually add in vowels and fully write out words like 'you', then I can't take the time to click on the link in your post.

Remember - nothing important has ever been typed with anyone's thumbs.
              Last edited by Vicious49; February 1, 2016, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fiftyforfifty View Post
                Nice suit, good shade and style
                Wow, so now you go from stuffing you're companies shirts down our throats to giving bad advice? At least have the decency to write more than six words.

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                Remember - nothing intelligent has ever been typed with anyone's thumbs.
                To be fair, I think there are over 5,000 members of dappered threads who use tapatalk in which case everything they write here would be with their thumbs but I get your point.
                [MENTION=15118]waanderluster[/MENTION] On the question over whether or not that would make a good gift? To be very candid, no it wouldn't.
                1. How much into style and clothing is your BF? If he is into his clothes, then I don't think he'd appreciate a cheap suit (in black no less) which probably won't fit him very well, that he'll feel obliged to wear because his GF gave it to him.
                2. As I just mentioned, it's black, black suits are almost never worn besides for at funerals and at black tie in which case you would preferably wear a tux not a black suit.
                3. It's a cheap suit. No two ways around it. Finding a good quality suit for around $250 is hard and I'm assuming if you're going to spend that amount on a Valentine's Day gift, you want it to be something substantial that'll last.

So, now that I just knocked down your gift idea, here are some other ideas of what you could give your BF.
                1. Does he have a nice dress watch? For a round $250-$300 you can get a pretty nice watch that'll last him for quite a while. You can check out orient, they'll have some good options. http://orientwatchusa.com/ Just don't forget to find a coupon code for at least 30% off, there are plenty of them floating around.
                2. You mentioned he just started working at a firm so how about a gift card to get himself some custom shirts. http://www.spierandmackay.com/select_measure.php
                3. Maybe he already has a nice collection of ties, but if not, starting him off with some beautiful well made ones is not a bad a idea. http://bergbergstore.com/accessories/ties.html

There are of coarse other options for all three ideas. Decide what you want to give him and spend some time to find the right place to ask for advice on this forum. There are a lot of nice people perfectly willing to give advice to newbies but you have to be respectful. If you want people to take the time to answer your questions, show that you took the time to do basic research and type a normal post. Remember this isn't Instagram or Twitter, this is real life here.

Comment

Got this Mt. Rainier Designs light parka off ebay. 60/40 cotton/nylon. The silver buttons are not usually my style but I went for it. Glad I did.
                  I was inspired by this putthison article.

me (navy)

stock photo (green)

Comment

Finally got my new watch acquisition in this morning, an Omega Speedmaster Professional 3572.50 (discontinued Hesalite front / sapphire display back combo). Pre-owned 98 vintage, I love the patina on it, as its one of the last runs with the tritium lume (vs superluminova) on the dial. Plan to put it on a leather strap when I get home last tonight.

cc: [MENTION=13399]DocDave[/MENTION] [MENTION=2341]LesserBlackDog[/MENTION] [MENTION=3421]Vicious49[/MENTION] for those I've spoken to on the watch

Comment

Just got a Sienna suit off ebay. I took it to a B&M store in Miami for alterations yesterday. It's been less then 24 hours and it's already done. I had the jacket waist taken in, the pants hemmed and the pants waist and seat taken in. Obviously I'm gonna wait to give full praise until I make sure it was done correctly but the turnaround time is ridiculous, and on a Sunday no less. Prices were very reasonable too although I think I got robbed on some ludlow pants I got slimmed.

Comment

[MENTION=2622]hornsup84[/MENTION] Sweet watch! Best of luck with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Shade View Post
                          [MENTION=2622]hornsup84[/MENTION] Sweet watch! Best of luck with it.
                          +1 That is a beautiful watch!

Comment

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
                            Very nice. My Tintin (getting lots of wear recently) says hi:

If I make a big purchase this year it will probably end up being a birth year watch, either a classic Speedy Pro or a Rolex DJ.
                            Ben

Comment

[MENTION=2622]hornsup84[/MENTION] damn nice watch! Well done sir.

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                                If I make a big purchase this year it will probably end up being a birth year watch, either a classic Speedy Pro or a Rolex DJ
                                Thanks everyone, I'm very excited to have gotten it in! This one hit a lot of things I wanted and I think will nicely compliment my daily wear Rolex SD4k. It adds a "vintage"/patina'd (without being so old it's difficult to service or source parts), display back, Omega and chronograph to my small collection. I plan on wearing it on a brown leather strap from B&R to make it a change-up from my SD4k's stainless bracelet. I didn't have time this morning to make the switch (I'm breaking out the painters tape and Bergeon tool to do it right), but will post pics once I get it on the strap.

Comment

Working...
                                X