Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolutely ridiculous price for shell ptb seconds Imo. They look great but damn.

Comment

Originally posted by devastitis View Post
      Wow, that's a steal. Any idea how often the seconds sale comes around, and what made them seconds?
      Generally the seconds batches come out once a month but during summer, there wasn't one I don't think. Then around November, December and January it was once a month. Must be based on their manufacturing/sales cycle?

On some parts, the shell isn't as smooth, what cheapskates like me like to call "character".

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
      Absolutely ridiculous price for shell ptb seconds Imo. They look great but damn.
      Hah, reading [MENTION=11797]devastitis[/MENTION] and your comments one after the other got me confused. It's a lot of money for sure but I used the oldest "excuse" in the book of fine menswear, "this will last me a life time, I won't need to buy any more shoes!"

Comment

Originally posted by ninpb View Post
        Generally the seconds batches come out once a month but during summer, there wasn't one I don't think. Then around November, December and January it was once a month. Must be based on their manufacturing/sales cycle?

On some parts, the shell isn't as smooth, what cheapskates like me like to call "character".

Hah, reading [MENTION=11797]devastitis[/MENTION] and your comments one after the other got me confused. It's a lot of money for sure but I used the oldest "excuse" in the book of fine menswear, "this will last me a life time, I won't need to buy any more shoes!"
        Good to know. I'll keep on the look out for them.

And AE shell seconds sales have them at $399, so $85 more for Aldens is a great deal IMO.

Comment

That is true, a better value than AE shell seconds. Also I've forgotten how much alden shell sells for now.

Comment

Originally posted by devastitis View Post
            Good to know. I'll keep on the look out for them.
            They don't advertise them or post them on their website. You have to sign up for the email: http://www.theshoemart.com/contact/c...irregular.html

Comment

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
              lol I remember a buddy of mine bought a brand new pair of Alden Indy 405's back in 2000 and paid $200.00 dollars for them and everyone thought he was crazy haha.

Comment

Got these shoes from Aldo. These are re-branded Chippewa. I had ordered 2 pairs to check my size ( sized down 1 from sneaker size). One pair actually was marked ' Chippewa for JCrew ' on the insole.
                http://www.aldoshoes.com/us/en_US/sa...22?position=11

Comment

Stafford Harris Tweed in "rust windowpane" for $40 (CAD). That's $27 (USD)

Comment

Originally posted by RishiK View Post
                    Got these shoes from Aldo. These are re-branded Chippewa. I had ordered 2 pairs to check my size ( sized down 1 from sneaker size). One pair actually was marked ' Chippewa for JCrew ' on the insole.
                    http://www.aldoshoes.com/us/en_US/sa...22?position=11
                    Huh, no kidding. You should post these in the Deals thread. Also, they need to get their description right, because that boot doesn't have a lug sole. But these do look like Chipps.

Comment

They've added the Cognac color as well as more sizes since I looked yesterday. These automatically qualify for free shipping, plus sign up for their email blast, and they'll send you a code for an additional 15% off: http://www.aldoshoes.com/us/en_US/newsletter $120 shipped for new Chippewa service boots is a great deal.

I like that these have the speed lace hooks up top like the J.Crew version. They don't appear to have the Chippewa branding at the ankle either, which is a plus for me too.

Comment

I tried really hard to resist, but when I pulled up the site today and saw that J Crew lopped another $30 off of that brown windowpane blazer, and they still had 40r in stock... I just... I couldn't. I feel weak and slightly shamed, yet excited.

Comment

Snagged this on eBay for a ridiculously low price. It's in fantastic condition. Correctly sized NATOs are in the mail now.

Comment

These finally showed up so I decided to take a couple pics this morning.

Comment

I just pulled the trigger on Warwick 2nds. I initially wanted to get the Franciscan but they were out of my size/width. I'd been meaning to replace a pair of Calvin Klein monk straps that are beginning to wear through the sole, which is how I justify this purchase. Also the fact that I returned a CG DB suit, so I had already committed that money to new clothing.

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
                                These finally showed up so I decided to take a couple pics this morning.

Want.

Comment

Working...
                                X