Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took a gamble on this just now. Hope the color is true to the picture. http://archive.unionmadegoods.com/pr...azer-in-olive/

Comment

Originally posted by ninpb View Post
      Took a gamble on this just now. Hope the color is true to the picture. http://archive.unionmadegoods.com/pr...azer-in-olive/
      Not bad. If I hadn't just splurged on the JC Navy Club I might have tried it out too. But that $10 shipping... stinks.

Comment

This JCF unconstructed all-linen sport coat came in a little while ago, but I didn't have occasion to wear it until today.

I'm digging it. Fit is good (got a Medium, I'm 5'11 200lbs and usually wear somewhere between a 40R and 42L depending), it's light as hell, and it breathes wonderfully thanks to the fact that the only lining is in the sleeves. Tail is the perfect length (I look like a gawky 13-year-old in a chopped tail), and I think the fact that it's double-vented gives me a little more room to maneuver (I'm broad-chested and often find sportcoats restricting).

Doing the controversial sportcoat-over-polo thing today; could also see it going very well over a seersucker shirt for maximum breathability of all layers.

It does rumple like a [email protected]#$%^, so it's strictly ultra-casual; only other caveat is that the lapels are slightly on the skinny side and I'm a broad-chested sort who isn't usually flattered by that, but I think the rest of the fit is spot-on enough that it works.

Comment

Filson Original '256' Briefcase in Navy

Picked up this bag about 3 months ago for just a hair over $200 during a Brooks Brothers sale.

Pretty much everyone at my company carries the same corporate issued bag which is bulletbroof for a generic laptop bag. But it's bulky (and ugly) and I ride a bus where space can get tight. Wanted something smaller that can still carry a 15" laptop with room for a book and papers. The navy works well in my mostly conservative office and doesn't stand out while still looking appropriate for any work setting I find myself in.

Anyone that's shopped for the 256 has probably agonized over getting the larger 257 (or 258). The 256 is perfect for the commuter that's in an office most of the day. It will not work as an overnight bag or a carryon but those aren't my needs.

Likes: After three months of daily use the leather is starting to break in well. With no padded section there's little bulk other than what you put in it. And it can hold quite a bit if you ask it to. The shoulder strap is strong without being bulky. Quality is obvious and it will last longer than I probably need it to.

Dislikes: There's a key holder in one of the outer pockets which I love, but it could be a little longer while still keeping things secure and hidden. And while most men's bags and cases are advertised with the model holding the handles, I almost always carry it cross-body messenger style. In that vein, the shortest length is still longer than I prefer.

I actually appreciate the things my corporate issued bag does well more after using the Filson. But the reduced bulk, better look, and American made goodness make it a great everyday commuter's friend.

Comment

Uniqlo J+ 90% cashmere v-neck.....buttery soft for $27!

Comment

Got these off eBay today. The seller had labelled these as 'used Daltons' some research reveals they were made for a GMTO - unlined shell !!! Not a great price for used Daltons, but an absolute steal for shell !!!

Comment

Wow, great find!

Comment

Originally posted by RishiK View Post
                  Got these off eBay today. The seller had labelled these as 'used Daltons' some research reveals they were made for a GMTO - unlined shell !!! Not a great price for used Daltons, but an absolute steal for shell !!!
                  Wow, those are beauties. To avoid being rude, I'll ask this delicately...

HELL MAN! What'd you drop for 'em?

Comment

Originally posted by RishiK View Post
                    Here I was, about to brag about the pair of brand-new bourbon calf Fifth Avenues (in my rare size, 9C) I just bought for under $100 via eBay, and there's this, winning the whole thread before I have a chance.

Nice find, man.

Comment

I picked up a pair of AE Vernon 2nds this weekend at the tent sale that I'm quite fond of. $199 - $50 Amex credit brings it down to $149 + tax. They are flawless as far as my untrained eye can tell, and they are the most comfortable out of the box AE I've tried to date.

I think I like the 108 last better for my foot than the 65. I think I'll give these a few weeks and then either pick up another pair in black, or maybe the Mora 2, which is on the same last.

Comment

I'm in an experimental mood so I decided to order a J.Crew Crosby suit in a size smaller than my Ludlow size. I'm curious to see how it fits.

Ben

Comment

Let us know how the Crosby fits. I'm interested as well.

Comment

Just picked up a BB blazer, some AE Mora 2.0's off the shoebank sale, and two gap gelts in brown and black off yesterdays deal.

Comment

Picked up a pair of Larchmonts from the AE factory sale. I'm pretty happy with them. Slight creasing on the vamp and the stitching isn't 100% perfect, but you'd have to be pretty close to my feet and actually looking for imperfections to really notice.

Comment

[MENTION=13916]navy_and_charcoal[/MENTION] - any chance you could post a side profile pic? I have debated those as it is a more European style than usual AE but just haven't seen them in person.

Comment

Working...
                                X