Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These just arrived via Herring Shoes. Insanely excited to wear them. They're gorgeous.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Doctor View Post

These just arrived via Herring Shoes. Insanely excited to wear them. They're gorgeous.
      Those look fantastic. I've been looking at Loake for suede chukkas. Were you able to grab them in the 50% off Sale Herring was having, and what size brannock are you, and what size did you go with?
      Last edited by devastitis; December 14, 2015, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Very nice. I want to get these in black calf.

Comment

Originally posted by devastitis View Post
          Those look fantastic. I've been looking at Loake for suede chukkas. Were you able to grab them in the 50% off Sale Herring was having, and what size brannock are you, and what size did you go with?
          Thanks; I'm extremely happy with them. I've never owned suede shoes as nice as these and the quality appears to be outstanding. I had been keeping an eye on them at Herring for a few days but never saw them on sale, so I hope they were never included in the sale items or I would feel like a bit of an idiot. I'm still quite pleased with the price shipped from Herring when compared to East Dane or someone similar. As for my Brannock size, I believe when I was last sized a couple of months ago I was a 9.5. I know the UK to US sizing conversion can sometimes vary from a full size to half a size (at least I'm pretty sure I read somewhere while doing research on this shoe that sometimes it's only a half size difference), and for this pair I went with a 9F. I purchased a pair of Langdales from a Loake boutique in London this past spring, and the fellow there put me in a 9F so I went with the same size on these since they're on the same last, and I'm very happy with the decision. I will say that I wanted to wear them with socks that are thicker than average (think a lighter weight hiking sock) and they fit perfectly that way. I also had a small amount of extra padding installed in the Langdales under the stock footbeds.

Not sure how helpful that was so I guess your mileage may vary? Just seems to me that I'm more likely going to be wearing these puppies in weather that calls for a slightly thicker sock without going full boot sock (such as one would wear in Wolverines, Red Wings, Danners, etc).

For reference, I wear a 9.5D on the AE 65 last, and 9D in W1K's and IR's.

Comment

Thanks; I'm extremely happy with them. I've never owned suede shoes as nice as these and the quality appears to be outstanding. I had been keeping an eye on them at Herring for a few days but never saw them on sale, so I hope they were never included in the sale items or I would feel like a bit of an idiot. I'm still quite pleased with the price shipped from Herring when compared to East Dane or someone similar. As for my Brannock size, I believe when I was last sized a couple of months ago I was a 9.5. I know the UK to US sizing conversion can sometimes vary from a full size to half a size (at least I'm pretty sure I read somewhere while doing research on this shoe that sometimes it's only a half size difference), and for this pair I went with a 9F. I purchased a pair of Langdales from a Loake boutique in London this past spring, and the fellow there put me in a 9F so I went with the same size on these since they're on the same last, and I'm very happy with the decision. I will say that I wanted to wear them with socks that are thicker than average (think a lighter weight hiking sock) and they fit perfectly that way. I also had a small amount of extra padding installed in the Langdales under the stock footbeds.

Not sure how helpful that was so I guess your mileage may vary? Just seems to me that I'm more likely going to be wearing these puppies in weather that calls for a slightly thicker sock without going full boot sock (such as one would wear in Wolverines, Red Wings, Danners, etc).

For reference, I wear a 9.5D on the AE 65 last, and 9D in W1K's and IR's.
            Perfect. I'm a 9.5D on the 65 last as well. Thanks for the info!

Comment

Been wearing my JCrew Sussex quilted jacket for about a week now and I really like it. Perfect for Los Angeles "cold" weather.
              I'm 5'8" 155 38S~40S jackets and the small fits me perfectly. Just a bit tight if I wear a shirt and wool sweater underneath but not uncomfortable.

Comment

Been hankering for a simple gold watch for a while. Picked this one up from Target. The plaid strap is fun.

Ben

Comment

LL Bean wool fisherman sweater in cream. New with tags on eBay for $80 shipped. Much better than the $149 LL Bean has it at retail. Should be a nice winter sweater.

Comment

The Sterlingwear peacoat I bought on ebay was a little big, so I resold it and bought this Fidelity peacoat back on Black Friday for $115 with free shipping. Sized down to a 38R and it fits great.

https://shop.vtarmynavy.com/fidelity...oats-p995.aspx

Comment

Gustin Horween CXL #8 high tops arrived yesterday.
                      Measurement Reference: 5'11" 185lbs 40R 32x32

Comment

Found some AE Williams for $129 on the Shoebank. Had been looking for a something in black to add to my stable. I thought the Williams was long gone but I guess not. Excited to see if the "Independence" line is all its cracked up to be.

Comment

Orient Ray with Shark Nato:

http://i.imgur.com/AOl6I0c.jpg?1

Orient Mako with generic Nato:

http://i.imgur.com/ekmvyHM.jpg?2

Merlot Park Aves:

http://i.imgur.com/NazlUtF.jpg?1

Comment

Club Monaco wool bomber for $120.
                            http://www.clubmonaco.com/product/in...uctId=45489896

Comment

Went in search of these at JCP and got the last remaining pair. They are excellent.

Comment

Three very grenadine-ish BB Makers ties off eBay for ~$17 a piece shipped.

Comment

Working...
                                X