Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been good lately.. sort of. The only thing that is coming to mind right now is a new solid cologne:

http://www.fultonandroark.com/all-products/hatteras

Tried it out at Northern Grade (a highly recommended event for any city it visits) and loved it. Reminded me of some of the woodsy scent I like in Terre d'hermes and way, way cheaper. Been using it for over a month now and can't even tell that I've made a dent in it.
    "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Just bought this Bar III shirt from Macy's:
      http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/b...0635&RVI=PDP_1

I love this line of shirts. They're the only ones I've ever found that fit me properly off the rack. The shirt looks great with my blue cotton blazer, but it's equally at home underneath a sweater and/or with jeans. I just wish the collar was a little more substantial.

Comment

Picked up a Barbour International from Sierra Trading Post on Monday, and it was delivered today. Pretty impressive, coming all the way to NJ from Wyoming. I actually needed a new riding jacket, and this is one of the few that I can wear off the bike without looking like a fake power ranger. For a waxed Barbour, it's the only one that I'm aware of that actually has a gore-tex style inner lining and removable zip in quilted liner. Even has pockets for shoulder, elbow and back pads. Don't mind my jammies.

Comment

This afternoon I went to the Red Wing store and splurged!

First, a pair of 1155s:

Then a pair 875s, which I even wore out of the store:

Pardon the dog hair that I only just now noticed on one of the boots (1st 875 photo)!

Comment

Pretty boots.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Man I want the red wing engineer boots black. Great riding boot.

I bought two pairs of CHUP socks from Jcrew $35 a pair but free shipping. When I get them we'll see if they are worth it. If not I'll return.

Comment

Took the plunge and bought myself an amazing winter coat: Canada Goose. It's really the Hummer of winter coats. With this said it's probably totally unnecessary and a $300 North Face or nice Patagonia would have been fine but the idea of having a coat with a lifetime warranty and one that is meant to withstand -15 F is crazy. Goose down and real coyote fur this is the real deal. Canada Goose has become a real lifestyle brand lately and not only are they at some of the highest end sports stores but Bloomingdales and Nordstrom as well. There coats really start at $700+. I first saw CG in 2013 on Kate Upton and while I was wowed by Katie the coat was also stunning.

Gooses never go on sale and finding a discounted one if scary since these are highly counterfeited. Went to Bloomingdales to try on the Langford and Chateau. I liked the the Langford for the no buttons which seems easier to take on and off and slightly longer length but found the small to be very roomy and the x-small to be too small at the waist. Plus undoing the velcro is very loud. The Chateau is considered slim fit which means it's slim for a parka. Being 5'5" 140 lbs 30" waist and small shoulders I can take the slimmest fit possible. The Chateau is big enough to wear a suit jacket under yet not as big as a Langford which makes you feel like your swimming in fabric. The buttons on the Chateau are annoying but give the parka a formal look which make it a good alternative to a wool top coat in really cold weather. Both jackets have very long arms but this is part function.

I picked the Chateau for it's slimmer feel and formal buttons look. At $825 it's not cheap but ever year this jacket has gone up in price. In 2013 the jacket was $700, last year it was $800. If I wait 1-2 years will it be a $1k jacket? Got the black but I have been told certain colors and sizes sell out quickly and since CG uses real animal product once they run out for the season they are out.

https://www.canada-goose.com/us/en/c...289706801.html

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph Park View Post
                    Took the plunge and bought myself an amazing winter coat: Canada Goose.
                    Congrats on the purchase, Canada Goose is definitely one of the best in the game! I am one more polar vortex away from getting one lol.

Comment

After catching and releasing a half-dozen leather boat shoes over the last year, I finally settled on a pair:

Snagged 'em for $54 on Cyber Monday.

Comment

Just got a Spier and Mackay shirt delivered, a 17.5 contemporary fit. Hope it doesn't shrink in the wash as it's a good fit at the shoulder and an excellent fit at the chest. Waist could use some darts in the back but that's just because of my build. At 37 the sleeves are about 1.5 inches too long but none of this matters till after the first washing. Quality is great for the price as has been said many times and the collar roll looks great (button down). Once I know if/how much it shrinks, I'll pay S&M to put the sleeves where I want them as it's $6 cheaper than my seamstress.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocco View Post
                          After catching and releasing a half-dozen leather boat shoes over the last year, I finally settled on a pair:

Snagged 'em for $54 on Cyber Monday.
                          Docksides are the absolute best. I picked up a pair of the Horween ones last year and Sperry became immediately obsolete for me. Quality is so much better than the stuff Sperry is selling these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Doctor View Post
                            Docksides are the absolute best. I picked up a pair of the Horween ones last year and Sperry became immediately obsolete for me. Quality is so much better than the stuff Sperry is selling these days.
                            I actually ordered and returned a pair of Horweens because I didn't like the color, but you are right, the quality difference is palpable. I also considered Lands' End, Sperry for J.Crew, Sperry Echo, and L.L. Bean. The Bean shoes felt closest in quality, but were too narrow. Sizing on the Sperrys was all over the place, and the LE shoes felt cheap. The Docksides feel like tanks and were cheaper than everything else except for Lands' End.

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph Park View Post
                              Took the plunge and bought myself an amazing winter coat: Canada Goose. It's really the Hummer of winter coats. With this said it's probably totally unnecessary and a $300 North Face or nice Patagonia would have been fine but the idea of having a coat with a lifetime warranty and one that is meant to withstand -15 F is crazy. Goose down and real coyote fur this is the real deal. Canada Goose has become a real lifestyle brand lately and not only are they at some of the highest end sports stores but Bloomingdales and Nordstrom as well. There coats really start at $700+. I first saw CG in 2013 on Kate Upton and while I was wowed by Katie the coat was also stunning.

Gooses never go on sale and finding a discounted one if scary since these are highly counterfeited. Went to Bloomingdales to try on the Langford and Chateau. I liked the the Langford for the no buttons which seems easier to take on and off and slightly longer length but found the small to be very roomy and the x-small to be too small at the waist. Plus undoing the velcro is very loud. The Chateau is considered slim fit which means it's slim for a parka. Being 5'5" 140 lbs 30" waist and small shoulders I can take the slimmest fit possible. The Chateau is big enough to wear a suit jacket under yet not as big as a Langford which makes you feel like your swimming in fabric. The buttons on the Chateau are annoying but give the parka a formal look which make it a good alternative to a wool top coat in really cold weather. Both jackets have very long arms but this is part function.

I picked the Chateau for it's slimmer feel and formal buttons look. At $825 it's not cheap but ever year this jacket has gone up in price. In 2013 the jacket was $700, last year it was $800. If I wait 1-2 years will it be a $1k jacket? Got the black but I have been told certain colors and sizes sell out quickly and since CG uses real animal product once they run out for the season they are out.

https://www.canada-goose.com/us/en/c...289706801.html
                              I was thinking about buying a CG but the price just was a killer. I went the the Alpha Industries N3B parka used on eBay for $65 shipped. Couldn't beat it especially for that price. Works very very well but isn't as fashionable as the CG and you can tell the quality is lower but damn it's warm and almost too warm at times when shoveling.

Comment

Canada Goose is overkill I admit. But living in NYC we have been getting 2-3 months of unbearable winter cold starting in January usually. This was my Xmas gift to myself. This should last me at least 5-10 years. I will say the jackets are crazy warm and I was sweating while trying them on at Bloomingdale's. Really like anything you are paying for the name and the "it" factor of CG since many celebs where them, but a jacket at a third or quarter of the price will probably do you just fine.

As I mentioned a big factory was getting a coat that was warmer than my wool topcoat which is stylish but even now I am cold in and it has been a warm winter so far in New York in 40-50s

Comment

Working...
                                X