Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recent Purchases

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
    Would love to see a top-down pic eventually! They look great but I never thought of getting a balmoral on the Detroit last, what made you go that route?






    Honestly me either until I was randomly searching goodyearwelt on reddit and saw some great pictures of the detroit last. It truly is more elegant than people make it out to be. I really just wanted to add some diversity to my rotation and just took a gamble. I did a brief review on how they fit and price at http://oxfordsandties.com/2015/09/ca...t-impressions/.

    Comment


      Oh wow, that's gorgeous. I just re-purchased the AE Park Aves in black for upcoming residency interviews. Even nearly-new at $160 they seem like a disappointment. THAT is how conservative black captoes should look, no ugly welt sticking out from beneath the leather.

      Comment


        Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
        Oh wow, that's gorgeous. I just re-purchased the AE Park Aves in black for upcoming residency interviews. Even nearly-new at $160 they seem like a disappointment. THAT is how conservative black captoes should look, no ugly welt sticking out from beneath the leather.
        Where'd you get your Park Avenues for $160? The last time I checked AE prices was a year or two ago. I am pretty shocked at the price of AE firsts now. I don't have the patience for seconds either.

        Comment


          Originally posted by movoblast View Post
          Where'd you get your Park Avenues for $160? The last time I checked AE prices was a year or two ago. I am pretty shocked at the price of AE firsts now. I don't have the patience for seconds either.
          Ebay. Got fortunate as good quality firsts are going for 170+ these days and these were 160 including some vintage cole haan made in america shoe trees. New first quality AE shoes are pretty expensive these days, I agree with you about the sticker shock. The seconds game isn't fun. Would rather just ebay gently-used firsts. Takes about as much time but at least you know what you're getting.

          Comment


            Great elegant shoes by CARMINA
            Eat what is good for your health but
            Wear what is good for your and others eyes

            Comment


              [MENTION=13384]oxfordsandties[/MENTION] those are some nice looking shoes! Well done sir.

              Comment


                Not a recent purchase (yet) but somebody needs to stop me because I love this REAL HARD.


                https://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/...7253/C7253.jsp
                Ben

                Comment


                  Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                  Not a recent purchase (yet) but somebody needs to stop me because I love this REAL HARD.


                  https://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/...7253/C7253.jsp
                  Cool, but $205 cool? eek.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
                    Cool, but $205 cool? eek.
                    Yeah that's my thought. If it were $50 I'd probably have bought it already.
                    Ben

                    Comment


                      Recent Purchases

                      Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                      Yeah that's my thought. If it were $50 I'd probably have bought it already.
                      Agree with that wholeheartedly.

                      In the spirit of the thread, I bought a ton of camping-related stuff for a quick trip upstate this past weekend. That included a G-shock Rangeman I've been eyeing for a while for a super casual watch for when I don't want to muck up a nicer watch:



                      Also purchased a few more Bonobos washed chinos, including a pair in burgundy for the fall that I think look pretty cool: https://bonobos.com/products/washed-...color=madeiras

                      Comment


                        Recent Purchases

                        Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                        Not a recent purchase (yet) but somebody needs to stop me because I love this REAL HARD.


                        https://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/...7253/C7253.jsp
                        It's $205 for a fashion scarf.

                        Comment


                          https://www.jcrew.com/AST/Navigation...romSearch=true
                          $64 -- excited about the interior pockets and layering

                          Comment


                            Got a Suitsupply Sienna on eBay. It arrived today. It came on auction with buy it now auction at $290 shipped. I knew if I wanted it I had to act now and I could sell it if I didn't like it without taking loss. Seller claims he only wore it once and I believe it. I wasn't sure about design but I love it. Fabric is mid to lightweight S130 by Reda that has been lightly brushed. Not a full flannel but brushed, which I've been wanting. It will be a nice suit to break out on some of the cooler days this winter. It is a full suit, I didn't picture pants.

                            My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSs1xkOEoJdPfZ4KRW575qA

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Brent k View Post
                              It's $205 for a fashion scarf.
                              Drake's of London is certainly not what I'd call a maker of "fashion scarves." But yes, it is $205 for a scarf that would have fairly limited uses, especially here in the rural West, hence my hesitation at the purchase.
                              Ben

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                                Drake's of London is certainly not what I'd call a maker of "fashion scarves." But yes, it is $205 for a scarf that would have fairly limited uses, especially here in the rural West, hence my hesitation at the purchase.
                                Tiger print and number one fabric is rayon.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X