Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lucky. That's awesome. I need to end my aversion to that kind of store. The ones in my area are pretty terrible though.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Doctor View Post
      Lucky. That's awesome. I need to end my aversion to that kind of store. The ones in my area are pretty terrible though.
      My only problem is the number of times you have to go before something good pops up. Like thrifting, the thrill is in the hunt but my time is limited.

Comment

Latest creation from Luxire. Sorry no detail shot of the fabric yet, its a beautifully soft herringbone. Minor tweaks to fit, and this time I think it's as perfect as possible. Straight out the box including wrinkles in the pic. 10 days from order to doorstep!

And with all the current trends of spread and cutaway soft collars, I've found the look I've actually been looking for all along: a good stiff fused point collar. Sits under a jacket perfectly sans tie. It should, as it's a copy of the Tom Ford point collar.

And this is why MTM is top for me, in regards to the MTM/quality vs. fit thread. The construction is fantastic, the quality of this fabric is great (granted I'm fond of soft twills and herringbone), and it cost only $59.99 in this case. Each detail and dimension is exactly what I prefer, now all that has to be done it pick fabrics that I like

Comment

Great collar and choice of fabric. I need to try luxire next year. Totally agree about a good point collar, for going tieless it looks so so much better than a cutaway or spread, and I hate wearing ties.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewlcraft View Post
            Latest creation from Luxire. Sorry no detail shot of the fabric yet, its a beautifully soft herringbone. Minor tweaks to fit, and this time I think it's as perfect as possible. Straight out the box including wrinkles in the pic. 10 days from order to doorstep!

And with all the current trends of spread and cutaway soft collars, I've found the look I've actually been looking for all along: a good stiff fused point collar. Sits under a jacket perfectly sans tie. It should, as it's a copy of the Tom Ford point collar.

And this is why MTM is top for me, in regards to the MTM/quality vs. fit thread. The construction is fantastic, the quality of this fabric is great (granted I'm fond of soft twills and herringbone), and it cost only $59.99 in this case. Each detail and dimension is exactly what I prefer, now all that has to be done it pick fabrics that I like

i actually bought that shirt last year as well. wore it today in fact, and was just thinking that it's probably the best value shirt i own. great herringbone texture and super soft. unfortunately i have not found another good MTM shirt in that same $60 range. that shirt is def an anomaly and i highly recommend it

Comment

Originally posted by Scofield View Post
              i actually bought that shirt last year as well. wore it today in fact, and was just thinking that it's probably the best value shirt i own. great herringbone texture and super soft. unfortunately i have not found another good MTM shirt in that same $60 range. that shirt is def an anomaly and i highly recommend it
              Shirt really seem to be good, but are the lapel by choice or chance. I mean in the picture in which you are not wearing jacket the lapel size of shirt feel like little on the longer side
              Eat what is good for your health but
              Wear what is good for your and others eyes

Comment

My most recent purchase? An electric toothbrush. Damn straight! Can't have a winning wardrobe without a winning smile. And I have to say. This toothbrush kicks ass (I am in no way affiliated with Philips either btw).

Comment

My SoniCare is about 8 years old. I love that thing!

My recent purchases are a pair of Meermin Short Wing Bluchers and some Carmina MTO Dark Brown Suede Semi-Brogues. The Meermin's have shipped, the Carmina's are going on 4 months weight time so maybe I will get them by the end of the year.

Comment

I have had a sonicare for probably a decade. I panicked last weekend because I thought it died on me, but it turns out there was a problem with the house wiring and it just wasn't getting charged. That thing has been a tank!

I just got 4 pairs of Aiden chinos in the mail yesterday that I got for under 100 bucks shipped. I used the 25% off welcome email from BR, the friends and family 50%, and then bought a gift certificate for 12% under face value. Not a bad haul. Wearing a pair today and they fit great. Got navy, gray, khaki, and acorn.

Comment

For a broadcloth, the "lustrous fine white" is great, I have a regular dress shirt in that, and it is the base fabric for my tuxedo shirt. Think it goes for $69.99. I want to find a blue that I like as well as these two whites, then I would be set. But the Luxire website is not the best...

Comment

Originally posted by ninpb View Post
                        I just impulse bought this Club Monaco "cotton canvas" blazer for $69.

http://www.lyst.com/clothing/club-mo...blazer-navy-1/

Anybody know what "cotton canvas" is? Sounds stiffer than chino.
                        This actually turned out to be a really great impulse buy. The cotton is thick and heavy with cotton/poly lining. I'll by nice and warm on chilly days. It's also unstructured which you could not tell by the description or the stock photo. Having softer shoulders is what I feel more comfortable in in my casual settings.

Comment

I'm playing in the pit orchestra for a musical theater production here. Required attire is all black, long sleeves, no tux. I don't own any black pants aside from tux pants, so I bought some black Levi's, thinking that maybe I would be able to find a use for them in my regular wardrobe.

But my head is exploding a little bit trying to figure out how to incorporate them into my normal style. Ugh.
                          Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                            I'm playing in the pit orchestra for a musical theater production here. Required attire is all black, long sleeves, no tux. I don't own any black pants aside from tux pants, so I bought some black Levi's, thinking that maybe I would be able to find a use for them in my regular wardrobe.

But my head is exploding a little bit trying to figure out how to incorporate them into my normal style. Ugh.
                            yeah, good luck with that...black pants are nigh impossible to fit in. an article on effortlessgent, 5 things to own in black (http://effortlessgent.com/black-clothing-must-haves/) suggests wearing them the exact same way you'd wear blue jeans...but that just really doesn't work for me.

Comment

yeah, good luck with that...black pants are nigh impossible to fit in. an article on effortlessgent, 5 things to own in black (http://effortlessgent.com/black-clothing-must-haves/) suggests wearing them the exact same way you'd wear blue jeans...but that just really doesn't work for me.
                              I've got a black pair of Express jeans and found they go best with a something that has a pop of color. E.g. Blue shoes, green blazer or henley. You can use them like dark navy jeans but they provide a bit more contrast and formality

Comment

Originally posted by DuFrank View Post
                                I've got a black pair of Express jeans and found they go best with a something that has a pop of color. E.g. Blue shoes, green blazer or henley. You can use them like dark navy jeans but they provide a bit more contrast and formality
                                think i had the same pair from express...they ended up in the donate pile

Comment

Working...
                                X