Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been trying to avoid clothing purchases generally and recently did a rather extreme thinning of the herd in terms of everything in my wardrobe -- my limited closet space thanks me and looks a lot better. However, a Thanksgiving weekend spent almost entirely in the office made me buy some things, although oddly enough nothing from Black Friday sales:

1. Michael Caine: 1960s hardcover book - On MC's style back in the day. He's a bit of a fashion icon of mine (less idolized than McQueen, JFK and others, with a style that's a bit more prep/English). He's also my profile pic to the left.

2. Orvis Badlands shawl collar sweater - First jump into patterned sweaters as well as shawl collars, but figured why not go full hog. Really enjoy the pattern, hope it turns out nice in person.

Comment

Ordered a few shirts and a tie from Spier and Mackay. I've been on the hunt for a good peacoat recently - surprisingly impressed with the Merona peacoat I picked up from Target for $45 the other day, but I'm keeping the tags on while I wait for Lands' End and vintage eBay'd alternatives to arrive for comparison.
      Ben

Comment

I found this Citizen Eco-Drive AW0040 that matches nearly exactly what I have been hunting for and compared to similar watches was a great price at $102 shipped since it's normally $120 to $160. http://www.jomashop.com/citizen-watch-aw0040-01e.html

Field/military style face, 37mm diameter so should wear well because I have small wrists, domed sapphire crystal is a big bonus to me especially at this price, 100m water resistant, and Eco-Drive.

Comment

Alden color 8 lwb with antique edge from the Bureau Belfast.

Comment

Originally posted by cotoks View Post
            Alden color 8 lwb with antique edge from the Bureau Belfast.

Wowowowow

Comment

I am currently not a fan of dark leather on top of a lighter welt but nice pick up none the less. My most recent pick up sartorial wise a Barba shirt in a pic I posted in WIWT before the dad jeans discussion. Also bought a 2016 Subaru Outback which I picked up last night. Ride is good so far and I will miss my GTI.

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
                I am currently not a fan of dark leather on top of a lighter welt but nice pick up none the less. My most recent pick up sartorial wise a Barba shirt in a pic I posted in WIWT before the dad jeans discussion. Also bought a 2016 Subaru Outback which I picked up last night. Ride is good so far and I will miss my GTI.
                I wonder how many of us are out there. Went from a 2004 1.8T GTI to a 2012 Outback 3.6R. Kids right?

Comment

Originally posted by ninpb View Post
                  I wonder how many of us are out there. Went from a 2004 1.8T GTI to a 2012 Outback 3.6R. Kids right?
                  2012 GTI to 2016 2.5i Limited. The 3.6R's were pre-sold for December so it would have taken until January which they did not know the allocation or color. Kid on the way in April and with interest rates near the floor I decided to buy it. We spent a ton at the baby store, stopped by the Volvo dealership next to the Subaru dealership and decided the premium for the XC60 was not worth it over the Outback. Plus I am too rugged for a Volvo.

Comment

I went a little crazy on Black Friday/Cyber Monday and bought:
                    Flint & Tinder boxer briefs
                    Wolverine Ronaldo slip-ons
                    Gustin Mystery Selvedge Jeans
                    American Trench Socks
                    Lands End henleys

Comment

Navy leather Schott MA-1, bunch of stuff from Spier (shirts and tobacco brown wool/linen herringbone suit), pre-BF/CM discount GRP turtleneck from Yoox.

Recent pickups I didn't share here: Bonobos Madison Topcoat (NWT on SF; featured here: http://dappered.com/2013/10/best-aff...llwinter-2013/), Sanyo Savina raincoat, Alden snuff suede loafers (from the threads).

Comment

I love my Subbie. 5 speed, Impreza WRX hatch with close to 200K on the odometer. Still runs great, fun to drive, good cargo room, goes anywhere and easy to toss the kayaks on the roof.

My wife has the 6 speed GTI, and it's fun, but the Subbie's just tighter in the gearbox and steering.
                        Don’t call what your wearing an outfit. Don’t ever say your car is broke.
                        Don’t sing with a fake British accent. Don’t act like your family’s a joke.
                        --Jason Isbell

Comment

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
                          Navy leather Schott MA-1, bunch of stuff from Spier (shirts and tobacco brown wool/linen herringbone suit), pre-BF/CM discount GRP turtleneck from Yoox.

Recent pickups I didn't share here: Bonobos Madison Topcoat (NWT on SF; featured here: http://dappered.com/2013/10/best-aff...llwinter-2013/), Sanyo Savina raincoat, Alden snuff suede loafers (from the threads).
                          I would like to add a lighter brown suede pair of shoes to my rotation. Alden snuff suede is beautiful.

Originally posted by BillN View Post
                          I love my Subbie. 5 speed, Impreza WRX hatch with close to 200K on the odometer. Still runs great, fun to drive, good cargo room, goes anywhere and easy to toss the kayaks on the roof.

My wife has the 6 speed GTI, and it's fun, but the Subbie's just tighter in the gearbox and steering.
                          Is the GTI older as well? My MKVI was pretty damn good for steering and gearbox and I have heard the MKVII are better. The Outback steering is laughable but is not meant to be tight and precise.

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
                            Is the GTI older as well? My MKVI was pretty damn good for steering and gearbox and I have heard the MKVII are better. The Outback steering is laughable but is not meant to be tight and precise.
                            GTI is not quite as old as mine, but it's the WRX package on mine I think that makes it so stiff.
                            Don’t call what your wearing an outfit. Don’t ever say your car is broke.
                            Don’t sing with a fake British accent. Don’t act like your family’s a joke.
                            --Jason Isbell

Comment

I picked up two pairs of BB AE shoes during their $99 Black Friday sale. I think they came out great

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

First batch of Black Friday pickups has arrived. Grabbed the JCrew Ludlow wool/cashmere topcoat as well as a pair of charcoal herringbone Bowery slim trousers.

Comment

Working...
                                X