This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
    [MENTION=13916]navy_and_charcoal[/MENTION] - any chance you could post a side profile pic? I have debated those as it is a more European style than usual AE but just haven't seen them in person.
    I'll try to remember when I get home

Comment

Picked up this Todd Snyder rain coat from the recent MrPorter sale for less than $200. Product here http://www.mrporter.com/en-us/mens/t...aincoat/460667
      it was actually featured at PTO as a recommended modern version of a mac http://putthison.com/post/1010931027...c-raincoats-is it is actually much longer than what the photos show. Hits at mid thigh and I upsized so it is roomy enough for a coat and not snug.

I am not that familiar with the brand. It retails for 700+. Is this worth the $200 I paid?
      Last edited by doomx; July 2, 2015, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Just bought every design of boxers J. Crew Factory carries, in my size. I like the material and the fit. Price was right and free shipping. No need to worry about dying in dirty drawers now. Quite the alliteration.

Comment

I took advantage of the AE Seconds flash sale and picked up a pair of Rogues in Chili. They are awesome, and so far all I've found are a few tiny cosmetic blemishes that you'd need to put you face right next to my feet to see.
          Last edited by Flying Gorilla; July 4, 2015, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Just ordered the Thompson tuxedo from J.Crew Factory, along with some accessories (cummerbund, bowtie, suspenders) from JC/JCF.

I'm auditioning for the local symphony and will likely get a spot as a substitute/alternate (no other openings for my instrument currently). I know the Thompson's notch collar isn't ideal but I need something inexpensive, well-fitting, and offered as separates so I'll make do.
            Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Jairus View Post
              Let us know how the Crosby fits. I'm interested as well.
              The fit was just... odd. Wonky in the shoulders and pits. The one I got was too short as well. (I knew that was a risk because my usual size is 36R and J.Crew only offers 34 in short.) Alas.
              Last edited by LesserBlackDog; July 7, 2015, 01:10 PM.
              Ben

Comment

To be honest j crew suiting just doesn't seem worth it to me unless you hit a huge sale. Joe posted a Crosby fit the other day and I'm terribly unimpressed.

Comment

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
                  To be honest j crew suiting just doesn't seem worth it to me unless you hit a huge sale. Joe posted a Crosby fit the other day and I'm terribly unimpressed.
                  Yeah I don't got for JC suiting full price. The suit I bought was down to something like $300 altogether on sale, which would have been a good deal compared to Suit Supply/Brooks Bros/etc, but only if it had actually fit well. I figured it was worth a shot.
                  Ben

Comment

I recently purchased a new watch - a CW SH21. They offered it in a 40 mm case size and it has a 5 day power reserve on it. Non-watch people won't understand, but a 5 day power reserve is a big deal. More pics can be found in the watch collection thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Shade View Post
                      Just bought every design of boxers J. Crew Factory carries, in my size. I like the material and the fit. Price was right and free shipping. No need to worry about dying in dirty drawers now. Quite the alliteration.
                      "Dying in Dirty Drawers" would be a fabulous album name.

Comment

just got the brooks brothers ae fifth avenues in black from seconds sale. Zero major blemishes. Very happy with the purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by AngusM View Post
                          "Dying in Dirty Drawers" would be a fabulous album name.
                          Lol it really would be

Comment

The burnished walnut Allen Edmonds Warwicks that I ordered from the seconds sale arrived yesterday. These are my first pair of factory seconds and to be honest, I can't really see any details that would automatically disqualify them from being firsts in my opinion. I haven't had a chance to polish or wear them, so here they are in the newd:

Regards,
                            Vic
                            "It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life." - Jean-Luc Picard

Comment

[MENTION=8358]Vic[/MENTION] awesome looking shoes. they seem to be mint.

Comment

[MENTION=4677]Shade[/MENTION],

Thank you. They should had been delivered Friday, but because work was closed, they sat in a FedEx truck all weekend. I would like to find a place in Seattle that stocks the Saphir line so that I could give it a try. I've read quite a bit about Saphir's line of products and feel that it would a worthwhile experience seeing how it differs from the Allen Edmonds products I normally use.Additionally, I need some of their lotion for my CXL shoes.

Regards,
                                Victor
                                "It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life." - Jean-Luc Picard

Comment

Working...
                                X