Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Four BB shirts, a nice pair of cowboy boots, three CG suits, and a CG camel wool overcoat.

Comment

After not buying many watches through most of 2015 I am back into a bit of a kick. Bought and returned a couple last month, now I have this incoming:

I'm burning out a bit on the bigger sports/dive watches and leaning toward something smaller and simpler, a la Ryan Gosling in Drive.

Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
        I own a Canada Goose parka, the Chilliwhack I think (bomber style). Absolute overkill for anything above about 0°F, especially if you are doing any kind of physical activity at all. I would feel silly wearing it in public - these things are designed for people on expedition in the Antarctic, not the grocery store. But when it's 7am and I'm crawling out of my warm bed to let the dog out to pee in -20°F and wind, it's hard to imagine a coat I'd rather wear.

I'm baffled by the images I see of celebrities walking around wearing these things in day-to-day life. I would be a waterfall of sweat.
        And don't forget people walking inside the mall without taking it off.

Originally posted by Joseph Park View Post
        I am not sure we live in the same nyc. New York had one of its coldest winters ever and there is plenty of wind whether your waiting for the subway or walking along madison. Really this jacket is good for 2-3 months while the rest of the months you could get away with a light down or top coat

Interested to see what size people got their size. Again i am 5'5" 140lbs 30" waist 34s jacket got a small
        I'm a hair taller than you and I can wear a S on the Chateau parka. This will allow me to layer it up over a suit or even a dress shirt with cardigan/sweater underneath.

Although it don't get as cold in NY as it does here, it is a solid investment that'll last you some time.
        And be sure to read the disclaimer about the "Lifetime warranty" - its only for manufacturer defect and unintended wear and tear. I suggest taking care (lots of it!) of it too because i don't think they will repair it if it accidentally got caught in your car door and it ripped.

@topic:
        -couple of wool-blend Daniel Hetcher sportcoats for $45 apiece!
        -pebbled-leather boots with rubber soles for wintry-office-days
        5' 6" | 143 lbs | 29x30 pants | 36S jacket | 14.5 shirt | 8 shoe size

Comment

I have really short arms narrow shoulders. I wear a 34s jacket. As per the advice of CG I looked into the Fusion fit which is shorter length and shorter arms, this style was designed specifically for the Asian market (which I am). If you find Canada Goose is too long on the arms for you def go with the Fusion fit. I recommend Moose Jaw, an authorized retailer. They messed up my order and gave me 15% off, free shipping 2nd day, no tax (NYC), and over $100 worth of rewards credits (bought gloves and a Patagonia sweatshirt). So for a little over $700 I think I got a steal.

Comment

[MENTION=2341]LesserBlackDog[/MENTION], that's gorgeous. What's the model?

Comment

Originally posted by m. Montaigne View Post
              [mention=2341]lesserblackdog[/mention], that's gorgeous. What's the model?
              sarb035
              Ben

Comment

sarb035
                Recently received the 033 (black face). Your pic is giving me second thoughts.

Comment

sarb035
                  Thanks!

Comment

I haven't purchased much clothing related stuff this year but I did recently pick up this coat during the MrPorter sale.
                    https://www.mrporter.com/mens/gant_r...t/586368?ppv=2
                    It fits me perfectly. I'll try to get a pic of me wearing it later today.

Comment

New briefcase/laptop bag. (Don't mind the bitchin jammies)

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                        I haven't purchased much clothing related stuff this year but I did recently pick up this coat during the MrPorter sale.
                        https://www.mrporter.com/mens/gant_r...t/586368?ppv=2
                        It fits me perfectly. I'll try to get a pic of me wearing it later today.

I'm a fan of the lighter brown buttons against that blue texture.

Comment

Shoemart seconds just came in. Alden PTB 990 color 8.

Comment

Originally posted by ninpb View Post
                            Shoemart seconds just came in. Alden PTB 990 color 8.

Very nice. How much were they if you don't mind me asking.

Comment

Originally posted by devastitis View Post
                              Very nice. How much were they if you don't mind me asking.
                              475 + 10 shipping. Shoemart seconds went up 50 about 2-3 months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by ninpb View Post
                                475 + 10 shipping. Shoemart seconds went up 50 about 2-3 months ago.
                                Wow, that's a steal. Any idea how often the seconds sale comes around, and what made them seconds?

Comment

Working...
                                X