X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I recently got a longline tee:
    http://www.koovs.com/koovs-palm-fade-out-tee-56588.html

I need you guys to help me style it on myself!

I am planning black jeans and White high pumps! What say???

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
      Got my tux - I don't love the notch lapels and the shoulders are a little stronger than I prefer but overall I am satisfied. Also got suspenders and a real bow tie, both new experiences for me. Should get my cummerbund soon. I'm undecided as to whether I will get special shoes. Part of me would love to own velvet opera slippers with embroidered skulls or something, but really my black oxfords are probably good enough.

This is apropos of nothing but I had my audition for the music ensemble for which I bought this tux, and got in! I went into the audition under the impression that there were no openings and I was just going for a substitute/alternate spot, but they did have an opening and I am now a regular member of the orchestra!
      Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
        This is apropos of nothing but I had my audition for the music ensemble for which I bought this tux, and got in! I went into the audition under the impression that there were no openings and I was just going for a substitute/alternate spot, but they did have an opening and I am now a regular member of the orchestra!
        Congrats, Ben! Cause for celebration. Perhaps some skull-embroidered opera slippers are in order?

Comment

Originally posted by RishiK View Post

Got this last week. Perfect 38mm size !!
          Nice looking watch!

Comment

I'm not sure how my post got nuked, but it did.

Yesterday evening I unwrapped a pair of Uniqlo cordalane pants - basically a charcoal and white micro stripe. Fit is dead perfect, not overly skinny like my previous uniqlo experience. Love the look and feel, they look like they were measured for me, and I'm wearing them at work today.

Also a pair of the burgundy Wyatt single monks were ordered on the F&F sale from Banana Republic. 50% off, so $84 prior to tax, free shipping. I've wanted a pair of burgundy single monks since I came back from Holland some 20 years ago, where I had the greatest pair ever and didn't value them properly. These won't be as nice as those were, but a fair stand in at reasonable price.

Comment

Got this as a late Father's Day gift from wifey:

Aldo leather wingtip boots with leather sole

Only caveat is it is amazingly hard to find a matching-color belt with this.

P.S. I found one but it has a brand my wife love - Louis Vuitton
              5' 6" | 143 lbs | 29x30 pants | 36S jacket | 14.5 shirt | 8 shoe size

Comment

Originally posted by AsianDapper View Post

Don't buy without looking into it a little more, but British tan, walnut or cognac might be decent places to start regarding a matching belt. (Those are color names, btw)

Comment

Nordstrom / Nordstrom Rack should have enough variety to find one (or Google Shopping)

Comment

Originally posted by Nleaders View Post
                    Don't buy without looking into it a little more, but British tan, walnut or cognac might be decent places to start regarding a matching belt. (Those are color names, btw)
                    I saw the LV belt in an actual LV store so I can say that they are really color-matched, if not 100%.

Originally posted by DuFrank View Post
                    Nordstrom / Nordstrom Rack should have enough variety to find one (or Google Shopping)
                    I don't want to trust my monitor when color-matching belts (or other stuff) because most of the time, it does not look the same as what's portrayed in the picture.

You know, their disclaimer "actual items may be slightly different from the photos..."

And I'm based in Canada, so I don't normally shop with Nordstrom.

Comment

Originally posted by DuFrank View Post
                      Awesome shoes, good shade, will go great with suits as well as with jeans.
                      Eat what is good for your health but
                      Wear what is good for your and others eyes

Comment

Hello mate, great shoes! I have this belt and I think it would match with the shoes! You can always go look at the belt in person.

http://www.menswearhouse.com/mens-cl...ss-belt-852P05

Comment

Originally posted by wasbo View Post
                          Hello mate, great shoes! I have this belt and I think it would match with the shoes! You can always go look at the belt in person.

http://www.menswearhouse.com/mens-cl...ss-belt-852P05
                          Thanks! But I probably won't spend $60 USD on a single belt (sorry, cheapskate here)
                          I did find one in Hudson Bay - a Fossil leather belt for only $42 CAD. I'll just probably wait for it to go on sale.

Comment

Got these sneakers from Pointer today. After browsing MFA too much, I was convinced that I needed a white leather sneaker. These were 50%off ( 50+15 shipping ). The website says that they are full grain leather. They are nice and soft. But the leather is far too thin. It's creasing already.

Comment

Just picked this guy up. Looks even better in person.

Comment

I grabbed the Stafford Deacon's because of the site article. I'm happy to see they're down to 50.

Comment

Working...
                                X