This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andrewlcraft View Post
    Took the yoox plunge with this l.b.m 1911 jacket. Can't wait to try some Italian style! Reminded me a bit of my glen plaid silk/linen Ludlow which is one of my favorites.

It came, it's beautiful, it's too small Went with my usual 38R knowing it might be.

Love the construction and fabric, super soft flannel, almost feels like a knit. Buttons are an awesome iridescent dark blue. Just so slim, its a cling, not a skim, so its going back. Arms & shoulders were actually good, chest pretty good, no bowing of lapels due to the soft fabric, just the body is too small, which combined with the short length looked a bit womanly. The vents flared noticeably. Sooooo

On the way, is an l.b.m. 1911 double breasted peak lapel number in navy wool crepe, size 40. Has a nice casual looked to it, as all the l.b.m. stuff does, with great lapels. Gonna try this out for the holiday work parties.

Comment

It came, it's beautiful, it's too small Went with my usual 38R knowing it might be.

Love the construction and fabric, super soft flannel, almost feels like a knit. Buttons are an awesome iridescent dark blue. Just so slim, its a cling, not a skim, so its going back. Arms & shoulders were actually good, chest pretty good, no bowing of lapels due to the soft fabric, just the body is too small, which combined with the short length looked a bit womanly. The vents flared noticeably. Sooooo

On the way, is an l.b.m. 1911 double breasted peak lapel number in navy wool crepe, size 40. Has a nice casual looked to it, as all the l.b.m. stuff does, with great lapels. Gonna try this out for the holiday work parties.
      Too bad it didn't fit. Looks very nice.
      My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSs1xkOEoJdPfZ4KRW575qA

Comment

Originally posted by thecharlesg View Post
        Too bad it didn't fit. Looks very nice.
        Thanks, it's a gorgeous piece. Looking forward to trying out the DB look with the replacement, something i never thought I would try.

Here's the fit, over my work polo, baggy cords and Lowa hikers

Pic looks pretty decent, except the length. But it is following my body to a "T", and you can't see the vents here.

Comment

Thanks, it's a gorgeous piece. Looking forward to trying out the DB look with the replacement, something i never thought I would try.

Here's the fit, over my work polo, baggy cords and Lowa hikers

Pic looks pretty decent, except the length. But it is following my body to a "T", and you can't see the vents here.
          Looks way to tight and short.

Comment

Looks way to tight and short.
            Not real comfortable either

Comment

New Velasca wingtip boots arrived yesterday.
              Measurement Reference: 5'11" 185lbs 40R 32x32

Comment

[MENTION=11948]theskillets[/MENTION] Excellent purchase if I do say so myself.

Comment

[MENTION=13399]DocDave[/MENTION] Thanks! I also picked up a pair of their new derbies.
                  Measurement Reference: 5'11" 185lbs 40R 32x32

Comment

Picked up a pair of 403's over the weekend. Break in has begun!

I also bought a lightly worn vintage Barbour Gamefair that should arrive in a few days.

Comment

Scored a US navy issue black peacoat made by Sterlingwear of Boston, NWT on ebay for $130. I can't wait to get it.

Comment

And my second try at L.B.M sizing, the DB in a 40. Like it a lot. Sleeves are a tad long, which were perfect in the 38, but otherwise the fit is excellent. Material is great, moves and drapes nicely. Pardon my selfie stances, they always look weird to me after the fact. And the work polo. It's not a choice =).

It just covers my actual butt here, the cords are a bit low after a day at work, so the pockets are lower than normal. Still fairly cropped, but it works for me.

Sleeve detail, pick stitching, and material

Quite happy, this one's a keeper.

Comment

And my second try at L.B.M sizing, the DB in a 40. Like it a lot. Sleeves are a tad long, which were perfect in the 38, but otherwise the fit is excellent. Material is great, moves and drapes nicely. Pardon my selfie stances, they always look weird to me after the fact. And the work polo. It's not a choice =).

It just covers my actual butt here, the cords are a bit low after a day at work, so the pockets are lower than normal. Still fairly cropped, but it works for me.

Sleeve detail, pick stitching, and material

Quite happy, this one's a keeper.
                          Nice. I like it. I don't think it's short. Dbs are supposed to be shorter because they have closed quarters. That's definitely one of the more casual dbs I've seen.

Comment

Nice. I like it. I don't think it's short. Dbs are supposed to be shorter because they have closed quarters. That's definitely one of the more casual dbs I've seen.
                            As an experienced DB'r, thanks for your comments =). Especially on length, as I think they can be a bit skirt like when too long. Ive seen pictures where the closed quarters can look odd to me, and i think this one avoids that. Casual and easy to wear was what I was going for for my first time, and I think this is the ticket.

Comment

Scored these beauties from the Shoebank. Fifth Aves in dark chili with Dainite soles. The color is absolutely stunning in person.

Comment

Pulled the trigger on the Jcrew Legacy Blazer from the main page, and a Ratio Clothing White OCBD. Looking forward to both.

Comment

Working...
                                X