X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/...8844/C8844.jsp

$105

New reviews but I need a dark jacket. I love JC's unconstructed jackets they fit amazingly in the shoulders. A course I probably will have to tailor the length of the arms so $25 more but other than that it should fit great.

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
      I'm in an experimental mood so I decided to order a J.Crew Crosby suit in a size smaller than my Ludlow size. I'm curious to see how it fits.

How did this fit? I saw this on sale recently but got the ludlow grey version instead because I wear a 34s and I think the Crosby would be too big

Comment

Originally posted by DapperTexan View Post
        Looks good to me. I think it is just the fact that it is partially-lined tropical weight wool has some buyers angry as they didn't read the description carefully. It is obviously partially lined to keep it more breathable, and "see-through" fabric does not mean cheap. Too many guys used to heavy worsted wool, IMO.
        Got it and brought it to the tailors today. Thoughts: yes you can see through the wool, but that is mainly because of the lack of lining and even though the wool is transparent so is a worsted wool Thompson but the Thompson thickness and quality isn't near the quality of a Ludlow. I actually really like the partial lining and I can see how this can make a great year round suit. The shoulders fit perfectly! The only thing I have to tailor is the arm lengths (always too long Thompson or Ludlow) and the pants length since I am a 27.5". Otherwise the reviews on the website don't do it justice especially since I got the suit for $299 before taxes. One last thing, yes the fabric is a little stiff but, one it is new and two this is an anti wrinkle suit so I bet there is some kind of spray on it or it could be how the wool is wound really tight.

Comment

first pair of AE, went with the McGregor LWB
          thanks to the RDA sale!

does anybody know what shade of saphir creme polish works well with brown burnished finish?

Comment

Looking at this sports coat: http://i.imgur.com/exAEBgd.jpg to pair with either dark wash denim or khakis. Not sure if the pattern might be too busy, though...

Comment

Originally posted by elduderino260 View Post
              Looking at this sports coat: http://i.imgur.com/exAEBgd.jpg to pair with either dark wash denim or khakis. Not sure if the pattern might be too busy, though...
              Not at all.

Comment

Originally posted by elduderino260 View Post
                Definitely not too busy, a classic pattern. It looks a bit like a suit jacket but I think you can pair it with dark denim or darker grey trousers.

Comment

Originally posted by Moelman View Post
                  Definitely not too busy, a classic pattern. It looks a bit like a suit jacket but I think you can pair it with dark denim or darker grey trousers.
                  Brown trousers with some texture (moleskin, cords, etc.) could work as well

Comment

I have purchased 2 Dress shirt (which i had design) from UK based company 'Custom Stitchers'. They have charged me on $70 per shirt including shipment charges. I am loving it.

Comment

Just saw the recent price drop on this: http://www.sierratradingpost.com/san...colorFamily=01

Already have a double breasted trench, but with it being full length and me being 5'7", I feel like a cartoon in it.

Only information I have been able to find on it http://thetrad.blogspot.com/2013/02/...m-laperla.html

Comment

Sanyo Savina rain coat is quite fine, but what are you looking for exactly, is it just the length
                        Eat what is good for your health but
                        Wear what is good for your and others eyes

Comment

Originally posted by fiftyforfifty View Post
                          Sanyo Savina rain coat is quite fine, but what are you looking for exactly, is it just the length
                          I am just looking for an alternative. I usually dress business casual, and I feel the full trench is a little overkill, unless the weather is really bad. Although I know there are those who think the shorter raincoats are not worth it, I believe it will be more versatile.

Comment

Went to suit supply today in DC. Very impressive. Sales man was top notch. Got fitted for two suits the Napoli in navy and then a lighter gray. Picking up tomorrow. Thank goodness for good customer service. I would've never picked the size they fit me in but it's a great fit.

Comment

Just snagged some AE Park Avenues off eBay for $27 plus shipping. They had been posted like 15 minutes before I bought them.

Comment

Recent Purchases

Early today, Sunday afternoon errands. Inspired by earlier in the week's " Do you wear flannel" thread dug deep in the closet for a shirt I haven't worn in a long time:
                                Flannel: Arnold Palmer Timeless
                                Cords: JCF Driggs in "warm charcoal"
                                Clarks Original DBs in Beeswax
                                Timex Weekender w/ NATO strap
                                Rayban Aviators
                                Last edited by mjn082; October 18, 2015, 05:30 AM. Reason: Tried to move, meant to post in WIWT. Oops!

Comment

Working...
                                X