Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recent Purchases

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Looks great!

    Comment


      My first Bonobos purchase. https://bonobos.com/products/crossto...ber?color=navy

      I wear a sweater for the office since I'm right next to the server room. This looks thicker than many of the cardigans I see on JCrew.

      Comment


        Originally posted by ninpb View Post
        I wear a sweater for the office since I'm right next to the server room.
        I don't quite understand this. My server room is usually warmer than the office. Is this server room also used to chill drinks?

        Comment


          Originally posted by ianmichaelray View Post
          I don't quite understand this. My server room is usually warmer than the office. Is this server room also used to chill drinks?
          I presume they've got mad AC running to deal with the server-generated heat.
          Ben

          Comment


            Originally posted by ianmichaelray View Post
            I don't quite understand this. My server room is usually warmer than the office. Is this server room also used to chill drinks?
            I don't know why your server room is warm or what you mean by warm but let's say ours is 70. AC has to keep pumping air that is significantly less than 70. 50, 60, 65? I guess it's not the best insulation or construction design so I get a lot of the cold air transferred to my cube. And yes, 65 is cold for me.

            Comment


              Originally posted by ninpb View Post
              I don't know why your server room is warm or what you mean by warm but let's say ours is 70. AC has to keep pumping air that is significantly less than 70. 50, 60, 65? I guess it's not the best insulation or construction design so I get a lot of the cold air transferred to my cube. And yes, 65 is cold for me.
              Wow. That's like leaving the refrigerator open.

              Comment


                Originally posted by ianmichaelray View Post
                I don't quite understand this. My server room is usually warmer than the office. Is this server room also used to chill drinks?
                Server rooms should not be warm. They should have lots of cooling in there to keep everything from overheating. Usually you won't feel most of that outside the server room though but I guess in his case they must have bad insulation or something.

                Comment


                  Got home today and had a package. I picked up a pair of close out J&M Clayton monk straps for cheap. Not hi end, but look good and are comfy. Plus if I destroy them at work it won't make me cry.


                  Comment


                    Originally posted by DMB View Post
                    Got home today and had a package. I picked up a pair of close out J&M Clayton monk straps for cheap. Not hi end, but look good and are comfy. Plus if I destroy them at work it won't make me cry.


                    Those are really nice. How much did you pay for them?

                    Comment


                      I think they were originally $200 and I paid around $140 maybe.

                      Comment


                        went a little boot-crazy lately. Ordered these around Thanksgiving and just got them in Tuesday. LL Bean said they would be available early January but it took them forever to sort and ship.



                        Ordered these from Cabela's for 90 bucks shipped and got them today. Tan Chippewa Rodeos. Need some worksite boots, but these are almost too nice.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by ianmichaelray View Post
                          I don't quite understand this. My server room is usually warmer than the office. Is this server room also used to chill drinks?
                          That's shameful. Server rooms are typically kept quite cool. The kind of cool that gets uncomfortable if you're in there for more than an hour and you're not doing any heavy lifting.

                          Picked up another JCP Stafford Harris Tweed in herringbone "grey" for $30(CND).

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by JGL View Post
                            That's shameful. Server rooms are typically kept quite cool. The kind of cool that gets uncomfortable if you're in there for more than an hour and you're not doing any heavy lifting.

                            Picked up another JCP Stafford Harris Tweed in herringbone "grey" for $30(CND).
                            I won't drag this out any further, but the ideal temperature of an office server room is low-70s fahrenheit, but can go up to 80 without much issue. If it is colder than that, whoever set the thermostat isn't doing it correctly. If cold air is blowing into someone's work space, whoever set up the room didn't do it correctly.
                            Last edited by ianr; January 28, 2016, 10:58 PM.

                            Comment


                              Holy cow H&M cheap blazer. Had to come to a Apple Store to charge my phone to post. They only had 36 and 38


                              http://imgur.com/gallery/1yy2z
                              http://imgur.com/a/mri9f

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Alpha King View Post
                                Ordered these from Cabela's for 90 bucks shipped and got them today. Tan Chippewa Rodeos. Need some worksite boots, but these are almost too nice.

                                I'm assuming those are these: http://www.cabelas.com/product/chipp...ts/1931713.uts Correct?

                                Did you treat them or are they just darker than the stock image?

                                I have that boot in the Chocolate color. The shape is a little wider and shorter in the toe box than the Service Boot/Aldo/J.Crew version, but an incredibly comfortable boot. And an incredible deal at $90 shipped with code 16WINTER.

                                I replaced the skinny laces on mine with these flat waxed ones: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o03_s00

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X