This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mmgfarb View Post
    Both of those should work really well. Post a WIWT.
    I've thought about posting there, but can't get a decent selfie....

Comment

Originally posted by ryan_betts View Post
      I've thought about posting there, but can't get a decent selfie....
      No worries, the picture quality doesn't have to be great. If you don't feel comfortable than don't, it's just a nice way to receive feedback on your outfits.
      (And I wanna see that sport coat in use[emoji4])

Comment

No worries, the picture quality doesn't have to be great. If you don't feel comfortable than don't, it's just a nice way to receive feedback on your outfits.
        (And I wanna see that sport coat in use[emoji4])
        No worries. I'll try and post. I would like feedback. Just literally can't get a picture to show the clothes the right way.

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
          These finally showed up so I decided to take a couple pics this morning.

Those look great!
          Measurement Reference: 5'11" 185lbs 40R 32x32

Comment

Bought new sneakers on a bit of a whim. I've kind of wanted something in this style for a while, though.

I'm headed out of state for trial this week - to North Dakota, no less - and since I'll be taking black shoes, belt, and watch to wear with suits, I thought "wouldn't it be convenient to have a pair of black casual shoes to wear on the flight out, the drive back, in the evenings, etc...."

My dog approves the color scheme.
            Ben

Comment

Just got these in this morning. Loake Worton "country brogue" derbies. I was looking for an interesting year-round workhorse that could pull duty with anything from flannel trousers in the winter to sockless with lightweight chinos in the summer or jeans whenever and I think these are right on the nose. Definitely bulkier than my standard dress shoes (AE 65 last) but it works well in a shoe for this purpose. This is my third pair of Loakes and I have to say I'm hooked and glad I went with these over the similarly red Dainite-soled Strandmoks that were also in the running. That's especially true considering I got these for Ā£146 on sale, compared to the $250 sale price on the Strandmoks.

Comment

[MENTION=7367]Snake Doctor[/MENTION] - How did you initially figure out your Loake sizing? I have been tempted by them but cannot find much in terms of sizing recommendations.

Comment

[MENTION=7367]Snake Doctor[/MENTION] - How did you initially figure out your Loake sizing? I have been tempted by them but cannot find much in terms of sizing recommendations.
                  For me with most British brands I size down 1 full size. I'm a US9 and a UK8. That's worked for me so far with Alfred Sargent, Churchs, Loake, and some others. The only one that I've found so far to be really tricky in sizing is Trickers. But their shoes are really bulky and not something I preferred.

Speaking of Church's, I picked up a pair of Churchs Sahara chukkas in a mud suede color with a Dainite sole during the Herring sale a few weeks ago. Basically these:

Comment

Recent Purchases

I was fortunate to be sized by one of the employees at a Loake shop when I was last in London in the spring. I generally agree with [MENTION=3421]Vicious49[/MENTION] in terms of sizing down one. I generally wear a 9.5D in the AE 65 last, but went with a 9F in the two pairs of shoes I have on the Loake 026 last. I found it ran a little narrower than the AE's, but also because I had a fair amount of additional padding installed under the insole of my black semi-brogues to make them more comfortable for standing/walking for long hours in (law enforcement), and with my Kempton chukkas I intended to wear them with thicker wool socks as opposed to dress socks. For these I sized down a full size because they're built on a wider last (G width) and I intend to wear them with socks of a regular thickness. Hope this helps, but I guess as with everything YMMV!
                    [MENTION=3421]Vicious49[/MENTION] Those chukkas are gorgeous. How much did you pick them up for?

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Doctor View Post
                      [MENTION=3421]Vicious49[/MENTION] Those chukkas are gorgeous. How much did you pick them up for?
                      Thanks. I wanted something a bit different than the usual brown suede options that I could wear with jeans and chinos. The color on these is a grey/brown/taupe mixture that's hard to describe. They were on sale for 162.50 pounds. I opted for the 25 pound royal mail shipping so I wouldn't get hit with customs/duty.

Comment

Just picked up three BR merino v-necks for $45 in store. I also had $20 in merchandise credit so essentially I paid $25 for three sweaters- pretty sweet deal if you ask me.

Comment

Just picked up three BR merino v-necks for $45 in store. I also had $20 in merchandise credit so essentially I paid $25 for three sweaters- pretty sweet deal if you ask me.
                          Great deals great shades
                          Eat what is good for your health but
                          Wear what is good for your and others eyes

Comment

Originally posted by fiftyforfifty View Post
                            Great deals great shades
                            Yep, I thought it'd be a good time to pick up the basics.

Comment

Just picked these up during the seconds sale. I might be exchanging these because it has more blemishes than I'd like, but I will definitely be having a pair of Daltons in my rotation.

http://i.imgur.com/yyzwnMP.jpg?1

Comment

Just picked this up off eBay for $50. Vintage Gloverall duffel coat, made in England. It's in pretty immaculate shape. I'm a 38 in nearly every jacket, but 40 seemed to be the smallest generally available on eBay so I decided to give it a shot. It's definitely a little big in the shoulders but it seems to work for this style.

Comment

Working...
                                X