This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
    I recently purchased a new watch - a CW SH21. They offered it in a 40 mm case size and it has a 5 day power reserve on it. Non-watch people won't understand, but a 5 day power reserve is a big deal. More pics can be found in the watch collection thread.

Beautiful Chris Ward watch!
    Measurement Reference: 5'11" 173lbs 40R 32x32

Comment

Great choice!
      Eat what is good for your health but
      Wear what is good for your and others eyes

Comment

Beckett Simonon tan Longwings for $56. Was avoiding the brand based on what I've read but price was right for trying them out.

Quality is great for what I paid. Clearance style. No obvious blemishes like you see in some reviews. Definitely not Allen Edmonds quality, but much better than dropping ~$100-150+ on a glued together shoe from Nordstrom Rack.
        I think they've moved on to new manufacturers now since when they made these Longwings, so perhaps their new stuff is better? Someone else could chime in better on this.

Comment

I recently got this OCBD: http://www.stateofg.com/products/the...ns-oxford-blue

I'm fond of it; the fit works and the fabric feels great for the price. I really like the thickness and durability of Oxfords. For some reason I've never had too many in my closet, even though they're such a staple.

Comment

Classic!

Comment

Awesome shirt good style and colour

Comment

Ever green style

Comment

The real effect comes when you can see with what dress you are wearing, although its a good choice.

Comment

Side look of shoes is awesome.

Comment

For the folks who like single monks, the Wall + Water single monk (calf) that Joe had in a recent article is, indeed, Made In Italy, and its quality is really close to the AE Warwick. Just got a pair in for 99 dollars (they waived the shipping, because it took like 2 weeks), and they are most excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                        Just ordered the Thompson tuxedo from J.Crew Factory, along with some accessories (cummerbund, bowtie, suspenders) from JC/JCF.

I'm auditioning for the local symphony and will likely get a spot as a substitute/alternate (no other openings for my instrument currently). I know the Thompson's notch collar isn't ideal but I need something inexpensive, well-fitting, and offered as separates so I'll make do.
                        Got my tux - I don't love the notch lapels and the shoulders are a little stronger than I prefer but overall I am satisfied. Also got suspenders and a real bow tie, both new experiences for me. Should get my cummerbund soon. I'm undecided as to whether I will get special shoes. Part of me would love to own velvet opera slippers with embroidered skulls or something, but really my black oxfords are probably good enough.

Ben

Comment

After doing all that and in a stylish way , special shoes are needed.

Comment

It's a great tux, especially for the money. If you'd prefer a peak lapel tuxedo from JCF, they do make them but only seem to sell them in B&M stores (there are two in Long Island, which is a luxury I understand is not available for most). If none of those stores are close by, try calling to see if they'll ship to you.

No idea why they don't offer the peak lapel tux jacket online.

Comment

I just received the navy suede plain toe bluchers I ordered from Barney's last week. I can't remember if it was Joe or someone around the threads that pointed them out, but thanks to whoever it was. The shoes are very nice - they fit well, they have an attractive shape, the suede is decent (the nap is on the shorter side, but it's plenty soft), they're goodyear welted ... and they cost $60. I actually have a pair of crappy navy suede wingtips that I wear on occasion, but that seem like they are about to fall apart because they're basically garbage. These are a great replacement and the price was great. They also threw in a shoehorn, which doesn't bum me out.

Comment

Look great Shomas, and they're GYW so if you ever want, you could resole them on something else in the future if orange ain't your thing. Shape is really nice.

Comment

Working...
                                X